PDA

View Full Version : Little early

I Bleed Red08
04-25-2006, 12:59 PM
well i know its a little early for football talk but come on thats what this thing was made for.

so who do you think has the best chance next year to win state??

raider red 2000
04-25-2006, 01:00 PM
polacios
cuero
gilmer

Cameron Crazy
04-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Cuero!

District303aPastPlayer
04-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Cuero, Gilmer, and Progresso

raider red 2000
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
prgresso....good one.

Adidas410s
04-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
well i know its a little early for football talk but come on thats what this thing was made for.

so who do you think has the best chance next year to win state??

Refer yourself to this thread...we had this discussion in detail last week:

3ADL "Scientific" Poll (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43569&highlight=scientific)

injuredinmelee
04-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Gilmer
Gilmer
And Gilmer again.

lostaussie
04-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Gilmer
Gilmer
And Gilmer again. their you go being silly again:cool:

GreenMonster
04-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Luckily for the rest of 3A it takes more than just talent to win a State football Championship. I've seen some very talented football teams that were so busy fighting themselves they didn't have time to win the games. Hopefully, for Gilmer's sake, there will be a smooth transition with the arrival of the Kinne kid. A big move in like this can have a huge impact on a football team and can create a power struggle from inside the team.

mrescape43
04-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Luckily for the rest of 3A it takes more than just talent to win a State football Championship. I've seen some very talented football teams that were so busy fighting themselves they didn't have time to win the games. Hopefully, for Gilmer's sake, there will be a smooth transition with the arrival of the Kinne kid. A big move in like this can have a huge impact on a football team and can create a power struggle from inside the team.

True, they already had a very good Qback.

Also an injury here or there can really alter the future.

lostaussie
04-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Luckily for the rest of 3A it takes more than just talent to win a State football Championship. i've been watching this game a long time. long enough to know that on anybody's run to a title they will need some luck. there are lots of good teams this year and we will be one of them. but for anyone to say we already got it won would not be a very smart statement. i think injurred was being facetious, but maybe not. maybe he thinks we are going to win it all. nobody will roll over and let us have anything. you have to work for everything you get.

mustang04
04-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Gilmer
Gilmer
And Gilmer again.
ohhhh...so gilmer is going to win D1 and D2????:D

Adidas410s
04-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
ohhhh...so gilmer is going to win D1 and D2????:D

and also D3...also known as 2A!

mustang04
04-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and also D3...also known as 2A!
haha:clap:

Phil C
04-25-2006, 02:05 PM
What about West Orange Stark and maybe Jasper?

mrescape43
04-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
What about West Orange Stark and maybe Jasper?

I don't think their recruiting and incoming transfer skills are up to par! J/K :D

lostaussie
04-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I don't think their recruiting and incoming transfer skills are up to par! J/K :D that's trashy:D

gtownpoke
04-25-2006, 03:42 PM
on gilmer... non district will be a very tough test and should show some sign of how good this team can be. the coaches scheduled some VERY talented teams. Not to sound cocky but I think gilmer runs through district again. The buckeyes are very proud of that district streak and are playing teams that there is a history with and love to play (cant stand White Oak, Spring Hill, and Gladewater). The first round of the playoffs (if things go as planned) would match gilmer up against a very good liberty eylau team. I think the buckeyes have a good a chance as any team to go to state but that first round match up is going to be a good one. I havent looked at who would play after that but you know they will be good. I really hope Cuero goes big school because if the buckeyes come through this year, that game would prove who is the best. And I'm not saying gilmer would win, I'm saying IF they did win state I would want it to be over the team that most people think could win state as well so there is no argument. But like I said that first round game will be a big one so dont overlook it by any means.

j_dog
04-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I don't think their recruiting and incoming transfer skills are up to par! J/K :D
So true! Jasper could not even hold onto the players it already had. ;)