PDA

View Full Version : OU recruits wanting out.

Bulldog_12
04-25-2006, 12:05 PM
I guess when Sampson left, he took the cash with him.

OU recruits want out. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2421089&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

Bulldog_12
04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
These are all BIG recruits for OU. A five star SF, a 4-star PG, and a 4-star PF.

lostaussie
04-25-2006, 01:41 PM
from smoaky.com

Damion James Update (per HS Coach)

Damion James-Update (per HS Coach) Edit | Reply
I just spoke with Nacogdoches basketball coach Mark Richardson.

I hope I'm not repeating anything that's been written.

Everyone knows he's asked for the release, but unlike what I've read or heard elsewhere..."any" release is unconditional. If he's released he's released to go anywhere he wants since he's never actually played at OU.

Coach Richardson says OU is still in the mix, mainly to see if Jeff Capel can establish the same relationship Damion James had with Kelvin Sampson.

Coach Richardson also explained that although most releases in this scenario are granted, Damion's talent could make it dicey.

As Coach Richardson mentioned, "Damion isn't your ordinary player, and that could create a different situation with the release".

Coach Richardson added, "I think Damion handled Coach Sampson's departure very well, he didn't get too emotional early, and he met with Coach Capel, and after all that, he's decided to re-open the recruiting process once he gets his release from the Letter-of-Intent".

I did ask Coach Richardson had Damion not made the decision to commit to OU, who would've been next in line, and he quickly said, "Oh, I think it would've been Texas".

He also listed the following schools as those who could receive serious consideration, if they themselves are still interested:

Oklahoma
Florida
Arizona
Texas
Baylor
Texas A&M
LSU
Kansas

UConn was also in the mix before Damion's commitment, but he wasn't sure if that was still the case (but UConn has lost a lot to the NBA).

Again, if any of this is old, I apologize, I'm only trying to give updated information.

Smoaky

Phil C
04-25-2006, 02:05 PM
I am not an OU fan but that other coach left them in a bind and some of the sin and penalty should also follow him to Indiana (the price you pay for hiring someone who has gotten into hot water with the NCAA). I would ordinarily say the players should keep their word but in view of the trouble that has happened at OU I think they should be released.

lepfan
04-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I am not an OU fan but that other coach left them in a bind and some of the sin and penalty should also follow him to Indiana (the price you pay for hiring someone who has gotten into hot water with the NCAA). I would ordinarily say the players should keep their word but in view of the trouble that has happened at OU I think they should be released. Kelvin needs to be tarred and feathered....and then left out in an Indiana snow storm!!!

punt
04-25-2006, 05:14 PM
I would like to see coaches that violate NCAA rules banned from coaching at any level, even little dribblers, for 5 years to life, depending on the infractions. Still can't figure out why IU wanted Sampson with all the baggage. There are several top coaches available for the right price. The kid from Putnam City is also a very, very good player. Now the kids have to go through the recruiting again. Guess they probably have a good idea where they will go already.

sahen
04-25-2006, 08:22 PM
come to baylor Damion!