PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young may get the Heisman after all?

SintonFan_inAustin
04-24-2006, 04:05 PM
News is out that Reggie Bush might had been inelgible player for last season? Heard that on espn radio, anybody else hear anything

Phil C
04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
A player isn't responsible for whatever business his parents and other private business people do. SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

sahen
04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43857

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
A player isn't responsible for whatever business his parents and other private business people do. SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

If that business was done BECAUSE of him...then it does involve him. Go read the first couple sentences of the article I just posted. I love his "I had no idea" talk....that's a bunch of BS

Phil C
04-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
If that business was done BECAUSE of him...then it does involve him. Go read the first couple sentences of the article I just posted. I love his "I had no idea" talk....that's a bunch of BS

;) :D

SintonFan_inAustin
04-24-2006, 04:11 PM
show some compassion lol he may not have nothing to do with it but his parents might have,

Could Bush lose his Heisman?
The director of the Heisman Trophy Trust told ESPN's Joe Schad on Monday that he will reach out to board members to determine the potential ramifications of an investigation involving 2005 winner Reggie Bush.
"We're doing some soul searching ourselves right now," Rob Whalen said. "To the best of my knowledge no one has ever had a Heisman Trophy revoked."

Whalen said he's already begun to receive e-mails from Texas fans who believe runner up Vince Young should now receive the trophy.

"Clearly that's premature," Whalen said. "Let's see what happens and how this plays out."

The official Heisman ballot includes this wording: "In order that there will be no misunderstanding regarding the eligibility of a candidate, the recepient of the award MUST be a bonafide student of an accredited university. The recepient must be in compliance with the bylaws defining an NCAA student."

JasperDog94
04-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
A player isn't responsible for whatever business his parents and other private business people do. SHOW SOME COMPASSION! According to the NCAA, they are.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
show some compassion lol he may not have nothing to do with it but his parents might have,

Could Bush lose his Heisman?
The director of the Heisman Trophy Trust told ESPN's Joe Schad on Monday that he will reach out to board members to determine the potential ramifications of an investigation involving 2005 winner Reggie Bush.
"We're doing some soul searching ourselves right now," Rob Whalen said. "To the best of my knowledge no one has ever had a Heisman Trophy revoked."

Whalen said he's already begun to receive e-mails from Texas fans who believe runner up Vince Young should now receive the trophy.

"Clearly that's premature," Whalen said. "Let's see what happens and how this plays out."

The official Heisman ballot includes this wording: "In order that there will be no misunderstanding regarding the eligibility of a candidate, the recepient of the award MUST be a bonafide student of an accredited university. The recepient must be in compliance with the bylaws defining an NCAA student."

so if he was ineligible, then he will be stripped of it in my opinion. by the way, he is on TV right now with Wilbon and Kornheiser

Cameron Crazy
04-24-2006, 05:00 PM
I heard the same thing on ESPN this morning and i do not think he will get the heisman taken away

smustangs
04-24-2006, 05:14 PM
honestly if you were vince young would u want to win the heisman this way? i wouldnt wan to be known as the one guy in history who was second and got the trophy because of legal issues. just my two cents though

NHSRattler60
04-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Well here's the deal:

There are 3 cadidates, Linhart, Young and Bush.

If The ruling is that Bush was ineligble, the Heisman will be stripped and USC's season will be forfeited. Null and void. Which means?

Linharts accomplishments mean nothing.

Old Tiger
04-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow go from the nations longest win streak to one the the longest losing streaks within a month or two...that sucks

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-24-2006, 06:04 PM
as much as i hate to say this, usc didnt havethe longest win streak, i believe it was s.t.u.p.i.d ou that has that record at like 47 games. but i could be and hope i am wrong.

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-24-2006, 06:18 PM
also, i wonder how this would change the draft...if it were to actually happen.:confused:

Old Tiger
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
At the time USC had the longest winning streak in the Nation ;)

It wouldn't effect the draft at all. It would effect USC more than Reggie Bush