PDA

View Full Version : Hazy, Cloudy games

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2002, 01:11 PM
I have watched a lot of haze over the last couple of days in Wise County. Last night when we drove to Pilot Point you could really see it. I was wondering what the deal was, then read the FWStartlegram today and find out it was lots of good ole coal burning power plant pollution that has drifted down from such midwestern corners of heaven like Chicago. It was supposed to be worst through Tarrant, Denton and Collin counties.

I'm no treehugger, but this sucks! Hope the cold front blowing through gets it all out of here.

Anyone else notice it too?

slpybear

eye of the tiger
09-14-2002, 02:26 PM
The haze has almost been unbearable the last few days in the Dalls Ft Worth area. It is suppose to leave early in the week. Hope so.

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2002, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I'll bet it is really bad when you add this stuff on top of the usual stuff from the 'plex.

How was the commerce game this week?

slpybear

eye of the tiger
09-14-2002, 11:00 PM
Commerce lost to Wylie(4A) 29-28. It was a good game, but it would have been a great game if we had held our lead. Wylie has a pretty good passing attack and just beat us. Time to regroup and take on Forney next week.

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Good luck, I'll be pulling for you guys.

slpybear

eye of the tiger
09-14-2002, 11:42 PM
Thanks Slybear. Your Bulls are awesome this year(and last year). I went to the A&M-Commerce game tonight and our #2 QB is Jacob Allen formerly of Bridgeport who transfered here from Auburn. He handled himself well on the several series of downs he was in. The Lions lost to Southern Arkansas but a few bright sposts. Another former Bull Brandon Norman played well also.

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2002, 11:48 PM
Hey, what do you ya know! I am glad to hear the good word about some former players going on to get a little College Ball in.

Hope Jacob does well. I didn't know you were a TAM-C fan. I had a good friend from that school that I used to do some Civil War reenacting with. Both he and his son were good people.

slpybear

eye of the tiger
09-15-2002, 12:12 AM
It was East Texas State when I graduated. I kinda miss ole ET, but I guess it is progress. I know a fellow, Ron Brothers that is big time into Civil War re-actments. It is kinda interesting to watch them.

TarponR13K
09-15-2002, 03:39 PM
its been pretty hazy all the way down here in south texas

hornet03
09-15-2002, 04:14 PM
There was a pretty bad haze at Cameron friday night.

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2002, 11:32 PM
Glad to say that all Sunday long there has been nothing but clear skies and fresh air here in Wise County. Would have been awesome football weather.

slpybear

Super_Fan
09-16-2002, 10:30 PM
All the haze that has been around is gonna lead to some not so great passing games.