PDA

View Full Version : Performance Evaluations

Maroon87
04-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Any of you professional-type folks working on those right now? Aren't they just the best??:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2006, 03:01 PM
They're absolutely my favorite thing to do. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Self-eval had to be complete by Nov 18 so supervisor could "evaluate" by end of the first week of December. Still waiting on that.... :rolleyes:

BTEXDAD
04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Self-eval had to be complete by Nov 18 so supervisor could "evaluate" by end of the first week of December. Still waiting on that.... :rolleyes:

LOL, I love it, Mom.
I'm self employed now, so don't have to do these things any more, but I can remember doing one every year for many years. I'd rate myself 9 on one question and supervisor would say he rated me 8.
No real reason, just didn't want his evaluation to be same as mine since he had to talk about it with HIS supervisor.

pirate44
04-24-2006, 03:16 PM

i hate self-eval. with this new job (1 year already), i dont have to anymore. :)

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i hate self-eval. with this new job (1 year already), i dont have to anymore. :)
:foul: No fair. :(

pirate44
04-24-2006, 03:27 PM
:foul: No fair. :(
my boss is a good friend of mine, so when i go into his office, he just throws a bag of money at me and then we go drink a beer ;)

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
LOL, I love it, Mom.
I'm self employed now, so don't have to do these things any more, but I can remember doing one every year for many years. I'd rate myself 9 on one question and supervisor would say he rated me 8.
No real reason, just didn't want his evaluation to be same as mine since he had to talk about it with HIS supervisor.

Self evaluations are silly...I mean why do they want to know how you think you are doing when they are going to turn right around and tell you how you are doing and their opinion is the only one that really matters.:rolleyes:

slpybear the bullfan
04-24-2006, 10:35 PM
My previous boss asked for self evaluations to be completed on MS Word company form... then emailed to him.

Come review day? You guessed it... My eval verbatim with his name in the right box.

(of course, after the first year I got an even better review ;) )

Cameron Crazy
04-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Now what are these performance things for?

Maroon87
04-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Now what are these performance things for?

They are basically a "report card" of your job performance during the previous year. They also dictate how much of a raise you get...or if you get one.:doh:

Cameron Crazy
04-24-2006, 11:58 PM
ICIC

PPHSfan
04-25-2006, 06:07 AM
I own what used to be a small company that is experiencing some huge growth right now, however my performance evaluations are the same as they have always been.

If you get paid on Friday you are doing a great job.

If you get paid any other day of the week, you just got fired.:p

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
If you get paid any other day of the week, you just got fired.:p
ROFL!

AggieJohn
04-25-2006, 08:58 AM
my boss is a good friend of mine, so when i go into his office, he just throws a bag of money at me and then we go drink a beer ;)
wow. and this is in the corpus area?

pirate44
04-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
wow. and this is in the corpus area?
yup. i wouldnt have left my job at the other firm for anything less ;)

Maroon87
04-25-2006, 10:02 AM
yup. i wouldnt have left my job at the other firm for anything less ;)

Gotta hook me up Fo Fo. I wouldn't mind getting back to CC.;)

SWMustang
04-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Gotta hook me up Fo Fo. I wouldn't mind getting back to CC.;)

Anywhere else is better than Houston.

spiveyrat
04-25-2006, 12:13 PM
I don't have to do them anymore either. I switched from direct employment to contract employment. :clap: