PDA

View Full Version : iPod car adapters

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm needing to get a new adapter so I can play my iPod in my car. I have the $90 Monster cable but of course it crapped out in 6 months and now I only get audio out of my left speaker and the store won't exchange it. :rolleyes: Anyways...anybody have a suggestion on what I should get? I don't have a tape deck so it has to be a wireless one. I used to run it through my XM Radio's FM Modulator but my new car has the XM built in so there is no modulator. I guess I could always have the modulator plugged into the radio and have the cable running out under my seat or something...

anyways..anybody have a suggestion?

Cameron Crazy
04-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Xm my dad has it in his truck and loves it....its the best and if you like baseball they are big on that.....but Siruis or however you spell it has great baseball i have that at my house on my dish plan

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Xm my dad has it in his truck and loves it....its the best and if you like baseball they are big on that.....but Siruis or however you spell it has great baseball i have that at my house on my dish plan

Take your XM/Sirius business elsewhere! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: I need help with an iPod cable ;)

Cameron Crazy
04-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Well my bad...

BreckTxLonghorn
04-24-2006, 02:35 PM
I can't remember what brand mine is (i'll check it when I get off work), but its a big white dock that plugs into a cigarette lighter and adjusts to a radio station (I always do 106.5). It's only like 30 or 40 bucks, and I couldn't live without it.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 02:48 PM
i have an iPod Roadtrip. It cost me about 75 bucks with an employee discout at Best Buy. I love it.

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 02:51 PM
To better inform...here is the one that I have:

http://www.monstercable.com/images_db/computer/icarplay_wireless_plus_tn.jpg

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 02:51 PM
http://www.thinkdifferentstore.com/images/lg/4030-road.jpg

this is what i have...

BreckTxLonghorn
04-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

this is what i have...

Mine's basically a more primitive version. They're great.

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 02:57 PM

this is what i have...

Do you mount that somewhere in your car?

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 03:01 PM
just plug it into the lighter, it actually just kinda stays put.

GreenMonster
04-24-2006, 03:06 PM
While we are on ths subject of iPods, I bought my wife an iPod Shuffle for X-Mas. After months of me complaining she needed to download some music to it or I was gonna go get my $ back on it she finally decided it was time to load it up this past Friday. 20 minutes after she started and only 10 or 11 songs into her download my 23 month old happened by and tripped. Just happens she landed on the iPod sticking out of the front USB port on my desktop. The iPod broke in half. What a friggin' bummer! The Mrs is checking into whether there is a warranty on it or not but I think it's gonna be a big N-O on the warranty. Therefore, the moral of the story is, if you're gonna gripe at your Mrs about not using her X-Mas gift you got her then you better make dang sure that your accident prone children are far, far away when you finally get her talked into using the dang thing.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 03:07 PM
my personal opinion on iPods... i love mine. the only thing, is does anyone have a convertor program to change my mpg and avi movies into an mp4 format so i can get not only the video, but sound on my iPod as well

un b weavable
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
my personal opinion on iPods... i love mine. the only thing, is does anyone have a convertor program to change my mpg and avi movies into an mp4 format so i can get not only the video, but sound on my iPod as well

I have a program that converts avi and mpg to mp4 for my psp. The program is made to be used for psp but i guess it would still work.

slpybear the bullfan
04-24-2006, 10:39 PM
I have the Belkin adapter that powers it and also has an outlet to plug in FM modulator. I have an ITrip modulator.

I switched back to the tape input because the FM modulator gave me all kinds of interference.

I am researching a plug in adaptor for my 04 GM radio with XM that allows you to feed it in and control it where the 6 disc CD aux changer would go. It then displays the track info on the GM radio and is controlled by radio. It also is $179 OUCH!

Love my IPOD 5G 60gig... 2500 songs and still going... :)

PPHSfan
04-24-2006, 10:40 PM
I-Roc

District303aPastPlayer
04-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I-Roc

I-Guess