PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange Tradition

sweet daddy
11-18-2003, 11:18 AM
Have they won a state championship? If so who was their coach?

Pudlugger
11-18-2003, 11:26 AM
sweet daddy:
Have they won a state championship? If so who was their coach?Yes they won in 1975 (2A) and in 2000 3A DII . They went to the Final in 2001 losing a close one to Commerce 14-11. They went 3 rounds deep losing to Marlin last year, going 11-2 for the season. Thay are coached by Tony Valastro. Anderle #7, Schramm # 20, Gunn #15, Stiffler #70 and Krause #68 all have been to the finals at least once. Anderle and Schramm both started in 2001.

sweet daddy
11-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Does Orangefield have a chance? They seem to be a well balanced team playing well this year? They could be overlooked by a team with LaGranges tradition.

yonsony
11-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Orangefield has a slim chance. I still am not sold on this team. Liberty was over-rated.

smokey
11-18-2003, 11:52 AM
I said it yesterday and I will say it today- Orangefield will defeat LaGrange. Orangefield is a program on the rise and this game will further prove that.

sweet daddy
11-18-2003, 11:54 AM
On what basis do you believe Orangefield will win? Are you just trash talking or have you seen and evaluated both teams?

smokey
11-18-2003, 12:03 PM
I just have a hunch the old Bobcats will win. I have a sixth sense for these type of things.

JoeBob5009
11-18-2003, 12:23 PM
I'm going to have to go with smokey on this one, Orangefield is the first true balanced team La Grange has played all year. They have a 2000 yard passer a 1000 yard WR, and a 1300 yard rusher, plus they have two other WR that have 425+ yards this year, so Farias is not the only target. It is hard to Practice against multiple attacks, While Orangefield only has to really work on stopping the run. If La Grange is put in a situation were they would have to pass the ball more then 3 times in a row they would be in trouble. But they do have a strong running attack which Orangefield isnot undersetimating at all. But the same situation happened last week. Liberty has had some success in their passing game, heck one game the came back with a 60 yard hailmary to win, but like La Grange they only have a few pass routes so its easy for the secondary to cover it, especially when Orangefield is only allowing 56 yards throught the air a game. and Liberty was 10-0 going into the game. So basically I'm thinking that the Orangefield coaching staff will have an easier time getting ready for La Grange, then La Grange will have against OF. If OF stops the run they will win, But La Grange has to be able to stop the run and the pass to win.

Pradiction: Orangefield vs Newton

GWOOD
11-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Pudlugger:

sweet daddy:
Have they won a state championship? If so who was their coach?Yes they won in 1975 (2A) and in 2000 3A DII . They went to the Final in 2001 losing a close one to Commerce 14-11. They went 3 rounds deep losing to Marlin last year, going 11-2 for the season. Thay are coached by Tony Valastro. Anderle #7, Schramm # 20, Gunn #15, Stiffler #70 and Krause #68 all have been to the finals at least once. Anderle and Schramm both started in 2001.1975. Isn't that about the same year ZZ Top came out with the song "La Grange?" Talk about tradition.

punt
11-18-2003, 03:29 PM
JoeBob, you may think the OF coaches are having an easier time getting the team ready this week but I bet they won't agree. If both teams are equal and it comes to coaches matching wits I would have to go with Valastro. They have lost some big time players year after year and just keep developing a winning team. Will have to go with LG in a close one.

Pudlugger
11-18-2003, 04:15 PM
JoeBob5009:
I'm going to have to go with smokey on this one, Orangefield is the first true balanced team La Grange has played all year. They have a 2000 yard passer a 1000 yard WR, and a 1300 yard rusher, plus they have two other WR that have 425+ yards this year, so Farias is not the only target. It is hard to Practice against multiple attacks, While Orangefield only has to really work on stopping the run. If La Grange is put in a situation were they would have to pass the ball more then 3 times in a row they would be in trouble. But they do have a strong running attack which Orangefield isnot undersetimating at all. But the same situation happened last week. Liberty has had some success in their passing game, heck one game the came back with a 60 yard hailmary to win, but like La Grange they only have a few pass routes so its easy for the secondary to cover it, especially when Orangefield is only allowing 56 yards throught the air a game. and Liberty was 10-0 going into the game. So basically I'm thinking that the Orangefield coaching staff will have an easier time getting ready for La Grange, then La Grange will have against OF. If OF stops the run they will win, But La Grange has to be able to stop the run and the pass to win.

Pradiction: Orangefield vs NewtonJoeBob5009(is that the number of JoeBobs out your way?) you don't know what you are talking about. While it is true that in the Tye Gunn era La Grange had been a running team, the past two or three seasons with Anderle and a host of fast receivers they have passed for almost as many yards as they rushed. For example against Sealy:104 passing and 176 rushing yards against a very stout defense. In their win over Manor Anderle was 13 for 15 for over 250 yards passing. That is hardly a one dimensional "running offense". It is more of a balanced offense much like OF. I really doubt the OF coaches share your inaccurate assessment of the La Grange Leopards.

I have seen OF on film with my son and I find them to be a well coached balanced team with several good athletes including Modica, Austin and Hamrick. The Leps will work hard this week to prepare for the OF attack. I think our coaches will have the boys ready. I'll take the Leps by 14.

Mustang '89
11-18-2003, 04:53 PM
If Orangefield thinks La Grange can't pass the ball, they will be in for a long night. I've seen it first hand and Anderle is a "very accurate" passer.

Pudlugger
11-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Mustang '89:
If Orangefield thinks La Grange can't pass the ball, they will be in for a long night. I've seen it first hand and Anderle is a "very accurate" passer.Thanks Mustang89, I've been trying to tell these guys but they just know better! Hey, good luck against Barbers Hill. I think ya'll should win that one. Manor is looking real good these days. :)

eye of the tiger
11-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Ill take the Leopards. The Leopards play good clean hard knocking football with a dash of finesse and are hard to beat in the playoffs. Good luck to both teams, but my two cents are on LaGrange.

lepfan
11-18-2003, 05:27 PM
sweet daddy:
Does Orangefield have a chance? They seem to be a well balanced team playing well this year? They could be overlooked by a team with LaGranges tradition.Yes Orangefield has a chance...a 50/50 chance of winning the game. Same as LG. Nothing posted here has led me to believe these guys are being overlooked...Pi$$ on tradition...tradition does not win games!!!!

Pudlugger
11-18-2003, 05:41 PM
eye of the tiger:
Ill take the Leopards. The Leopards play good clean hard knocking football with a dash of finesse and are hard to beat in the playoffs. Good luck to both teams, but my two cents are on LaGrange.EOTT it is great to have you on my six. I was sorry to see Commerce lose last week. I had hoped they would pull off the upset but Celina is just too tough. Commerce will be back soon I'm certain of that. Meanwhile I welcome you as an honorary Lep backer for the rest of the way. :D

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
11-18-2003, 05:43 PM
I'll say LaGrange on this one.
Go leps, and go deep into the playoffs.
(and to Giddings, good job this year).

I say LaGrange by at least 2 TD's

Orangefield05
11-18-2003, 05:48 PM
I think Orangefield has a very good chance of winning. Our guys are ready. I think this is going to be an awsome game. I can't wait! GO BOBCATS!!!! --Erik

fullhouse
11-18-2003, 06:18 PM
The Leps have my vote. Very strong on both sides of the ball ( and yes, the offense is balanced .... let 'em just work on the run ~ that'll work just fine! Anderle's arm is worth showing off.)