PDA

View Full Version : what is the best team for VYoung right now?

wedo
04-24-2006, 12:33 PM
What are some opinions on where he might end up...

NateDawg39
04-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Some Euro team would help him more than anything...IMO

big daddy russ
04-24-2006, 12:53 PM
I think he'd be good in Green Bay and San Francisco, but the single best fit, IMHO, would be Denver. He'd be able to get out on bootlegs and put pressure on the defense. That seems to be where he's best.

turbostud
04-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Dallas

wedo
04-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Dallas

I wish!!!

BreckTxLonghorn
04-24-2006, 01:01 PM
I like the way Arizona is shaping up offensively for Vince to go there. An all-pro running back, two stud receivers, and a head coach who absolutely loves VY. I see the Cardinals team shaping up, plus Kurt Warner, though past his prime, would be a great mentor.

If not 'Zona, then Detroit, but that's only because I want to see the University of Texas @ Detroit.

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
I agree with Russ in that Denver would be a great fit. I also think that Arizona, St Louis, and Tampa Bay would all be good fits for him.

NOTE: I am not saying he would actually be drafted by any of these teams. Just simply naming teams where I think he could step in and help the team out based on their current personnel.

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I like the way Arizona is shaping up offensively for Vince to go there. An all-pro running back, two stud receivers, and a head coach who absolutely loves VY. I see the Cardinals team shaping up, plus Kurt Warner, though past his prime, would be a great mentor.

If not 'Zona, then Detroit, but that's only because I want to see the University of Texas @ Detroit.

lol...we think way too much alike. I was going to include Detroit instead of St Louis but there are way too many "me personalities" up there and I think somebody like Vince would have a hard time taking over their huddle.

Bulldog_12
04-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I woulda said Denver and Arizona too.

Black_Magic
04-24-2006, 01:07 PM
the Raiders are the only team in the leauge who would revamp an offence to build around him.

wedo
04-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
the Raiders are the only team in the leauge who would revamp an offence to build around him.

Even though i think the Raiders will end up drafting Vince, i don't really like him there. i rather see him at Arizona or Detroit.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-24-2006, 01:13 PM

They'd throw him in the fire immediately, though. If anything, he needs a year to sit and learn the Pro style game, so at least he can figure out what he needs to do to adjust.

Cameron Crazy
04-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Not dallas you have to remember that they got TO now!!!!!

GreenMonster
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I'd have to say the best place for VY to be right now would be the University of Texas for one more year.

Black_Magic
04-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
They'd throw him in the fire immediately, though. If anything, he needs a year to sit and learn the Pro style game, so at least he can figure out what he needs to do to adjust. Nah not vince. Let him run the same Offence he did at UT. It would give DCs in the NFL a fit to deffend the new 3 dimentional O.

Cameron Crazy
04-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Heck ya

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Nah not vince. Let him run the same Offence he did at UT. It would give DCs in the NFL a fit to deffend the new 3 dimentional O.

With many teams using a 3-4 you would see the OLB's blitz on pretty much every play and knock Vince out before he makes it to their bye week.

wedo
04-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
With many teams using a 3-4 you would see the OLB's blitz on pretty much every play and knock Vince out before he makes it to their bye week.

Thats true but to an extent. If they did let him run the same O that he did at Texas they could spread it out in 4WR or run 2TE and 1 WR so the TE could run a delay Route or Block the outside Linebackers!!! But i doubt that happens anyway!!!

DaHop72
04-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'd have to say the best place for VY to be right now would be the University of Texas for one more year. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Thats true but to an extent. If they did let him run the same O that he did at Texas they could spread it out in 4WR or run 2TE and 1 WR so the TE could run a delay Route or Block the outside Linebackers!!! But i doubt that happens anyway!!!

If they go to 2 TE's with Vince and a RB in the backfield...then I slide the FS up into the box and allow him to pick a gap. This leaves two receivers with man coverage and 1 safety to help deep. You can't bring the receivers across the middle because you have have 8 defenders that are inside the tackles and you're just asking for INT's and swatted passes. As it stands, the speed of the game will keep any team in the near future from trying to use a zone read type offense on a regular basis.

NHSRattler60
04-24-2006, 02:20 PM
The Titans is where he will more than likely end up, if not the Titans, then the 49ers.

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
The Titans is where he will more than likely end up, if not the Titans, then the 49ers.

The 49ers??? You miss the part where they drafted Alex Smith #1 last year? I think ya did...:doh: