PDA

View Full Version : Gibson changing his mind on Draft.

Bulldog_12
04-24-2006, 12:16 PM
It seems like Daniel Gibson might not be happy with his role on next year's UT team.
Gibson leans toward draft. (http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1277)

man I'm bored today.

Bulldog_12
04-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Granted this is just speculation at this point, he is probably just testing the waters. BUT if he does leave, along with Aldridge, and Tucker decides to go to, things become very interesting in the Big 12.

JasperDog94
04-24-2006, 12:40 PM
If he's smart he'll stay another year. I just don't see him as a great player. He's very good, but not great.

Bulldog_12
04-24-2006, 12:57 PM
The thing is, next year's draft is projected to be extremely deep. This one is not near as deep as the draft usually is thanks to the new Age limit in the NBA. Next year his stock might not rise even if he does get a little better and polished.

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
The thing is, next year's draft is projected to be extremely deep. This one is not near as deep as the draft usually is thanks to the new Age limit in the NBA. Next year his stock might not rise even if he does get a little better and polished.

So why not stay all 4 years? There's a thought!!!:eek: :eek:

Bulldog_12
04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
I dont know why not stay, from the sound of the write-up, he might not be happy at Texas. If that is the case, he might as well go now to get out of that situation and to avoid the loaded draft next year.

JasperDog94
04-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
So why not stay all 4 years? There's a thought!!!:eek: :eek: silly adidas, drafts are for kids :p

JasperDog94
04-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I dont know why not stay, from the sound of the write-up, he might not be happy at Texas. If that is the case, he might as well go now to get out of that situation and to avoid the loaded draft next year. If you were a GM, would you draft him in the 1st round? 2nd round? I wouldn't.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-24-2006, 01:11 PM
He and Rick Barnes have never gotten along too well, that's pretty well known.

Last year, with Aldridge hurt and PJ ineligible, Gibson was given a lot more freedom to make plays. He wasn't happy running the offense through them when they came back. That's my opinion at least.

Bulldog_12
04-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
If you were a GM, would you draft him in the 1st round? 2nd round? I wouldn't.

No I wouldnt. And I am not saying it is a good idea (although I am an Aggie and hope to see it.:D ), but he has the almighty "potential" that is looked for in a draft. I dont think Aldridge is ready either, but he has "potential". So you never know what is going to result with him testing the waters. He might go try out for a team, show he has talent, and they pick him up. Or he could go try out and completely flop and be back at Texas in the Fall.

AggieJohn
04-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Granted this is just speculation at this point, he is probably just testing the waters. BUT if he does leave, along with Aldridge, and Tucker decides to go to, things become very interesting in the Big 12. i.e. ags win the big 12 barring Kansas has another bad season

Bulldog_12
04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i.e. ags win the big 12 barring Kansas has another bad season

Kansas wont have a bad season. They are STACKED. I think, personally, that this might very well be the best team they have had at KU in a long time. That and the fact that the Ags go to Allen field house, is why the highest we will be is 2nd in the big 12 behind KU.