PDA

View Full Version : Artest suspended......shocked???

Bulldog_12
04-24-2006, 12:09 PM
It seems Ron Artest wont be playing in Game 2 against the Spurs. I really cant stand this guy.

Artest Suspended (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2419799)

Cameron Crazy
04-24-2006, 12:10 PM
He is an idiot

Keith7
04-24-2006, 12:14 PM
That stinks.. I wish he woulda knocked out Ginobili.. I hate that guy.. Can u say Over-rated?

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 12:16 PM
and what happened with Ginobli... no suspension?

JasperDog94
04-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
and what happened with Ginobli... no suspension? Of course not. He's got the Charles Barkley seal of approval.;)

Bandera YaYa
04-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Of course not. He's got the Charles Barkley seal of approval.;) ...and that's bad???? :p :D GO SPURS GO...GO SPURS GO...GO SPURS GO!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: I LUV MANU!!!! :kiss:

luvhoops34
04-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Is anyone surprised by this????? Artest is a jerk, and the league isn't going to cut him ANY slack. Personally, I wish they would just expell him altogether.

Artest isn't going to get any sympathy from the Spurs players or coaches. I saw Pop yelling at him and yelling at the refs because artest elbowed Tim Duncan.

The Spurs players are class acts, especially Ginobili. If you don't like Ginobili, it's only because he doesn't play for your team.

GO SPURS GO

:D

shankbear
04-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Ban the bum. Boot him. Can him. Jail him.

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
The Spurs players are class acts, especially Ginobili. If you don't like Ginobili, it's only because he doesn't play for your team.

GO SPURS GO

:D

It's not an issue of liking him or not. It has nothing to do with the Spurts either. I think it's the fact that he elbowed a player and caused him to have to get 3 stitches at the BEGINNING OF THE GAME!!!

injuredinmelee
04-24-2006, 02:35 PM
I didnt think Artest elbowed Duncan. I think he went after the ball way more physical than Duncan did. I am def not an Artest fan and will never be aSpurs fan but they need to grow a pair and quit whining. Be physical and man up. That is the problem I always had with David Robinson he was a wuss.

Phil C
04-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
That is the problem I always had with David Robinson he was a wuss.

He also has provided much good services and work to the San Antonio community. He was voted MVP and has an NBA championship ring. Oh and by the way he served our country for 4 years in the military.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Artest grabbed a rebound gets suspended.
Manu throws an elbow and gives Artest 3 stitches and nothing happens...

Maroon87
04-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Artest grabbed a rebound gets suspended.
Manu throws an elbow and gives Artest 3 stitches and nothing happens...

His reputation precedes him.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
His reputation precedes him.

so what you are saying is that its a double standard?

Maroon87
04-24-2006, 02:56 PM
so what you are saying is that its a double standard?

No. Just saying they're gonna watch him a lot closer than, say, someone who didn't run into the stands and incite a riot. Remember...this is his first playoff action since that incident happened, and the Playoffs are intense enough as it is. They're probably gonna err on the side of caution with him. Not saying it's right or wrong....just that it is what it is.

Phil C
04-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Can they really suspend him during the playoffs though? People pay good money to go to these games and if a great players isn't playing because of that they may get mad.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Can they really suspend him during the playoffs though? People pay good money to go to these games and if a great players isn't playing because of that they may get mad.

David Stern will do what he pleases...

luvhoops34
04-24-2006, 03:26 PM

The NBA is not going to put up with any crap from Ron Artest. If it even remotely looks like he did something, he's suspended. It's his own fault. Also, the refs are not going to give him anything either. ie; Ginobili accidently elbowing Artest. Mark my words, Ron Artest's days in the NBA are numbered.

Bandera YaYa
04-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
That is the problem I always had with David Robinson he was a wuss. Well, coming from a woman, I'll take that kind of a "wuss" over a thug like Artest ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!! Ha, that man you call a wuss could whip your butt ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, too!! Before you name call, better look up the definition of the word, because David Robinson is certainly not a wuss. Let me guess, you are a Lakers fan?????? :hand: :thinking: :p
GO SPURS GO.....GO SPURS GO......GO SPURS GO :D

shankbear
04-24-2006, 03:34 PM
tick, tick, tick, tick..........the clock running out on this punk's high dollar career.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Well, coming from a woman, I'll take that kind of a "wuss" over a thug like Artest ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!! Ha, that man you call a wuss could whip your butt ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, too!! Before you name call, better look up the definition of the word, because David Robinson is certainly not a wuss. Let me guess, you are a Lakers fan?????? :hand: :thinking: :p

Give me Ron Artest over DRob any day of the week. I don't know about you, but i like my NBA guys who will get down and grab me a rebound, lay out on the floor.
Artest and Rodman over Robinson and Duncan for me...

mustang04
04-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Give me Ron Artest over DRob any day of the week. I don't know about you, but i like my NBA guys who will get down and grab me a rebound, lay out on the floor.
Artest and Rodman over Robinson and Duncan for me...

jordan and james for me:D

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 03:42 PM
throw in Joe Dumars and ive got my starting 5... who you got?

Bandera YaYa
04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
The NBA is not going to put up with any crap from Ron Artest. If it even remotely looks like he did something, he's suspended. It's his own fault. Also, the refs are not going to give him anything either. ie; Ginobili accidently elbowing Artest. Mark my words, Ron Artest's days in the NBA are numbered. EXACTLY!!!! Artest has no one but himself to blame for this. Manu has a spotless reputation, Artest is a proven thug. He'll self destruct......he can't hang with the likes of the Spurs. I rest my case!! :D

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
EXACTLY!!!! Artest has no one but himself to blame for this. Manu has a spotless reputation, Artest is a proven thug. He'll self destruct......he can't hang with the likes of the Spurs. I rest my case!! :D

the spurs are the softest team in the NBA..

mustang04
04-24-2006, 03:44 PM
throw in Joe Dumars and ive got my starting 5... who you got?

if i could make an all time bball team..it would have Jordan, James, Shaq, wilt, and rodman

Bandera YaYa
04-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Artest and Rodman over Robinson and Duncan for me... Ha, Artest will end up just like Rodman did......doing the lowest form of a sport....wrestling!! Artest might not wear a wedding dress, tho! Nah, Artest will be sporting stripes!! :thinking: :thinking: :p

Bandera YaYa
04-24-2006, 03:47 PM
the spurs are the softest team in the NBA.. Uh, you need to put "World Champion" in front of the word "Spurs". Thank you. :D :DHmmm.....guess soft = World Championship.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Uh, you need to put "World Champion" in front of the word "Spurs". Thank you. :D :DHmmm.....guess soft = World Championship.

i dont need to do ish.

Maroon87
04-24-2006, 04:00 PM
the spurs are the softest team in the NBA..

:hand: Gonna have to do a little better than than my man. They were soft at one point years ago but you don't win 3 titles in 7 years by staying that way. You do it by knowing how to finish teams off at crunch time.

Bandera YaYa
04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
:hand: Gonna have to do a little better than than my man. They were soft at one point years ago but you don't win 3 titles in 7 years by being staying that way. You do it by knowing how to finish teams off at crunch time. No need to prove what or how the Spurs are....they have proven it themselves. People are just jealous and that's cool.......like Duncan said of Artest's mouthings before Game 1....take it to the court and let's play ball!!

Phil C
04-24-2006, 04:10 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

Bandera YaYa
04-24-2006, 04:12 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad: For who Phil......the thug or the reigning World Champs??? :thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 04:14 PM
For who Phil......the thug or the reigning World Champs??? :thinking:

last i checked, they werent the world champs... they were the NBA Champs.

Emerson1
04-24-2006, 04:19 PM
They have a bunch of foreigners on their team though, so it makes them world champs.

Phil C
04-24-2006, 04:20 PM
last i checked, they werent the world champs... they were the NBA Champs.

If it is the Spurs they are the World Champions. Look at all the Countries that are represented by their players. Any other team then they are NBA champions. SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

Bandera YaYa
04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
last i checked, they werent the world champs... they were the NBA Champs. Hey, ok...let's just say "Champions"...I'll take that! Who is your team anyways????? :thinking:

pirate4state
04-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Silver Boots!! :D

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Hey, ok...let's just say "Champions"...I'll take that! Who is your team anyways????? :thinking:

the teams i follow are the baby Bulls and the Bobkats

pirate4state
04-24-2006, 04:26 PM
the teams i follow are the baby Bulls and the Bobkats There is an NBA team that has a Bobkat as the mascot??? :confused:

I don't follow basketball until the FINAL, FINALS :D so this is a serious question. :)

Have you always been a Bulls fan? I thought you liked Detroit?

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
There is an NBA team that has a Bobcat as the mascot??? :confused:

I don't follow basketball until the FINAL, FINALS :D so this is a serious question. :)

Have you always been a Bulls fan? I thought you liked Detroit?

i was runnin with Dre last year on that one.

But yes, i do like the Bobcats. They drafted Sean May and Raymond Felton of UNC and are a good young team.

pirate4state
04-24-2006, 04:34 PM
i was runnin with Dre last year on that one.

But yes, i do like the Bobcats. They drafted Sean May and Raymond Felton of UNC and are a good young team. Got it. Last question ... cause I don't feel like looking it up :D What city do the Bobcats represent?

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Got it. Last question ... cause I don't feel like looking it up :D What city do the Bobcats represent?

they replaced the Hornets in Charlotte

pirate4state
04-24-2006, 04:36 PM
they replaced the Hornets in Charlotte Thought so just wasn't 100%...they have BOBKATS in Charlotte? :p :p

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Thought so just wasn't 100%...they have BOBKATS in Charlotte? :p :p

my bad, its with a C, but i like seeing it with a K...

Bandera YaYa
04-24-2006, 05:02 PM
the teams i follow are the baby Bulls and the Bobkats Those baby bulls had a good game Sat. nite. They will be a force to recken with in a short time. I'm pulling for them against the Heat!! That game was WAY better than the Spurs game.....being the Spurs game was such a whuppin' ! :D

luvhoops34
04-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Well, coming from a woman, I'll take that kind of a "wuss" over a thug like Artest ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!! Ha, that man you call a wuss could whip your butt ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, too!! Before you name call, better look up the definition of the word, because David Robinson is certainly not a wuss. Let me guess, you are a Lakers fan?????? :hand: :thinking: :p

AMEN BROTHA!

GO SPURS GO.....GO SPURS GO.....GO SPURS GO......GO SPURS GO

DUKE22
04-25-2006, 12:55 PM
As a Sacto fan I hate this because it kills our chances to win a game or two. He has to understand that the league is not going to take his crap and he cant do that. I will say this for him, the kings are in the playoffs because of him. He has made them tougher, and much better defensively. He competes night in and night out, he justs needs to cut his crap out. By the way if the Spurs shoot like that they will repeat this year in my opinion.

chugbug
04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
A t#$d by any other name still stinks.:p :rolleyes: :tongue: :eyetwitch :eyetwitch :eyetwitch