PDA

View Full Version : Relocating to south Austin area

STANG RED
04-24-2006, 09:54 AM
I am relocating to the south Austin area with my job. I took my travel trailer down Friday and parked it at Kyle, for the easiest commute in and out of south Austin, and to & from our other offices in New Braunfles, and San Antonio. But I am paying $375 per mo. for a space with a 50 amp hookup, water, sewer, & cable tv included. Anybody know of any places in the same general area, where I could get out for a little cheaper?
Any help from any of you RV'ers or Austin area people would be greatly appreciated!

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure about prices or if they allow travel trailers (heck....don't even remember the name), but in Maxwell (sort of), which is east of San Marcos, north of the Luling hwy, there's a trailer park. I would think the rates would be less expensive and it's only about 10 minutes to SM.

Phil C
04-24-2006, 10:08 AM
I can't help out on this but you sure are lucky to get to live in Austin. Hook 'em!

BreckTxLonghorn
04-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Don't know south Austin too well to be honest, but if you go here:

http://www.superpages.com/yellowpages/C-Campgrounds+&+RV+Parks/S-TX/T-Austin/

There should be some contact numbers for you to call around and get rates. Good luck, and welcome to Austin!

big daddy russ
04-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey Red, I looked at that house in San Marcos on Saturday. I'm still not sure whether or not I'll get it, but if I do you still interested? I'll make you a good deal with the rent, and it's right off 35.

Like I said, nothing's set in stone just yet, but if I do wind up buying it'll probably be sometime within the next month-month and a half.

STANG RED
04-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hey Red, I looked at that house in San Marcos on Saturday. I'm still not sure whether or not I'll get it, but if I do you still interested? I'll make you a good deal with the rent, and it's right off 35.

Like I said, nothing's set in stone just yet, but if I do wind up buying it'll probably be sometime within the next month-month and a half.

I might be. Or, if there is available space to set up my travel trailer there, I would certainly be interested in renting space from you for that. Does that interest you at all? It's a very nice 33' 2005 travel trailer, so it's not an eye sore.

big daddy russ
04-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I might be. Or, if there is available space to set up my travel trailer there, I would certainly be interested in renting space from you for that. Does that interest you at all? It's a very nice 33' 2005 travel trailer, so it's not an eye sore.
The neighborhood isn't Southfork, so it wouldn't matter to me (or the neighbors) one way or the other, but if you wanted to do that and there's enough room I'd be cool with it. I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks after I take a closer look at it and figure out if it'll fit. The yard isn't huge, but we may be able to fit a 33' back there. Should be mid-May when I get back down there.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2006, 11:45 AM
STANG RED...will you be staying in that trailer during the State Track meet??

pirate4state
04-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/icons/icon3.gif :D :D

STANG RED
04-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Yea, I plan on it. But theres plenty of room for a few more, if yall need a place. The bath house is less than 100' away, so theres no shortage of hot water, showers, and restrooms.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/icons/icon3.gif :D :D

HaHa...that thought didn't even cross my mind!! I just knew that last year he stayed in a motel and was wondering what he was doing now that he had a trailier there!!

STANG RED
04-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Don't know south Austin too well to be honest, but if you go here:

http://www.superpages.com/yellowpages/C-Campgrounds+&+RV+Parks/S-TX/T-Austin/

There should be some contact numbers for you to call around and get rates. Good luck, and welcome to Austin!

Thanks BreckTxLonghorn. This was alot of help. Now I have a list of several places to call around to.