PDA

View Full Version : A Question For All 2006 High School Graduating Seniors

olddawggreen
04-24-2006, 09:16 AM
What are your plans after graduation? (Not the parties) School, Job, Military?:)

LHMom
04-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm not an '06 grad, but I have a son that is. He will be joining big brother at Tarleton State in Stephenville. His plans are to be a landscape architect.

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
I also have a son that will be an '06 grad. He will be attending Texas State and his major is Business Management.

These are crazy times! Between college deadlines, scholarship applications, prom, senior banquets, graduation, senior trip, new student orientation/enrollment, move-in dates and school finally starting on August 23rd. Whew....I hope we make it through the summer...;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-24-2006, 08:16 PM
I will be attending Texas A&M University and majoring in either petroleum engineering or political science, I have yet to decide.

NateDawg39
04-24-2006, 08:22 PM
WHOS GOING TO ACU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

un b weavable
04-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I will be attending Texas A&M University and majoring in either petroleum engineering or political science, I have yet to decide.

I'm really liking A&M so far, but as for political science.....:foul:

Cameron Crazy
04-25-2006, 10:18 AM
BIG BLUE did you get a scholarship?

pancho villa
04-25-2006, 10:38 AM
My daughter is going to S F A to be a nurse. She also got a full scholarship.

Adidas410s
04-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
WHOS GOING TO ACU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

NOBODY...CUZ IT SUCKS!!!

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
My daughter is going to S F A to be a nurse. She also got a full scholarship.

Wow, that is great. You must be proud and feeling fairly relieved about the full scholarship. Congratulations to you both! :)

pancho villa
04-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Wow, that is great. You must be proud and feeling fairly relieved about the full scholarship. Congratulations to you both! :)

It saved us a lot of $. and Thank you.

NateDawg39
04-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
NOBODY...CUZ IT SUCKS!!! Your mom.....your mom.

District303aPastPlayer
04-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Had you looked into the University of the Incarnate Word when it came to nursing?

olddawggreen
04-26-2006, 08:15 PM

Go for petroleum engineering, it definatly has a strong future, and look Austin up when you get there:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Go for petroleum engineering, it definatly has a strong future, and look Austin up when you get there:)

Well, I initially decided upon the petroleum engineering, but I've taken a step back and looked at the possible jobs that I could get with a degree in political sciences, and I think that some would fit me well and I would enjoy my job. I'll definately look up Austin when I'm up there, what is he majoring in?

olddawggreen
04-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Well, I initially decided upon the petroleum engineering, but I've taken a step back and looked at the possible jobs that I could get with a degree in political sciences, and I think that some would fit me well and I would enjoy my job. I'll definately look up Austin when I'm up there, what is he majoring in?

Hes actually knocking out his core courses at Blinn in Bryan before transfering to Texas Tech or OU to pursue a degree in Energy Management (formerly Petroleum Land Management).
These are the only schools in the area, besides Lousianna and Miss. that offer the degree.
:(

Old Tiger
04-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Go to Temple College and get my LVN then get a job at a hospital that will pay for my college to get my RN. I chose this because there will always be a need for nurses, especially male nurses.

olddawggreen
04-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Best of luck to all of you, its an exciting time in your life. Make the best of it :)

Pmoney
04-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
I'm not an '06 grad, but I have a son that is. He will be joining big brother at Tarleton State in Stephenville. His plans are to be a landscape architect.

TSU is a great school my brother goes there

RMAC
04-27-2006, 01:31 AM
I will be attending Texas Tech University and will be pursuing a dual-bachelor's of Civil Engineering and Architecture. I'm not sure which way I'll go b/c the Civil makes me take to Calculus III and while the Architecture only requires Calculus I, I have to have a Master's of Architecture to even take the 5 day test to be licsensed. I guess we'll see. Oh yeah, Nate, a really close friend of mine, Koby Andrews who played corner for us this year and will be in the FCA game at the beginning of June will be attending ACU. He'll be so happy I mentioned his name on here b/c lately all it's been is Dan and Andrew.

neck_06
04-27-2006, 07:36 AM
Texas A&M to pitch on the baseball team!

sirhc11
04-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Headed to UT-Austin to pursue a degree in the business field.... I'll prolly go the Finance route

neck_06
04-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Career Choice: Math Teacher/Coach