PDA

View Full Version : Whos the most over rated team in 3A?

Jay03
09-16-2003, 06:28 PM
i just wanna know who Yall think the most over rated team in 3A is?

Bandera YaYa
09-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Marlin.

crzyjournalist03
09-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Forney...and as a matter of fact, I think that every team we play should consider us to be push-overs and look ahead to their next opponent. Things would work out nicely then wink :D

Bandera YaYa
09-16-2003, 07:01 PM
(reverse brainwashing...good strategy!)

crzyjournalist03
09-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Think it'll work? I sure hope some Commerce people are reading...

Chief Woodman
09-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Though they are my team, it may be the Decatur Eagles. They have yet to play a full game up to their potential. 2.5 quarters seems to be the longest they can concentrate. Also, the injury bug has just bitten at practice this week. 3 very important players were injured, length of time out yet to be determined. Could hurt playoff chances.

rudy5307
09-17-2003, 01:05 AM
My dad told me about Neal Llewellyn but who are the other injuries and what are they Chief? Oh yeah tell Tammy I want leftovers either Friday night or Saturday. See you at the game Friday night, but I may be a little late due to a 4:30 team meeting and depending how we do Thursday night it may be a short or long meeting. Go Aggies.

Commerce Fan
09-17-2003, 07:23 AM
If you look down the list of the top 25 teams in 3a yesterday and today just take your pick. I have seen no team that stands out or are unbeatable this year. My guess is to just wait until the second round of the playoffs and see who it still around. I like the words once read ( RANKING DON'T MEAN JACK THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME ) ON any given day even the best go down just ask Everman. Burnet will be next then whos left?? Certainly no any team from the West????? Maybe SEALY???????????

Fletch
09-17-2003, 08:22 AM
This time of year the rankings are just a guess predicated on previous history and returning starters. Just look at the college Top 25 the last 2 weeks and the number of unranked teams beating up on highly rated ones. Texas/Arkansas is a good example.

Nobody will know much until a couple of weeks before the playoffs, besides, it's not productive to knock a team for being overrated. They didn't have anything to do with it! Better yet, discuss who's underrated. My opinion.

cunbed10
09-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Bandera YaYa:
Marlin.Bandera YaYa, you had a state championship last year, so I can't really smack talk eek! with Bandera, but if you get a chance to see Marlin Play this year, you would probably thank Bellville for beating us last year, allowing you to win the state game.

dog92
09-17-2003, 09:47 AM
I agree with that. Marlin had a bad night against Bellville last season. They would have walked over Bandera (too much speed)! As for the rankings, I have seen one on film and they are no where near overrated......BURNET.

Wtx_coach
09-17-2003, 10:37 AM
Commerce Fan:
If you look down the list of the top 25 teams in 3a yesterday and today just take your pick. I have seen no team that stands out or are unbeatable this year. My guess is to just wait until the second round of the playoffs and see who it still around. I like the words once read ( RANKING DON'T MEAN JACK THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME ) ON any given day even the best go down just ask Everman. Burnet will be next then whos left?? Certainly no any team from the West????? Maybe SEALY???????????NO team from the WEST, i guess you forgot that a team from the west played for the title last year which they should have won, west always gets downplayed but gets the job done year in and year out!

Chief Woodman
09-17-2003, 01:05 PM
Wb_tx- Should have won? If they didn't win, they should not have won.

IF "should have" counts- (Which I do not think it does) ......then Greenwood should not have been in the championship game...Sweetwater should have beat them, but fumbled instead. Sweetwater should not have been at that game because Decatur lost by three points due in part to a call that resulted in three points for Sweetwater that the refs admitted they made the wrong call (That call got me to looking at the rulebook, and yes they did blow the call- you cannot hit a player who is recieving a kickoff if it interferes with his right to catch the ball. After the ball hits the ground he would be fair game, not before)

I can agree that Greenwood COULD have, but not SHOULD have. By the way, Decatur is in Region I also, which is the northWEST region. They are not in Region II, the northEAST region.

Commerce Fan
09-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Should have, Could have, Would have, Wait a minute are we playing tiddley winks or football. Look back over the state champs for many years and count them from the west??????? If they drew the line a little futher east then the west may have a shot???? HA HA Just kidding fella's or am I ?? Hey on any given day the best team will always win. ALWAYS

Rocksolid
09-17-2003, 01:20 PM
I think the most overated team WAS Carthrage they were a top ten team that got beat by (Dibol) a team that was by no mean suppose to beat them, so you do the math.

Good Win, Dibol

Gobbla2001
09-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Upon further review, I have found out that there are three teams in the ranks that shouldn't even BE ranked in 3A... Burnet, Everman and Rice Consolidated...

Burnet and RC are not top 10 3A teams, they're top 10 4A teams, maybe top 25 5A's...

Everman shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 of 3A... They should be ranked #1 in Oklahoma... I believe they could kill Ike (meaning beating them worse than they beat Everman) if it were officiated by 'Texas' rules and officials...

There's my opinion..

big69
09-17-2003, 01:27 PM
I totally agree Rocksolid, Carthage was pretty overrated and for Diboll to come in and shut them out like that was no fluke, just proven them wrong and showing that opinions don't matter! Good luck to all teams this week!

<small>[ September 17, 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: big69 ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
09-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Allowing us????? Oh yes, pleeeeeeese let me thank Bellville...that is the only way we would have won the State Championship....NOT! I'm not playing the "would of, should of, could of" game anymore. I don't think you are a psychic that knows for sure what would have happened, if so, you should find you a website and start competing with Miss Cleo!! But I wouldn't leave your day job just yet! You'd be better off trying to win your first game this year! eek!

<small>[ September 17, 2003, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

jason
09-17-2003, 07:33 PM
GAINESVILLE LEOPARDS