PDA

View Full Version : Newton vs. Sealy

papasmurf
11-18-2001, 06:08 PM
I bet Newton fans have been waiting on this game for years. I Know our team is ready for this friday night I think that we'll win

32-0

Newton Thug
11-18-2001, 06:35 PM
Jacob you sound like a lil kid put somthing on here to make ppl get krunk

[This message has been edited by Newton Thug (edited November 18, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Newton Thug (edited November 18, 2001).]

Sawyer21
11-18-2001, 09:13 PM
Is that the correct spelling on "krunk"? I've seen it spelled with a "c"? Around our parts we just say GATA!!!

Newton Thug
11-18-2001, 09:49 PM
hey old dude krunk is tha new word GATa is just old schoous eagle boys get it krunk when it comes got game time babe

papasmurf
11-18-2001, 10:46 PM
Hey newton thug dont hate........by the way since u know my wont u tell me what urs is
? huh

netgif
11-19-2001, 12:18 AM
Newton's defence does GATA, an we r not going to stop or let up any this friday aginst sealy

lets GATA boys

Sawyer21
11-19-2001, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the spelling lesson, us old timers have a hard time with this new lingo! I'm still stuck in the "groovy" days. But please, could you really tell how you feel about the game this Friday!

Newton Thug
11-19-2001, 01:56 PM
alrite i tell you wat i think about fridays game its not going to be easy but the way our deffence
(i aint worried about spelling errors)has been play i think well will have the upper hand and when our o get klickin the numbers will start ticken

duckbutter
11-19-2001, 02:19 PM
I hope everyone understands that Newton ISD does a better job of educating our kids than what has been shown here.

Polysemous
11-19-2001, 02:19 PM
Curse of the Black Eagle. Don't forget. Things seem to be in Sealy's favor.

footballfan
11-19-2001, 02:24 PM
Heeee's Baaaaack!!!

bros543
11-20-2001, 08:53 PM
i would never count sealy out, they seem to find a way most of the time. good luck to my clawed friends from across the prairie.

Tiger Turtle
11-24-2001, 02:08 AM
All of you who were predicting shutouts and massacres, 29 - 25 is a darn good game. Sealy had over 300 yards rushing and scored four touchdowns, including two unanswered TD's to take the lead 25 - 23 with just over seven minutes in the game.
To all the Newton players, coaches, and fans: That is a darn good team you got there and best of luck in the coming weeks.

Backwoods
11-24-2001, 09:05 AM
Thanks Turtle:
It's a shame one team ended its season there. If you have a Iron Man Award, give it to #4 the quarterback. That's one tough young man. How he kept getting up and going is beyond me. I take my hat off to him and Sealy.

TheNewtonBoy
11-25-2001, 11:12 AM
Newton's defense was on the field the whole game it seemed like. Newtons offense wouldn't have fumbled three times they had the ball in the second half, im saying it could have been 42 to 6. Miscues like that haven't happened all season.

Sawyer21
11-25-2001, 02:56 PM
Fumbles are a part of the game, it hurt Sealy early, and Newton late. It all evens out. Accept the fact that you guys came loaded with the best team you've had since '98 and couldn't blow the Tigers away. Sealy put 365 yards on your "mighty" defense, but the only stat that really counts in the one on the scoreboard!! It was a good high school football game, your team won. Good luck this week against China Spring, but you better watch out for either Rice Cons. or Giddings in the next round. Rice's defense is much better than anything you've seen!!!

Tiger Turtle
11-26-2001, 09:42 AM
Ask Coach Barbay if the quality of the opposition might have had something to do with the fact that Newton didn't dominate Sealy like they have been doing other teams. At the staff meeting to arrange the game, Barbay supposedly said that Sealy's offense "concerned" him. I bet he was even more concerned about midway of the 4th quarter. It was a great game, that came down to the kicking game (safety on a botched punt and two extra points) like I predicted in my post of last week. Good luck to Coach Barbay and the Newton program through the rest of the playoffs.

duckbutter
11-26-2001, 02:42 PM
Barbay wasn't the only one concerned in the 4th. Sealy had an outstanding running game and a very good qb. If Sealy would have had a defense as good as their offense they would have been playing China Springs this week instead of Newton. But we will take a win no matter how ugly.

fullhouse
11-27-2001, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle:
Ask Coach Barbay if the quality of the opposition might have had something to do with the fact that Newton didn't dominate Sealy like they have been doing other teams. At the staff meeting to arrange the game, Barbay supposedly said that Sealy's offense "concerned" him. I bet he was even more concerned about midway of the 4th quarter. It was a great game, that came down to the kicking game (safety on a botched punt and two extra points) like I predicted in my post of last week. Good luck to Coach Barbay and the Newton program through the rest of the playoffs.

wow, i guess i need to watch that tape again... i didn't realize those were the only errors Sealy made that cost points on the board...

gdornon11
11-27-2001, 09:58 PM
sawyer21,
i have also heard of GATA and it is still used. krunk is some other kink of "lingo" i wouldnt be to familiar with.

Tiger Turtle
11-27-2001, 10:52 PM
No one said those were the ONLY errors that cost Sealy the game, you knucklehead. Those are the obvious differences from the kicking game. The only difference between the Sealy-Newton game and the Sealy-Madisonville game is that this week Newton made the one play that won the game and last week Sealy made it. Newton was one play (that 60-yard pass in the 4th quarter) from playing basketball this week. I hope for Coach Barbay and the team's sake they are more focused this week. If we have to lose, I want it to be to the state champions, so GO Eagles!

fullhouse
11-28-2001, 02:23 PM
just protecting my cubs, Turtle.....

joe gooch
11-28-2001, 08:22 PM
Your wish will be granted, Tiger Turtle. Thanks for the support.

Tiger Turtle
11-30-2001, 03:51 PM
I'm not criticizing anyone - just pointing out that both Sealy and Newton scored four TD's and each went for two once and failed. Of the other three conversions, Newton picked up 3 points, Sealy 1 (difference = 2) point. Sealy also had an unforced error (tennis term) on a punt that resulted in a safety for Newton (2 points), for a total of 4 points, which just happens to be the exact net difference in the final score. In a big game betweentwo evenly matched teams, special teams often provide the play that makes the difference in the game. This year's Tigers were consistently weak when it came to execution of the kicking game. Through our six game winning streak after Bellville, we suffered no blocked punts and no returns for TD's. Every game we lost this year featured kicking game breakdowns. Bellville - bad snaps, blocked punts, TD return on punt. Sweeny - blocked punt giving Sweeny the ball on our 18 yard line late in 4th quarter in tie game. Newton - dropped and/or bad punt snap (I didn't see the film) for a safety. Kickoff coverage was inconsistent all year. These are not digs against anybody, just facts from a fan who has missed one game (H-F at Pasadena) since 1992. This year's staff did an excellent job getting a thin team (no depth) to a 9 - 3 season, beating several heavy favorites under some adverse conditions. I bleed black and gold, but it doesn't make me blind. Personally, I am not disappointed at all.