PDA

View Full Version : Come On Houston Texans Fans!

PhiI C
04-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Whatever happens we must support our Texas Team. (I know - I am a Dallas Cowboy fan first but Houston is in Texas and gets second support). I hope they draft Vince Young but if they draft Reggie Bush let's welcome him to Texas and support him because he will be a good one too. If they trade the pick let's support the players the management gets. SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!
:mad:

Cameron Crazy
04-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Reggie also said he likes being in texas cause wont have to pay taxes!!!!! Imagine that

PhiI C
04-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Reggie also said he likes being in texas cause wont have to pay taxes!!!!! Imagine that

Hmmmmmmmm! I'm beginning to like him already! :)

Cameron Crazy
04-23-2006, 09:03 PM
LOL

District303aPastPlayer
04-23-2006, 11:15 PM
first a free house... then no taxes... man, kid has it made...

big daddy russ
04-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
first a free house... then no taxes... man, kid has it made...
...Until he takes his first snap behind that line.

NHSRattler60
04-24-2006, 12:35 AM
Don't draft vince young. If Houston Drafts VY, they'll be wasting money and talent because of the BIG renewal with David Carr.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Don't draft vince young. If Houston Drafts VY, they'll be wasting money and talent because of the BIG renewal with David Carr.

but carr would have a great reciever if VY goes to houston :D

NHSRattler60
04-24-2006, 12:43 AM
that's if VY can catch.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 12:47 AM
that's if VY can catch.

well, i know he can run...

big daddy russ
04-24-2006, 12:50 AM
For that matter, don't draft Reggie Bush. Sorry guys, I don't this is anything more than a lateral move. You want a homerun threat? Throw it to Andre Johnson. You want to build a winner and not a circus? Draft D'Brickashaw.

All this Reggie Bush/Vince Young talk is just silly. Neither of them is going to do anything without a decent OL, and I still think that Kubiak should go after a couple more OT's... even if he does say he can work that Denver magic with the group he has right now.

NHSRattler60
04-24-2006, 12:56 AM
touche 303a. haha.

NHSRattler60
04-24-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
For that matter, don't draft Reggie Bush. Sorry guys, I don't this is anything more than a lateral move. You want a homerun threat? Throw it to Andre Johnson. You want to build a winner and not a circus? Draft D'Brickashaw.

All this Reggie Bush/Vince Young talk is just silly. Neither of them is going to do anything without a decent OL, and I still think that Kubiak should go after a couple more OT's... even if he does say he can work that Denver magic with the group he has right now.

THANK YOU!! :clap:

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 12:57 AM
THANK YOU!! :clap:

word.
Trade a pick, get an OT :)

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 01:02 AM
russ.. is there a possible way to get D'Brick and WinJus with a trade to get a 2nd pick in round 1...

sahen
04-24-2006, 01:14 AM

actually Kubiak needs several good runningbacks in his offense so having Davis and Bush will be great....Offensive linemen normally go later in the draft so we can get them w/ our other picks, there should be plenty left.....plus we can always trade after the draft and then we will know exactly what we r getting vs. an unproven o-lineman in the draft.....

most importantly though Bush may seem lateral but if you have him on the field w/ Johnson you have 2 threats so its harder to double cover Johnson w/ Bush out there lined up at receiver, or you can stick him and Davis in the backfield at the same time so there is 2 threats there.....Also in special teams Bush can lineup with Mathis (i cant remember the exact name but i think that is the return guy for the Texans) and make it where one threatening return man has to get the ball instead of kicking it away from him....Bush is hardly a lateral move in my opinoin, however VY would be, plus it would be a bad idea since we r paying Carr so much.....

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by sahen
actually Kubiak needs several good runningbacks in his offense so having Davis and Bush will be great....Offensive linemen normally go later in the draft so we can get them w/ our other picks, there should be plenty left.....plus we can always trade after the draft and then we will know exactly what we r getting vs. an unproven o-lineman in the draft.....

most importantly though Bush may seem lateral but if you have him on the field w/ Johnson you have 2 threats so its harder to double cover Johnson w/ Bush, or you can stick him and Davis in the backfield at the same time so there is 2 threats there.....Also in special teams Bush can lineup with Mathis (i cant remember the exact name but i think that is the return guy for the Texans) and make it where one threatening return man has to get the ball instead of kicking it away from him....Bush is hardly a lateral move in my opinoin, however VY would be, plus it would be a bad idea since we r paying Carr so much.....

Jerome Mathis is the return man in question. I see what you are saying when it comes to lineman. But would you rather have a Johnathon Ogden type player come in and have an immediate impact, or a late rounder who will bloom 3 years from now. Mario and D'Brick are not totally proven, but will be able to learn quickly.. where is winston justice projected to go, and where is Houston's 2nd round pick..

big daddy russ
04-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Justice could fall, but it's doubtful. It looks like he's moved up to the second-ranked OT on just about everyone's draft board since the season ended. But it's all good because this draft is loaded with OL and if the Texans did get D'Brick, they'd be looking for a RT. It's easier to find stud RT's than LT's. Jonathan Scott would be a better fit on the right side than the left, in my opinion. With their size and athleticism, Marcus McNeill and Eric Winston could also translate to the right side. Other possible studs include Ryan O'Callaghan of Cal (could be had in the third round... I think he'll be a pro-bowler eventually) and Andrew Whitworth of LSU.

IMO, they should pick up D'Brick first... even if they can't trade down... then go after either a safety (Darnell Bing, Ko Simpson) or a DE (Mathias Kiwanuka, Tamba Hali) in the second round. There should still be some great options on the line in the third, and because they have both of the top picks in the round they could go after an OL and still draft another need.

Personally, I think they have their biggest needs at (in order) OT (NOT guard or center), DE, DB, TE, ILB.

big daddy russ
04-24-2006, 01:26 AM
.... where is winston justice projected to go, and where is Houston's 2nd round pick..
Justice is starting to look like he could go anywhere from the Bills at number eight to the 49ers at number 22. This is based on nothing more than looking at draft boards, but realistically I think he's somewhere in the 10-15 range.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 01:29 AM
Justice could fall, but it's doubtful. It looks like he's moved up to the second-ranked OT on just about everyone's draft board since the season ended. But it's all good because this draft is loaded with OL and if the Texans did get D'Brick, they'd be looking for a RT. It's easier to find stud RT's than LT's. Jonathan Scott would be a better fit on the right side than the left, in my opinion. With their size and athleticism, Marcus McNeill and Eric Winston could also translate to the right side. Other possible studs include Ryan O'Callaghan of Cal (could be had in the third round... I think he'll be a pro-bowler eventually) and Andrew Whitworth of LSU.

IMO, they should pick up D'Brick first... even if they can't trade down... then go after either a safety (Darnell Bing, Ko Simpson) or a DE (Mathias Kiwanuka, Tamba Hali) in the second round. There should still be some great options on the line in the third, and because they have both of the top picks in the round they could go after an OL and still draft another need.

Personally, I think they have their biggest needs at (in order) OT (NOT guard or center), DE, DB, TE, ILB.

Kiwanuka was projected a first rounder by alot of experts, even Kiper, then he encountered D'Brick Wall and yeah.. his stock fell harder than love birds in jr high

big daddy russ
04-24-2006, 01:34 AM
He only uses several when he doesn't have one great one. He didn't get a great deal of use out of Mike Anderson when Clinton Portis was there. Terrell Davis carried the load by himself. The last couple of years you've seen all kinds of guys being switched out depending on the situation, whether it was Anderson, Tatum Bell, Ruben Droughns, or Olandis Gary.

Domanick Davis has the potential to be the next Terrell Davis. Therefore, IMHO, we don't have a need for a Reggie Bush.

sahen
04-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Jerome Mathis is the return man in question. I see what you are saying when it comes to lineman. But would you rather have a Johnathon Ogden type player come in and have an immediate impact, or a late rounder who will bloom 3 years from now. Mario and D'Brick are not totally proven, but will be able to learn quickly.. where is winston justice projected to go, and where is Houston's 2nd round pick..
i think we get the 1st pick in the 2nd round? i could be wrong, but that was my impression and i think they said that on ESPN the other day...u know i would rather have someon that comes in immediately and makes an impact....i just like Bush honestly, i htink he has a chance to be a great player and i'd love to see him do it in a Texans uniform...i feel like we can trade for offensive linemen or pick them up later, but i could be wrong.....only time can tell which would be the better idea....

Phil C
04-24-2006, 08:15 AM
But in all this draft Vince and we will be in the Super Bowl at least three times over the next 12 years.

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
But in all this draft Vince and we will be in the Super Bowl at least three times over the next 12 years.

same was said of Mike Vick... and how many has he been to?

Phil C
04-24-2006, 10:35 AM
same was said of Mike Vick... and how many has he been to?

Mike ain't Vince! Whoever drafts Vince will go to the Super Bowl three times over the next 12 years and will win at least one of them!

District303aPastPlayer
04-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Mike ain't Vince! Whoever drafts Vince will go to the Super Bowl three times over the next 12 years and will win at least one of them!

i understand what you mean, but it all depends on where he goes...

JasperDog94
04-24-2006, 11:19 AM
All this talk about trading that pick is crazy. Nobody has even made any offers yet. (according to the GM) Draft Vince or Reggie and you're planning for the future. Trade that pick for linemen and you're playing for the next season or two. I just feel that drafting Vince or Reggie is the smart thing. Then improve your team through free agency and later picks.

How about the Texans actually make a decent pick in the 3rd round for once?:doh:

big daddy russ
04-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Jasper, I think they have great talent at the offensive skill positions. I still think Davis has the potential to be a 1,500-yard back and Johnson's already proved he can be a 1,100-yard receiver. We still don't know what we're going to get from Carr because he's been on his back 118% more times than any other QB in the league the past four years. Fifty-two times per year.

I'm not a GM, but I've always been a believer that you build from the inside out, except the QB. Between Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds, David Carr and Domanick Davis, they've got the outside set, but they've never had anything on the inside. Why gear for the future when if you just give them a line they become one of the best offenses in the league?

Bulldog_12
04-24-2006, 12:03 PM
The Texans need a TON of things. THat being said, I dont think you can pass up the talent that Bush brings to the table, when you have a player with the caliber of talent that bush has you have to take it.

And Phil, drop the orange tinted glasses. Peyton Manning is quite possibly one of the greatest QB's of all time and how many times has he seen the SB? Vince will probably be drafted high, which will send him to a crap team (saints, raiders, titans). two of which had quarterbacks that could run and we see how that has gone. Mcnair went to the SB once, but look at his career now.

Bulldog_12
04-24-2006, 12:04 PM
n/m

double post

sahen
04-24-2006, 03:37 PM
odds r if that happens it woudl be because Vince was a bust and was traded around for several years and got lucky being the 2nd team QB on some superbowl teams....

JasperDog94
04-24-2006, 04:09 PM
odds r if that happens it woudl be because Vince was a bust and was traded around for several years and got lucky being the 2nd team QB on some superbowl teams.... lol...sure...

Phil C
04-24-2006, 04:11 PM
odds r if that happens it woudl be because Vince was a bust and was traded around for several years and got lucky being the 2nd team QB on some superbowl teams....

It will be because he leads another great 4th quarter comeback!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

sahen
04-24-2006, 04:15 PM
let me restate what i said.....im not saying that Vince will be a bust I am saying that IF he happens to go to 3 superbowls in 3 years it will be because whatever crappy team drafts him (because he will go early in the first round) he doesnt work out there as a first string QB and they cant afford him to sit.....so they then trade him to other teams for him to be 2nd string and he gets lucky and goes to one that is good or a couple that is good....how many teams go to the superbowl 3 years in a 12 years time? he has to be really lucky to get on one of the few OR he will have to bounce around and be on several that do....

BTEXDAD
04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Neither Bush nor Young is the answer for the Texans. Bush is not worth what he will cost. He was great against terrible, slow defenses like Fresno, but below average against fast, good defenses (altho USC didn't play many). He is too small to go up the middle and couldn't make the end against Texas and sat out much of the 4th quarter -- have people forgotten that? Vince would sell more tickets...but why not trade down and get some outstanding defense and OL? You really think that Bush is that much better than Dominick Davis? Only time will tell, but I say no...