PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Moderators

turbostud
04-23-2006, 08:42 PM
I told a guy on another forum to "shut his piehole" and was threatened with account removal for doing so.
In your opinion was I out of line? Is telling someone that grounds for account removal?

CHS_CG
04-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Im not a mod but i have seen worse said on here lol

NateDawg39
04-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Im not a mod....I just thought all should know.

sinton66
04-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I told a guy on another forum to "shut his piehole" and was threatened with account removal for doing so.
In your opinion was I out of line? Is telling someone that grounds for account removal?

No, I see nothing wrong with that. It isn't dirty or lewd or anything that couldn't be said in front of church going women. Sounds like he took it way more personal than he should.

LH Panther Mom
04-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Ooooh, thanks for reminding me of that one. ;)

Cameron Crazy
04-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Thats hilarious......i would have said the same thing

PhiI C
04-23-2006, 09:04 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

:D

Cameron Crazy
04-23-2006, 09:04 PM
What site was this on if you dont mind me asking

pirate4state
04-23-2006, 10:58 PM

Oh, just shut your piehole :p :p :p :D :D :D

:kiss:

NHSRattler60
04-23-2006, 11:04 PM
That's like 'bite the fattest part of my owchie"

I forget who says it. But he's a pioneer and I think he should be rewarded with some sort of trophy.

Just a thought.

District303aPastPlayer
04-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
That's like 'bite the fattest part of my owchie"

I forget who says it. But he's a pioneer and I think he should be rewarded with some sort of trophy.

Just a thought.

i believe it was the warrior that said that...

olddawggreen
04-24-2006, 09:23 AM

Of course I'm not a Mod, but I would say no, not grounds for removal, UNLESS....... you said it to a Mod, who was already warning you about something else...... the second or third time:D

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Of course I'm not a Mod, but I would say no, not grounds for removal, UNLESS....... you said it to a Mod, who was already warning you about something else...... the second or third time:D
:doh: :doh: Yeah, there's that. :D

turbostud
04-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
No it wasnt to a Mod. It was on a non football forum moderated by a European who shows bias towards Amercians.

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 09:40 AM
No it wasnt to a Mod. It was on a non football forum moderated by a European who shows bias towards Amercians.

you sure it's not bias AGAINST Americans? Maybe your words were "lost in translation!" ;)

turbostud
04-24-2006, 09:41 AM
I told a guy to shut his piehole and the post was moderated because according to the MOD someone complained. Yet he allowed a European to call another poster a "Another US centric Jerk" but did not moderate the post because he said no one complained about it. This happened on different threads.

Adidas410s
04-24-2006, 09:53 AM
I told a guy to shut his piehole and the post was moderated because according to the MOD someone complained. Yet he allowed a European to call another poster a "Another US centric Jerk" but did not moderate the post because he said no one complained about it. This happened on different threads.

Personally I am not a big of somebody using the term piehole. It just comes across as trashy to me but that's my opinion. However, on a message board I really don't care what people say because for anybody to actually take something personally...well that's just pretty sad and they need to learn to have "thick skin." It's all about learning not to sweat the small stuff and not looking for something to get worked up over. Way too many people do it and this site is no exception. There are a lot of things that I could report as offensive...but instead I ask myself this, "How does this comment REALLY impact me?" If I don't like it...THEN I DON'T READ IT! It's a simple solution to the problem instead of whining to a mod to have something cleaned up because you don't like it when 98% of people on the site don't care about it.

CenTexSports
04-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Maybe a European piehole is at the other end of the body from an American piehole.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Out of curiosity, why would you visit a forum that is ran/moderated by someone who is "anti-American"?

olddawggreen
04-24-2006, 10:05 AM

Give me the name of the site, maybe I can join and become a chronic complianer of all comments anti-American:D

turbostud
04-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Its at Cyclingforums.com.
Here is a link to a good thread. It gets offensive.
Link (http://www.cyclingforums.com/t334386.html)

zeus63
04-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Maybe a European piehole is at the other end of the body from an American piehole.

I hope not. But, it cetainly would explain alot about Europeans.

slpybear the bullfan
04-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Nothing about it bothers me... We try to moderate as "little" as possible... and still balance with a board you can enjoy.

Interestingly, we moderators do welcome the report a post feature, because it is impossible to read every single post on a board. The interesting part is... most of the time the reported posts are valid. There don't seem to be very many reports that are about something the mods don't take action on. I think that says good things about our membership!

Keep up the good work,