PDA

View Full Version : 2006 NFL Draft

Bull's-eye
04-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Who will the Cowboys and Texans pick?

Will the Cowboys go with another OLB? They could go with a FS, OL, DT or WR.

Old Tiger
04-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Gabe Watson, the defensive tackle from Michigan, could be a nice selection at #18. He'd be a nice fit for a 3-4 and the guys potential is endless. He blew up the drills at the Senior Bowl but didn't quite unlock all his potential in college.

Derek Hagan of Arizona State would be a nice addition across the field. They could even wait till the second round and get a 6'4½" Maurice Stovall. These two would be a great addition across the field from Terrell Owens.

As for Free Safety you could possibly pick up Pat Watkins in the third round. Watkins is a 6'5" 215 pound free safety from Florida State. His feet are not as quick as they could be due to his 6'5" frame but he would be a nice third round selection.

Bull's-eye
04-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Looking at several mock drafts, the Cowboys could go after a number of players at several positions. Tennessee's FS Jason Allen, Ohio State WR Santonio Holmes & FS Donte Whitner, USC OT Winston Justice, FSU DE/OLB Kamerion Wimbley and NC State OLB Manny Lawson are all mentioned as possible picks.

FS may not be a concern after Dallas just signed FA Marcus Coleman and matched a huge contract offer to keep Keith Davis. Last year rookie Justin Berialt looked impressive, before an injury ended his season. A WR would be great insurance if T.O. ends up in Parcell's dog house. Justice would help their OL, but I don't think he will fall to the 18th pick. Knowing Parcells, I'm guessing he will go after another impact player on defense. Dallas is not happy with OLB Kevin Burnett and OLB Al Singleton is not suited for the 3-4 defense. Lawson 6'5" 241 lbs and runs a 4.43 would be a great compliment to OLB Demarcus Ware. He has a good frame and could add some bulk to take on the offensive lineman. Wimbley 6'4" 248 4.61 could also fill the OLB position.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey Bull's Eye why dont you ask Exman, He seems to know it all.

Bull's-eye
04-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Hey Bull's Eye why dont you ask Exman, He seems to know it all.

What he said !!!

RMAC
04-23-2006, 04:15 PM
If the Cowboys fill their biggest "need" first...they would hope that Winston Justice drops down to 13 or 14 and they move up a few spots to take him. If not, then watch for an OLB such as Ohio State's Bobby Carpenter. Some may think this is a "little high" for Carpenter but he would be a great compliment to Ware because he is used to playing as down in pass rushing situation at Ohio State.

If they take Carpenter first they could look at Eric Winston of Miami and Midland Lee in the 2nd Round...and maybe move up a few spots to get him.

I doubt they go FS in the 1st Day seeing as how they kept Davis and picked up Coleman. Keith Davis wasn't one of the big reasons that they finished 9-7 last year. The 3 big areas that you would point to would be rushing offense, offensive line, and the pressure from the Front 7 from anybody NOT named DeMarcus Ware.

Old Tiger
04-23-2006, 05:30 PM
These are players that the Cowboys are eyeing

Manny Lawson - DE/OLB North Carolina State

Kamerion Wimbley - DE/OLB Florida State

KO Simpson - FS South Carolina

Andrew Whitworth - OT LSU

Gabe Watson - DT Michigan

If players such as Justice, or maybe even Winston or Scott, are available in the first two rounds, the Cowboys just might jump at the opportunity. But because of what they did in the off-season and Adams' expected return, they won't feel the need to leap. Got that from the www.dallascowboys.com

big daddy russ
04-23-2006, 05:51 PM
The Texans gave offer sheets to both Mario Williams and Reggie Bush a couple of days ago. It's a smart move... if you're not sure which one you want to take see which one would be the cheapest.

On that note, if they pick Bush I'd be disappointed. They have no need for a RB, but desperately need some DE's, DB's, and an OL. Anyone but Williams or D'Brickashaw Ferguson would be a waste of a pick and a lateral move, IMO.

Old Tiger
04-23-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm thinking Gabe Watson DT at the 18th pick unless Winston Justice slips down to 18. They have a need at DT and Watson's potential is endless.

Bull's-eye
04-26-2006, 11:35 AM
NFL.com reports that two players have apparently failed a drug test and will not be top choices next week. Unfortunately, one of those players is a clear-cut first-round talent.
:thinking:

Cameron Crazy
04-26-2006, 11:44 AM
I agree with RMAC

Bearkat
04-26-2006, 12:09 PM
I think the COWBOYS will trade down from pick 18. This has become a common accurance with the COWBOYS and the draft. Pick 18 is a middle-of-the-pack pick. They will try to get another #2 and a #4.

BTEXDAD
04-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The Texans gave offer sheets to both Mario Williams and Reggie Bush a couple of days ago. It's a smart move... if you're not sure which one you want to take see which one would be the cheapest.

On that note, if they pick Bush I'd be disappointed. They have no need for a RB, but desperately need some DE's, DB's, and an OL. Anyone but Williams or D'Brickashaw Ferguson would be a waste of a pick and a lateral move, IMO.

Those in the know still say it's going to be Bush, but from what i've heard he's wanting to break the bank with biggest contract ever for number 1 overall pick.
Apparently Texans trying to get some leverage against Bush and his agent by courting Williams.

LH Panther Mom
04-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Am I the only person that will be glad when the draft is finished? :doh:

BTEXDAD
04-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Am I the only person that will be glad when the draft is finished? :doh:

It's a guy thing, mom

WOSgrad
04-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
NFL.com reports that two players have apparently failed a drug test and will not be top choices next week. Unfortunately, one of those players is a clear-cut first-round talent.
:thinking:

Can you post the link to that story? I just looked on the site but couldn't find that story.

WOSgrad
04-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Okay, I found it. Here is the link:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9392296

Bull's-eye
04-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
I think the COWBOYS will trade down from pick 18. This has become a common accurance with the COWBOYS and the draft. Pick 18 is a middle-of-the-pack pick. They will try to get another #2 and a #4.

I'm thinking just the opposite, Dallas is making a huge push to get back to the Super Bowl this year. Dallas has already improved their offense with T.O. and Vanderjet and are now looking for an impact player on defense. Olb Manny Lawson NCST 6'5" 241 lbs 4.43 is my choice. Lawson is an absolute freak of an athlete. He has excellent agility, closing speed, and jumping ability. Pound for pound, he may also be the strongest player in the draft. There is not a single physical trait he lacks. He’s also a track standout having competed in the long jump and hurdles.

Bull's-eye
04-26-2006, 01:00 PM
As for rumors floating around right now: Oakland is moving up to take Vince Young at the No. 2 spot; Tennessee is internally split about Matt Leinart and Young. :thinking:

Bull's-eye
04-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Lot of reports have Vince Young going to Tennessee. If the Texans don't draft Bush, look for the Jets trading up to the #2 spot and getting Reggie.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat

I can definitely see this happening. The 'Boys would love to get some OL help, and Eric Winston from Miami (formerly Midland Lee) is projected late 1st/early 2nd. Trading down could help them nab hiim at a reasonable price.