PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Columbus baseball

XMan
04-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Myself along with other Bellville folks, including Clayton im sure, would like to shout out a big congratulations to Columbus for its 2nd consecutive baseball title. That is 24 consecutive district wins for the Cardinals. Between '87 and '97 the Cards didnt make it out of district once. Since that time Columbus has made it every year except '03, although they did sweep Bellville that year. Also, congrats to the Brahmas. The Brahmas made it for the 20th time in the past 22 seasons. Brahmas missed out in '89 and '98 but other than that have been magnificent. The Brahmas made serious runs in '85, '88, '91, '92, '93, and '95. State Championship in 93, state appearances in 88, 92, and 93 and regional championship losses in '85, '91 and '95. The losses in 85 and 95 were to the eventual state champs, Sweeny and Crockett, respectively. Since 95 the pickins have been slim but maybe this will be the year the Brahmas can get something going in the playoffs. Again, big win for the Cards to beat Bellville 4 in a row and 6 of 8. It just drives Bellville folks absolutely nuts to lose to Columbus. Bellville folks think that they are far superior to Columbus people socially and economically but still cant get their number on the diamond. From all of Bellville, good luck Cardinals and great job in the district race.

X and all Bellville fans

sports=life
04-23-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Myself along with other Bellville folks, including Clayton im sure, would like to shout out a big congratulations to Columbus for its 2nd consecutive baseball title. That is 24 consecutive district wins for the Cardinals. Between '87 and '97 the Cards didnt make it out of district once. Since that time Columbus has made it every year except '03, although they did sweep Bellville that year. Also, congrats to the Brahmas. The Brahmas made it for the 20th time in the past 22 seasons. Brahmas missed out in '89 and '98 but other than that have been magnificent. The Brahmas made serious runs in '85, '88, '91, '92, '93, and '95. State Championship in 93, state appearances in 88, 92, and 93 and regional championship losses in '85, '91 and '95. The losses in 85 and 95 were to the eventual state champs, Sweeny and Crockett, respectively. Since 95 the pickins have been slim but maybe this will be the year the Brahmas can get something going in the playoffs. Again, big win for the Cards to beat Bellville 4 in a row and 6 of 8. It just drives Bellville folks absolutely nuts to lose to Columbus. Bellville folks think that they are far superior to Columbus people socially and economically but still cant get their number on the diamond. From all of Bellville, good luck Cardinals and great job in the district race.

X and all Bellville fans

"X and all Bellville fans" are u kidding me. You are not a Bellville fan and have no right to say you are. I wouldnt be suprised if you were from Columbus.

MARLINDOGS
04-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by sports=life
"X and all Bellville fans" are u kidding me. You are not a Bellville fan and have no right to say you are. I wouldnt be suprised if you were from Columbus. :eek: :eek:

Chooper
04-23-2006, 09:33 AM
The State Champs in 95 were the Hallettsville Brahmas. So you might need to check up on your compiled information, most respectively.

clayton7
04-23-2006, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by XMan
[B]Myself along with other Bellville folks, including Clayton im sure, would like to shout out a big congratulations to Columbus for its 2nd consecutive baseball title.

You have no right to speak for a town from which you don't belong to.

espn1
04-23-2006, 10:06 AM
LMAO

Bull's-eye
04-23-2006, 10:29 AM
It just drives Bellville folks absolutely nuts to lose to Columbus. Bellville folks think that they are far superior to Columbus people socially and economically but still cant get their number on the diamond.
X and all Bellville fans

XMan, you had a really good post until you wrote this stuff. Columbus is a great town with really good people. They even play Czech music during their football pre-game warm-ups.

Chooper, XMan had a period after '95 and posted that Bellville were the '93 champions.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Myself along with other Bellville folks, including Clayton im sure, Again, big win for the Cards to beat Bellville 4 in a row and 6 of 8. It just drives Bellville folks absolutely nuts to lose to Columbus. Bellville folks think that they are far superior to Columbus people socially and economically but still cant get their number on the diamond. From all of Bellville

X and all Bellville fans

Keep other people out of your post, if they what to say somthing they will, You see there has not been one person on this post who agrees with your post!
I think you are right this guy is from columbus and I would not be surprised if Exman, was a EX coach from Bellville.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-24-2006, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bull's-eye
[B]XMan, you had a really good post until you wrote this stuff. Columbus is a great town with really good people. They even play Czech music during their football pre-game warm-ups.

Big Joe says" Happy Music for Happy People" :D

Bull19
04-24-2006, 01:08 PM
you need to get your facts together ex ,,,,,, we are very happy for the cards ,,,but if i was to make a bet in a couple years the brahmas will once again completely dominate the cards just like they did in 04' i have no doubt about that,,,the bulls must be doing something right down there if you only miss the playoffs once in the 90's and none in the 00's

clayton7
04-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Well said Bull.:clap:

KL3
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Man, if we only could have made the playoffs my sophomore year in 98 Bellville could have a pretty long streak going. We did have the best hitter in Bellville history, Ron Zboril, who signed with Baylor, but we also started 4/5 sophomores.

We finished 4th that year 1 game out of the playoffs, but at least we won the next 2 district championships.

XMan, Columbus has had the advantage recently in the past few years, but would you be so kind to dig up the all-time series, or the past 10 years maybe. Those numbers would be slightly one-sided.

whtfbplaya
04-24-2006, 07:48 PM
:clap:

Bull19
04-25-2006, 12:57 PM
well put kl3