PDA

View Full Version : UT Refs!

Phil C
04-22-2006, 07:52 PM
This has been stirring up a lot of coments from Sooner fans. I am sure Chief would have even more insight to it. :)

http://media.putfile.com/Happy-Ref

JasperDog94
04-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Sooner fans need to be more concerned with making sure their star running back makes it to all of his classes.:)

Cameron Crazy
04-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Chief isnt here anymore

Gp83
04-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Refs are Texas fans too. I ump games of teams I'm fans of, but I'm not going to embarrass myself by makeing a bad call on purpose.

Phil C
04-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Gp83
Refs are Texas fans too. I ump games of teams I'm fans of, but I'm not going to embarrass myself by makeing a bad call on purpose.

I agree Gp83. Even if you are a fan of one of the teams I don't think any official would let that make a difference in their objectivity.

piratebg
04-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Can you blame him? It was a nice throw and catch for a TD. :D

AggieJohn
04-23-2006, 08:51 AM
i've refed games where the coach on one side was a church deacon i've confided in and on the other a coach that i knew away from baseball and was good friends with cause we had classes together

piratebg
04-23-2006, 09:19 AM
I umpired a senior leauge baseball game one time. I went to the game to see my girlfriend, whose brother played for Sinton, because her mother did not like me at the time. She was supposed to go with a friend, but her mother decided to go at the last minute, so that put a damper on things. Anywyas, they were playing in Odem against my cousin, whose game I used as the excuse to get out of the house. When no umpire showed up, my uncle, the Odem coach, volunteered me in because I knew half of the Sinton/Odem team. I made some pretty funny calls just for the heck of it and Sinton won the game.

espn1
04-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Can you blame him? God's a Longhorn also.

hutex04
04-23-2006, 10:21 AM
The refs for the Hutto vs Tatum game were obviously Tatum fans. Even the guys on the radio were saying how bad the offication was. But Tatum won. Congrats to them :(

District303aPastPlayer
04-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I umpired a senior leauge baseball game one time. I went to the game to see my girlfriend, whose brother played for Sinton, because her mother did not like me at the time. She was supposed to go with a friend, but her mother decided to go at the last minute, so that put a damper on things. Anywyas, they were playing in Odem against my cousin, whose game I used as the excuse to get out of the house. When no umpire showed up, my uncle, the Odem coach, volunteered me in because I knew half of the Sinton/Odem team. I made some pretty funny calls just for the heck of it and Sinton won the game.

hahah