PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Team Preview

Matthew328
04-22-2006, 05:59 PM
I made this one a freebie.....I am sure you guys are very interested in this one!

http://www.texasprepxtra.com

Aesculus gilmus
04-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Very good summary.

Would you care to guess who might be the other top teams in Division I yet? I think Cuero may go Division II, from what one of their posters said.

Matthew328
04-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Its crazy how loaded Gilmer looks..........talent talent and more talent..

MARLINDOGS
04-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Great Article.Looks like Gilmer is loadeddddd with talent.Off with mainly juniors and Def with seniors.And they will have alot returning in 2007.Jeff Traylor is also doing a great job.Good Luck to Gilmer except when they play Daingerfield.

Matthew328
04-22-2006, 10:50 PM
as far the Div 1 or 2 thing..I haven't had a chance to really breal things down but in Reg 2 I'd say the only team that comes directly to mind is Liberty-Eylau....in Reg 1 I think it'll likely come down to Abilene Wylie or Kennedale...

44INAROW
04-22-2006, 10:54 PM
As far as Cuero going Div 1 or 2 - it all depends if Gonzales makes the playoffs - If Gonzales makes the playoffs, they will be the Divison 1 representative due to enrollment.....
Gilmer certainly looks impressive on paper.

Good Luck to all the teams :) (my son's Senior year.... will be emotional for me I am sure ;) )

gtownpoke
04-22-2006, 11:10 PM
good article.. however its todd barr not bass lol

Matthew328
04-22-2006, 11:14 PM
yeah I gotta edit that....Coach Traylor's handwritting isn't the world's greatest...LOL

gtownpoke
04-23-2006, 12:03 AM
lol no comment

Buckeye80
04-23-2006, 12:54 AM
As they have yet to play a game, I don't think this team should even be a passing thought compared to the 83 D'Field squad (arguably the best ever Texas High School football team).

MARLINDOGS
04-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
As they have yet to play a game, I don't think this team should even be a passing thought compared to the 83 D'Field squad (arguably the best ever Texas High School football team). You never know.

Buckeye80
04-23-2006, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
You never know.

Very true, but teams like Daingerfield '83 are once in a lifetime. That was probably the best high school team ever fielded by the state of Texas IMHO. Beating that team would've taken a miracle. (at the high school level you over-anxious Horn fans!!)

MARLINDOGS
04-23-2006, 02:35 AM
Very true, but teams like Daingerfield '83 are once in a lifetime. That was probably the best high school team ever fielded by the state of Texas IMHO. Beating that team would've taken a miracle. (at the high school level you over-anxious Horn fans!!) Your signature is exactly right.

Buckeye80
04-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Don't you Marlin fans dare get off this site! You are all family here as far as I am concerned! Every single one of you has served your time here, and regardless of your school's classification, I'll be proud to talk with you during this upcoming season.:clap:

MARLINDOGS
04-23-2006, 03:01 AM
Don't you Marlin fans dare get off this site! You are all family here as far as I am concerned! Every single one of you has served your time here, and regardless of your school's classification, I'll be proud to talk with you during this upcoming season.:clap: Thanks Buckeye80.I sure will be keeping my eye on those east tx teams.And I have made alot of friends here.So I will be dropping in time to time.To see how everyone is doing.Thanks :D

Buckeye80
04-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
Thanks Buckeye80.I sure will be keeping my eye on those east tx teams.And I have made alot of friends here.So I will be dropping in time to time.To see how everyone is doing.Thanks :D

ROOTS, BLOODY ROOTS!!!!!!! Don't forget 'em Blue Tiger!

Aesculus gilmus
04-23-2006, 03:43 AM
While I agree with you that no one is unbeatable (except the '83 Tigers evidently), I disagree that anyone thought Gilmer was unbeatable last year.

I for one didn't foresee the Buckeyes going any farther than a couple of rounds in the playoffs, just as occurred.

I'd say without G.J. Kinne's "in the zone" performance that night in Tyler, Gilmer would have made it to the fourth round against Tatum, but there's no way last year's team could have hung with Tatum.

No matter how many times you repeat your sig, I'd say well over half the 3A football fans in Texas already DO think the 2006 Buckeyes are unbeatable and they are entitled to that opinion.

Matthew328
04-23-2006, 11:01 AM
actually in the article I didin't compare em to the 1983 Daingerfield team...I just with the type of talent they have they have the potential to be mentioned in that same breath..

Cameron Crazy
04-23-2006, 11:04 AM
NICE WRITE UP MATT!

Aesculus gilmus
04-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Gilmer actually played Daingerfield a pretty close game back in '83.
http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13845
Here it is. It was 14-0, which was closer than anyone played them except for Carthage.

What's going to be strange about the 2006 playoffs in Division I is that you very well could have the two best (or most-talented anyhow) teams in that division, Gilmer and Liberty-Eylau, squaring off in bi-district.

MARLINDOGS
04-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gilmer actually played Daingerfield a pretty close game back in '83.
http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13845
Here it is. It was 14-0, which was closer than anyone played them except for Carthage.

What's going to be strange about the 2006 playoffs in Division I is that you very well could have the two best (or most-talented anyhow) teams in that division, Gilmer and Liberty-Eylau, squaring off in bi-district. Yeah you are right.Gilmer did play us a close game.Just one of those night where we made alot of mistakes and had alot of touchdowns called back.Almost cost us the game.Gilmer will be tough this year.But again with all this press it will make the other teams that more hungry.

Hupernikomen
04-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Its crazy how loaded Gilmer looks..........talent talent and more talent..

This team sounds a lot like the state championship team to me. They have all the offensive weapons in the world again this year, but not the defensive stand outs they had from 2 years ago. Someone will have to outscore them to beat them. By that statement I mean, score 50 points on them. Seems to be the only way to beat Gilmer these days.