PDA

View Full Version : Lamesa Changes

goldentor
04-22-2006, 12:14 PM
WOW! The changes our new AD, Coach Torbert, is making are wonderful, the excitement is back in the land of the Tors! This guy is something else, bringing in like 6 new coaches and the attitude change is very welcome. He is working their butts off in off season and the kids are loving it. These kids are starting to believe in what is going on, it's great. I know we are in a tough football district, but when you hear Coach Tor talk, you got to believe we will be better. We as parents are thrilled with this guy, only hope he can keep the kids believing. Can't wait for Frday nights next fall!

GreenMonster
04-22-2006, 01:28 PM
This sure reads like a homer rah-rah thread to me. I'm glad you parents are happy with the coach. Hopefully that parental enthusiasm hangs around even if things go bad.

TigerPride
04-22-2006, 01:28 PM
What is yall scheldue for the season?

wildstangs
04-22-2006, 04:19 PM
It would be nice to have another competitive team in West Texas. Lamesa had a couple of really good teams several years ago, but have been awful since then. I remember them bringing about 25 fans to a varsity game at Sweetwater a couple of years ago.

Isn't Lamesa in that four team district with Greenwood, Andrews, and Snyder? If Andrews and Lamesa havent stepped it up, one of them could be wobbling into the playoffs with a very poor record.

Matthew328
04-22-2006, 04:30 PM
I got 7 of their 10 games...

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/hsHighSchool.asp?School=1789

mrescape43
04-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
It would be nice to have another competitive team in West Texas. Lamesa had a couple of really good teams several years ago, but have been awful since then. I remember them bringing about 25 fans to a varsity game at Sweetwater a couple of years ago.

Isn't Lamesa in that four team district with Greenwood, Andrews, and Snyder? If Andrews and Lamesa havent stepped it up, one of them could be wobbling into the playoffs with a very poor record.

You are right. With only 4 teams in district it is possible to enter the playoffs with a 1-9 record. 4 team district isn't one of the UIL's brightest ideas. Personally I hope both teams are better this year as it will make for more interesting friday nights.

goldentor
04-23-2006, 01:24 PM
It is sort of a rah rah thread, that's what parents are supposed to do, right? Our 2006 Schedule:

Denver City - H
Kermit - T
Brownfield - T
Levelland - T
Lubbock Roosevelt - H
Seminole - T
Lubbock Cooper - T
OPEN
*Andrews - H
*Snyder - T
*Greenwood - H

Thanks
GT

TheDOCTORdre
04-23-2006, 02:13 PM
scientific fact...tornadoes blow

Ranger Mom
04-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
scientific fact...tornadoes blow

LOL!! How many times have you said that on here???

Anyway...welcome aboard goldentor, it's nice to have another poster from 3-3A on the site. We have several from Synder, right now it's just me and GWOOD from Greenwood, and I don't think we have ANY Andrews posters yet!

Glad to hear that things for the Tors are looking up, it will be nice not to have those long distance travels for the out of town district games...huh??

Ranger Mom
04-23-2006, 05:46 PM
HaHa....I just noticed that Coach TORbert is coaching the TORS!!

How cool is that???:D :D :p