PDA

View Full Version : Columbus 7 Bellville 5 (baseball)

Bull's-eye
04-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Columbus defeated Bellville 7-5. Columbus wins the district crown and Bellville comes in second. Good luck to both teams as they head into the playoffs.

XMan
04-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Columbus repeats as district champs as they beat the beloved brahmas for the 4th time in a row and the 6th time in 8 attempts. Now that Columbus is about to sweep the district let me tell ya how it should go. When the district meeting comes, the first vote will be for mvp. The Columbus coach should hand out a roster of his and let the coaches vote on who should get it. Point is, whoever he puts up should win, no matter if its the back up left fielder. Columbus swept the district. They are the best team, have the best players, period. Im sure bellville will nominate some sentimental favorite that could have done the job but sorry, columbus is the champ.

clayton7
04-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Feel free to shut your mouth.

BTEXDAD
04-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Columbus repeats as district champs as they beat the beloved brahmas for the 4th time in a row and the 6th time in 8 attempts. Now that Columbus is about to sweep the district let me tell ya how it should go. When the district meeting comes, the first vote will be for mvp. The Columbus coach should hand out a roster of his and let the coaches vote on who should get it. Point is, whoever he puts up should win, no matter if its the back up left fielder. Columbus swept the district. They are the best team, have the best players, period. Im sure bellville will nominate some sentimental favorite that could have done the job but sorry, columbus is the champ.

What exactly is your problem, X?
Your entire life must revolve around beating Bellville or hoping for bellville to lose so you can put them down.
I won't get into the discussion about who should be mvp since I didn't see that many baseball games, and quite possibly it should be someone from Columbus.
I'll give provs to columbus for winning a district title this school year (I think they also won boys golf so actually it was two), but they're still about 7-8 district titles behind Bellville as is every other team in district.
Bellville tries to put a competitive team out there in every sport and has done a good job at it. We'd like to win every district title, but that's tough to do. However there is no doubt, our athletic program is best in district, period, exclamation point!
Good luck to ALL the district champs from 20-3A that are still involved or will be involved in additional competitions. Bring some trophies and medals back home.

XMan
04-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey, who pitched for Bellville? Did they pitch a luetge like promised or did they sluff off with a different pitcher? Lets see, Bellville is 7 or 8 district title ahead of the other teams? Bellville didnt even make the playoffs in basketball. Does Bellville play some sports I dont know about? Im guessing you are counting synchronized swimming, water polo and javeline catching. These may all be sports in Katy, where most Bellville residents came from, but not in 20AAA. Bellville won district in Football, Volleyball and probably some track, cross country and tennis, and throw in some 1 act play and literary events if you want to count them but they arent 7 or 8 ahead of others. Get off your high horse.

sports=life
04-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Hey, who pitched for Bellville? Did they pitch a luetge like promised or did they sluff off with a different pitcher? Lets see, Bellville is 7 or 8 district title ahead of the other teams? Bellville didnt even make the playoffs in basketball. Does Bellville play some sports I dont know about? Im guessing you are counting synchronized swimming, water polo and javeline catching. These may all be sports in Katy, where most Bellville residents came from, but not in 20AAA. Bellville won district in Football, Volleyball and probably some track, cross country and tennis, and throw in some 1 act play and literary events if you want to count them but they arent 7 or 8 ahead of others. Get off your high horse.

They didnt pitch Luetge cause they were scared. Luetge has been out for 3 games with a hert arm. So get your facts right

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by clayton7
Feel free to shut your mouth.

What he said !!!!!!

BTEXDAD
04-24-2006, 08:36 AM

Hey, X, Fifteen athletic titles that take place in district 20-3A and are counted towards the Lone Star Cup are as follows:
District winners listed

1. Football Bellville
2. Volleyball Bellville
3. Boys Cross country Bellville
4. Girls cross country Bellville
5. Team Tennis Bellville
6. Boys basketball Navasota (bellville 4th)
7. Girls Basketball Navasota (bellville 4th)
8. boys golf Columbus (bellville 2nd)
9. girls golf Sealy (bellville 2nd)
10. girls tennis Bellville
11. boys tennis bellville
12. Boys track Bellville
13. Girls track Sealy (bellville 3rd)
14. Softball Bellville
15. Baseball Columbus (bellville 2nd)

9 titles for bellville, 2 for Columbus, 2 for sealy, 2 for Navasota. I think my earlier statement was Bellville had 7-8 more district titles than any other team.

FbCoachB40
04-24-2006, 09:23 AM
I am still betting that X is the Head Baseball Coach!!!!!!!!!!!

UPanIN
04-24-2006, 09:36 AM
It's always nice to hear from the Bellville fans.

chugbug
04-24-2006, 10:43 AM
The MVP will be decided by the coaches, however they don't come any better than Taylor Janak from Columbus.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I am still betting that X is the Head Baseball Coach!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean Bellvilles Head Coach? No way, I can bet you that it is not him.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by chugbug
The MVP will be decided by the coaches, however they don't come any better than Taylor Janak from Columbus.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I would think Taylor would be a very good choice. I dont know if there would be anyone else that has stood out in this District?

BTEXDAD
04-24-2006, 12:52 PM
from what little baseball I saw, I'm also fine with the columbus guy.

Bull19
04-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Janak is worthy of the mvp crown, however after the stuff he pulled friday night just shows how much class he has on the field, and by that i mean he doesnt have any, when you purposly throw at a batter for calling timeout just shows what kind of ballplayer you are.

Bellville22
04-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Hey, X, Fifteen athletic titles that take place in district 20-3A and are counted towards the Lone Star Cup are as follows:
District winners listed

1. Football Bellville
2. Volleyball Bellville
3. Boys Cross country Bellville
4. Girls cross country Bellville
5. Team Tennis Bellville
6. Boys basketball Navasota (bellville 4th)
7. Girls Basketball Navasota (bellville 4th)
8. boys golf Columbus (bellville 2nd)
9. girls golf Sealy (bellville 2nd)
10. girls tennis Bellville
11. boys tennis bellville
12. Boys track Bellville
13. Girls track Sealy (bellville 3rd)
14. Softball Bellville
15. Baseball Columbus (bellville 2nd)

9 titles for bellville, 2 for Columbus, 2 for sealy, 2 for Navasota. I think my earlier statement was Bellville had 7-8 more district titles than any other team.

Ouch!

Very nice job 'BTEXDAD'.

BTEXDAD
04-24-2006, 01:02 PM
For bull19

I did see that also. Actually threw at another batter also. He'll be fine. Just needs to get that adrenaline all focused in right direction.

Bellville22
04-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Is 'X-man' stumped? So quiet.

chugbug
04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Calling time out constantly while the pitcher is in his wind-up shows exactly what kind of chicken you are. If you cannot beat them use smoke screens. You really don't know that he threw at the batter for sure. I'm positive that the umpire would have thrown him out of the game if he thought he threw at the batter in question. The game was played at Bellville. I'm sure that the umpires would have called it. Get over it . You guys are second. You're in the playoffs.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

hookandladder
04-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
Janak is worthy of the mvp crown, however after the stuff he pulled friday night just shows how much class he has on the field, and by that i mean he doesnt have any, when you purposly throw at a batter for calling timeout just shows what kind of ballplayer you are.

You obviously have not played or know how the game is played. Certain situations dictate what you do as a pitcher. I personally have never throw at a batter to hit him but I have throw some pitches high and tight. All part of the game. You have to know the situation.

FbCoachB40
04-24-2006, 02:28 PM
I wasn't talking about Bellville's Head Coach, Cherney is a first class act!!

clayton7
04-24-2006, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chugbug
[B]Calling time out constantly while the pitcher is in his wind-up shows exactly what kind of chicken you are...

No that shows that you don't want the pitcher to dictate the pace of the game. By no means does it show that your a chicken.

Bull19
04-24-2006, 07:44 PM
I agree with clayton 7 the pitcher must not dictate the pace of the game,,,,in my days i pitched a few innings and i never once threw at anyone, i was at the game and bellville fans where yelling at the umpire and the catcher turned around and starting laughing at them and basically agreed with them that the pitch at buenger was on purpsose...BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND, i'll call timeout anyday of the week, just to show the pitcher im not being a "chicken" ill let him throw a 4 seemer right between the eyes after being hit in the face ill be super tired but still have enough in me to hit a 4oo ft opposite field homerun ,,,,,,,,,,getting a pitcher out of game is all part of the game you can ask anyone

sports=life
04-24-2006, 07:56 PM

O but it did last year when Luetge was here. And as for janik throwing at a batter. He did the same thing last year to Luetge, but luetge was smart enough to move out of the way and the ball ended up going behind him. I think Janik should win the MVP cause there isnt anyone better then he is this year in the district. But if you did it just on class he would get dead last.

KL3
04-24-2006, 08:07 PM
I've seen a few games Yanik has pitched in and he certainly gets a little "overjuiced" up there on the mound. I have no problem being intense in a game, but I've seen him do things like flapping his arms or glove after a call he didn't like or shaking his head on the mound after a strikeout, that really does make him look foolish. I would have liked to see Janek's reaction after Pawlowski hit that double that 1-bounced to the fence last Friday.

And all this talk of Luetge vs Janek needs to stop. Janek is good, but Luetge was a once in 10-15 years kind of pitcher. The only one better than him in the area in a while was of course Homer Bailey. There is a reason he was drafted and signed with Juco power San Jacinto.

clayton7
04-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
I agree with clayton 7 the pitcher must not dictate the pace of the game,,,,in my days i pitched a few innings and i never once threw at anyone, i was at the game and bellville fans where yelling at the umpire and the catcher turned around and starting laughing at them and basically agreed with them that the pitch at buenger was on purpsose...BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND, i'll call timeout anyday of the week, just to show the pitcher im not being a "chicken" ill let him throw a 4 seemer right between the eyes after being hit in the face ill be super tired but still have enough in me to hit a 4oo ft opposite field homerun ,,,,,,,,,,getting a pitcher out of game is all part of the game you can ask anyone

Thats nothing Bull, I take fastballs in the face every other day of the week just to keep me on top of my game. Further more, in a real-live game situation, you wouldn't get up from one of my fastballs to the face. It would happen so fast the only thing you would be staring at besides the ball would be death.

chugbug
04-25-2006, 08:42 AM
You guys used what was available to you,that was calling time while the pitcher was in his wind up, and he used what was available to him. The old brush back or ocassional plunking. You don't think it happens and is not available to the pitcher. Ask Kolby Clemens. He got plunked by one of the greatest pitchers in the history of the game for hitting a home run. His dad Roger. Fellas its over. Classless is calling someone classless for doing the same thing that you did. Try to control the pace of the game. The umpire is at fault for letting the batters call time out late . He has the discression. He should have not let it get that far. Lucas Luetge is a good pitcher and I wish him all the sucess in the world, But he is not in the same class with Homer Baily. Bellville good luck in the playoffs.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
[i]Originally posted by KL3

Luetge was a once in 10-15 years kind of pitcher. The only one better than him in the area in a while was of course Homer Bailey. [/B]

Chugbug, If you would read the post you would see that KL3 never said he was in the same class as Homer, he said Homer was better.
Read before you put words in other peoples mouths!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
[B] Lucas Luetge is a good pitcher and I wish him all the sucess in the world, But he is not in the same class with Homer Baily.

Bull19
04-25-2006, 12:44 PM
way to be on your toes fbb,,,,,,lucas was in a league of his own,but home was in a league a little bit better,,,,their is a reason though they both got drafted, they were both studs

chugbug
04-25-2006, 12:47 PM
I am not trying to put words in anyone elses mouth. I just told you like it was. You guys can cry about Janak throwing at a batter , but you say it is all right to call time-out excessively to not let the pitcher control the game. Well, I guess he got the batter a little off balance in the batter's box. Dusted him off a little. What goes around comes around. I have all of the respect for Lucas Luetge and wish him good luck. :eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Bull19
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
what goes around comes around? what he did was very unclassy,,dont act like you know what happened if you werent there. everyone at the game new it was intentional. its ok to throw high and tight to get someone of the plate but not when the batter is standing out of the batters box and ball is coming at you ,,,thanks very much

chugbug
04-25-2006, 01:40 PM
You are very welcome. You should have learned a very valuable lesson here. Don't mess around with the pitcher. You may get plunked. If you deside to do so, Don't gripe when you get plunked.What I am trying to say is that there are consequences for everyone's actions. Someone decided to try to un-nerve Janak by stepping out of the batter's box excessively. The umpire should not have allowed it. Janak retaliated. Fine, that has been happening in baseball for ever. If you can't stand the heat, get away from the fire. Bellville good-luck in the playoffs.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

clayton7
04-25-2006, 03:41 PM
The batter only stepped out once, it was nothing in excess.

XMan
04-26-2006, 06:36 AM
All this bickering should stop. Not a big deal if someone gets plunked occasionally, part of the game. Same way as multiple pickoffs are part of the game. If Bellville could have found a way to get their starter to quit hyperventilating and crying in the dugout, much off this would have been avoided.

clayton7
04-26-2006, 08:17 AM
The only reason he was hyperventilating was because he had never started, nor thrown that much in a game. The most he usually throws is an inning or two.

BTEXDAD
04-26-2006, 08:20 AM
All this bickering should stop. Not a big deal if someone gets plunked occasionally, part of the game.
One last comment though. Brushbacks and moving batter off plate are part of game, but it's still a little different in my opinion when batter is standing outside the batter's box and gets hit by ball being thrown at him.
Now let's move on to playoffs. Good luck all.

Bellville22
04-26-2006, 08:29 AM
'XMan', you are yet to respond to 'BTEXDAD's evidence proving his statement correct and your argument wrong. Your comments, please? Sorry if I am bickering.

XMan
04-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Oh it is my favorite hobby to get the fellow Bellville folks stirred up. The way to get me to quit giving you guys such a hard time is this. Some day whenever Bellville does lose again just do this: Say, tonight Bellville was outplayed or was not the better team or something to that extent. Many times Bellville wins and is the better team, sometimes they are not. When they are not just own up to it, tip your hat to the opponent and move on. I get so tired of hearing who is to blame when Bellville loses. (weather, officials, whatever)
Next, I would like to enlighten a few of the ignorant about the ins and outs of the game of baseball. A few Bellville people noticed that a batter got hit and all they can come up with is that the pitcher must be classless. The other night the opposing pitcher, Janak, is pretty good. He is a fast worker, gets ahead, and gets a rythm going. Bellville and Coach Cerny had a good game plan going in. That plan was to step out, take time and try to disrupt the pitchers rythm. I applaud the Brahmas, that is a good plan. On the other side of that, as a pitcher there are only a few things you can do to combat this. If I were pitching, when the guys stepped out, I would have "accidently" started throwing behind the batter every time he did so. Every time they stepped out, the ball would have gotten closer to the hitter. Bottom line: they quit stepping out or they get hit after they have called time, no base rewarded. This is how the game is played. Im not here to discuss morality or legality issues but a jury a couple months ago agreed that the batter takes an inherent risk when going to the plate. In other words, if he gets hit, it is not the pitchers liability. Dont want to get hit, dont bat. This sort of thing goes on all the time but the ignorant in the stands dont know.
Another instance on the subject. The batting team often relays signals to the hitters either from the base coaches or the runner at 2nd. In the case of Bellville, when the base coach calls out first name, the pitch is fastball. The coach calls out last name and its curve/offspeed. Now the problem with that is sometimes the better teams figure this strategy out quickly. If this happens, the team on defense should politely ask that the relaying stop or at least to be more descrete. If the relaying doesnt stop, the only thing the defensive team can do is start plunking guys. Guy gets plunked and the fans think the pitcher is head hunting. Anyhow, thats just a little insight.
Always good to hear from everyone. Clayton, hope you have recovered. Seems that by this time in the season pitchers should be in shape to go several innings but thats just me. Bellville 22, hope yall won the jr hi track meet over at Ctown. Good luck to all in the playoffs and please keep giving me something to keep you stirred up about fellow bellvillites.

Bellville22
04-26-2006, 01:27 PM
And still we wait for your response to 'BTEXDAD's evidence to your argument.

Bull's-eye
04-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Next, I would like to enlighten a few of the ignorant about the ins and outs of the game of baseball.
The batting team often relays signals to the hitters either from the base coaches or the runner at 2nd. Now the problem with that is sometimes the better teams figure this strategy out quickly. If this happens, the team on defense should politely ask that the relaying stop or at least to be more descrete. If the relaying doesnt stop, the only thing the defensive team can do is start plunking guys. Guy gets plunked and the fans think the pitcher is head hunting. Anyhow, thats just a little insight.

The "better teams figure this strategy out" they should change their signs or go to a plus or minus system. Some teams use an indicator sign and the correct sign will follow.

KL3
04-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Hey, Bellville22, you better watchout, it seems as though XMan knows who you are.

XMan, who exactly are you? Where did you go to High School? What school do you follow? You are such a big talker on the internet and love to talk down to Bellville so much, I'm just wondering where all this built up jealousy and envy for Bellville has come from.

It sounds like you know most of the bellville posters on the board, and know where they coach/teach at. I don't think you know who I am, but I'll tell you anything you want to know, if only we can get a little info from the mysterious XMan.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-26-2006, 09:41 PM
I hear Bellville and Columbus will play a warm-up game? Who would schedule a warm up game between two teams that are trying to hit each other by brush back pitches? Is this a good idea or not?
With all this talk on this one, the last thing you would do is play a warm up game that means nothing, with your district rival!
Bad idea, i just hope no one gets hurt in this one before the play-offs!!!

NHSRattler60
04-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Someone sure is stupid on this board. And I'm not gonna name names....

Xman.

Congrats Columbus. You won at Baseball.

Hopefully, one day, you can pull it together in other sports as well. If only if only.

Now Xman the next time you offer insight....make sure you offer something worth reading. I could have a monkey literally crap on my screen and I would find it alot more bearable than the crap you put on there.

I'm pretty sure you made my IQ drop into the danger zone. Granted it didn't have far to go...but still.

clayton7
04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Clayton, hope you have recovered. Seems that by this time in the season pitchers should be in shape to go several innings but thats just me...

Im just an outfielder who just happens to pitch when the time comes...Its not like ive been training for this kind of thing. Five innings is a milestone for me.

clayton7
04-26-2006, 11:01 PM
But whatever, I guess you know everything.

Bull19
04-27-2006, 08:41 AM
ex man if you wanna talk all this stuff about how he was tired, and wore out it just shows how little you know of the game and shows exactly what kind of person you are. pitching more than 4 or 5 innings would wear anybody out. just so happened in this occasion it was this pitchers first start ever, which in turn would mean that he would tire out faster than a regular starter. but of course we all know you would have no idea how it would feel since you most likely played the pine all 4 years of school and would have no idea how it feels to pitch in a game,,,,much less a full 4 innings in a row. i hope you realize any friend that you ever had on this forum in no more, because of your knowledge of the game is minimal and your respect for eveyone out there is less than that

Bull19
04-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I hear Bellville and Columbus will play a warm-up game? Who would schedule a warm up game between two teams that are trying to hit each other by brush back pitches? Is this a good idea or not?
With all this talk on this one, the last thing you would do is play a warm up game that means nothing, with your district rival!

yes, this is a little risky after what took place in bellville last week. im sure though that emotions from previous games will be left at home since the playoff games for both teams are right around the corner and they will be concentrated on different teams and not each other anymore.

FbCoachB40
04-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by KL3
XMan, who exactly are you? Where did you go to High School? What school do you follow? You are such a big talker on the internet and love to talk down to Bellville so much, I'm just wondering where all this built up jealousy and envy for Bellville has come from.

I still say that Xman is the Head Baseball Coach at Columbus

Bull's-eye
04-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60

Xman.

The next time you offer insight....make sure you offer something worth reading. I could have a monkey literally crap on my screen and I would find it alot more bearable than the crap you put on there.

Well said!!!!!

hookandladder
04-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I still say that Xman is the Head Baseball Coach at Columbus

I personally know the Head Baseball Coach at Columbus, he would not waste his time on this board. I'am not knocking this board just stating that professional Coaches do not have time nor do they need to come on this board and talk trash.

Bull's-eye
04-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Believe me, XMan is no coach!

KL3
04-27-2006, 12:49 PM
XMan is probably someone most of the Bellville posters have met before. He probably is quiet and says all the right things to them in person. But when he can log onto 3A downlow, he can say whatever he wants b/c no one knows he is.

XMan, how do you know Bellville22?

Bull19
04-27-2006, 01:25 PM
why dont you grow up ex ?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60

Xman.

Now Xman the next time you offer insight....make sure you offer something worth reading. I could have a monkey literally crap on my screen and I would find it alot more bearable than the crap you put on there.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-27-2006, 09:31 PM

Is this true?? If so were and when?
Still a bad idea!!!!!!!!

sports=life
04-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Is this true?? If so were and when?
Still a bad idea!!!!!!!!

at 5 in Columbus.

clayton7
04-27-2006, 10:57 PM
At 5 in Columbus tomorrow, Sports=Life forgot to mention that part.