PDA

View Full Version : 04/21/06 Softball Scores

PhiI C
04-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Sinton had already cinched the District 30 AAA championship but in the last game of the regular season tonight the Sinton Lady Pirates defeated the Mathis Lady Pirates 15 - 0 in three innings. Our freshman pitcher that AP Panther Fan knows pitched tonight for Sinton and pitched a perfect game!! Way to go Sinton Lady Pirates!!

44INAROW
04-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Cuero beat Edna 5-0 and best I understand it, Cuero/Gonzales/Edna are in a 3-way tie for 3rd place. Gonzales and Edna will play in Yoakum @ 6PM on Saturday and Cuero will play the winner of that game on Monday night. The winner of that game will be 3rd place in D26AAA. Hallettsville is in 1st and Yoakum is in 2nd..... Way to Go Lady Gobblers ;)

LH Panther Mom
04-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Liberty Hill 11
Ingram 0

Way to go, Lady Cats! :clap:

Warm-up is scheduled for Tuesday against Austin McCallum (4A).

Old Tiger
04-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Warm-Up Game
Rockdale - 3
Weimer - 1

3ABirdMan
04-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Bridge City - 11
Hamshire-Fannet - 0

West Orange-Stark - 4
Orangefield - 1

HF's loss to BC set the stage for a tie for 3rd, but OF could not pull off the win aganst WOS to keep up their end. They finish 4th.

24AAA District Finish
Champion - Bridge City
Runner-up - West Orange-Stark
Third - Hamshire-Fannet

Interesting notes:
- With BC's win tonight, they have now gone through 4 consecutive District seasons as undefeated Champions.
- WOS goes to the play-offs for the first time in school history.

44INAROW
04-22-2006, 12:46 AM
that is quite impressive..... congrats Ladys:clap: :clap:

Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Bridge City - 11
Hamshire-Fannet - 0

Interesting notes:
- With BC's win tonight, they have now gone through 4 consecutive District seasons as undefeated Champions.

Nice Job Lady Cats (Panthers)

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Liberty Hill 11
Ingram 0

GOFOR2
04-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Sinton had already cinched the District 30 AAA championship but in the last game of the regular season tonight the Sinton Lady Pirates defeated the Mathis Lady Pirates 15 - 0 in three innings. Our freshman pitcher that AP Panther Fan knows pitched tonight for Sinton and pitched a perfect game!! Way to go Sinton Lady Pirates!!

Good Job, but I dont think a 3 inning game can count as a perfect game.

GreenMonster
04-22-2006, 10:20 AM
I haven't kept up with the IP softball program very much and have no idea of yesterday's score but I do know that they have already clinched a playoff spot. This year's Girl's program is one of the most successful in school history with play-off appearances in Volleyball, Basketball, and Softball as well as having a couple of girls make the State meet in powerlifting and several girls that have passed through to the Region I track meet. Congratulations IP ladies on a great year.

44INAROW
04-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero/Gonzales/Edna are in a 3-way tie for 3rd place. Gonzales and Edna will play in Yoakum @ 6PM on Saturday and Cuero will play the winner of that game on Monday night.

Edna beat Gonzales tonight (Saturday) so Cuero will play Edna @ 6 PM Monday in Yoakum for 3rd place....

Johnny Utah
04-22-2006, 11:47 PM
3 innings is a perfect game, interesting!!! Good luck to all in the playoffs!! Go for 2, Where is the floor???

piratebg
04-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Any ideas as to who Sinton will draw in the first round?

pirate4state
04-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Any ideas as to who Sinton will draw in the first round? They will play the winner of the West Oso (dist. 31)/La Feria (dist. 32) game/series.

Sinton has a first round bye. Their first playoff game will be the first weekend in May.

GOFOR2
04-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
3 innings is a perfect game, interesting!!! Good luck to all in the playoffs!! Go for 2, Where is the floor???

I dont know...ask TK

Old Tiger
04-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Good luck to all the teams in playoffs...hope to see a region IV team.. :cool: :D

PhiI C
04-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Good Job, but I dont think a 3 inning game can count as a perfect game.

Why not! It was the umpires that called it because of the 15 run rule. It is listed as a complete game won by the Sinton Lady Pirates! Recognized or not we will take it!! :)

pirateman98
04-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey phil or p4s, who pitched that game?

pirate4state
04-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
Hey phil or p4s, who pitched that game? It's a secret. ;) LOL

AP Panther Fan
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C

I TOLD YOU SO!;)

I don't actually know her, I have watched her play in Portland and various tournaments...I did meet her mom though. Glad to hear they moved her up...she should be a great addition to your pitching rotation during playoffs. Congratulations on a big win!