PDA

View Full Version : Wylie - Brownwood

wildstangs
04-21-2006, 05:30 PM
I am sure this is old news, but I just heard that Wylie and Brownwood will play a real game (they have scrimmaged for many years) this year at the Champions Classic. I was pretty surprised that Wylie is going to play at Shotwell.

Gobbla2001
04-21-2006, 05:49 PM
For those of us who do not know, why you are surprised that Wylie's playing at Shotwell (did they serve bad hotdogs last time?)???

wildstangs
04-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Not sure why, but it seems like I recall some fans saying that Sandefer would never play there again. I think they are 0-2 at Shotwell since he has been the coach at Wylie.

The other teams playing in this classic are Greenwood VS. Graham, Wichita Falls Rider VS. Frenship, and Abilene Cooper VS. Weatherford.

pero chato
04-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Not sure why, but it seems like I recall some fans saying that Sandefer would never play there again. I think they are 0-2 at Shotwell since he has been the coach at Wylie.

The other teams playing in this classic are Greenwood VS. Graham, Wichita Falls Rider VS. Frenship, and Abilene Cooper VS. Weatherford.

Wylie won a playoff game there against Crane (15-14) in the early nineties. But the two losses were very ugly--against Vernon (43-8), and Springtown (58-20) . The scores are best I remember.

VWG
04-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

Rider will probably start a soph. next year at QB. Big, strong, and fast kid that started on their varsity basketball team this year.
By the time he gets to be a senior they say he will be a sure D-I QB prospect. Reminds some people of another Rider-ex, Ronnie Williams. Went on to start at Ok. State and threw touchdowns to Hart Lee Dykes back in the day.

wildstangs
04-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Pero Chato...do I dare ask what the Sweetwater - Wylie baseball score was today?

injuredinmelee
04-21-2006, 10:25 PM
i left in the top of the eighth and it was Wylie 8-1

GreenMonster
04-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Rider will probably start a soph. next year at QB. Big, strong, and fast kid that started on their varsity basketball team this year.
By the time he gets to be a senior they say he will be a sure D-I QB prospect. Reminds some people of another Rider-ex, Ronnie Williams. Went on to start at Ok. State and threw touchdowns to Hart Lee Dykes back in the day.

Ronnie's a big ol' boy now. Played for quite a few years in the NFL as a TE. He is now running either the East Side YMCA or the East Side Boys & Girls Club, I can't remember which. Played golf in a group behind him not too long ago. Very jovial fellow. By the way, heard really good things about the other kid you write about. I also hear that his step-brother, another Soph to be, will probably be his backfield mate in the one back shotgun Scott Ponder likes to run. Heard great things about this young man as well.