PDA

View Full Version : Dallas

pirate4state
04-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Travolta, JLo to Star in 'Dallas' Movie
Friday April 21 8:14 AM ET

British director Gurinder Chadha announced Friday that she would direct John Travolta and Jennifer Lopez in a big-screen version of 80s TV show "Dallas."

The "Bend it Like Beckham" director said she had signed a deal with 20th Century Fox to direct the film, which will star Travolta as villainous oil magnate J.R. Ewing and Lopez as his wife Sue Ellen.

In a statement, Chadha said her appointment meant that the sort of South Asian-themed British films that made her name had "huge credibility and respect in Hollywood."

Chadha, who gave Jane Austen a Bollywood twist in last year's "Bride and Prejudice," is also involved with adapting another TV hit, 60s sitcom "I Dream of Jeannie." She said that film "is still in the pipeline, but there is still some way to go on the script."

Filming on "Dallas" is due to start in October, with the movie slated for a late 2007 release.

Story Link (http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20060421/114563244000.html)

NO WAY CAN I SEE J.LO :rolleyes: playing the part of Sue Ellen!! :hand: AND as much as I love John Travalota I just don't think anyone can play J.R. Ewing as well as Larry Hagman did!!!

Why can't they just leave these tv shows alone?? :foul:

pirate44
04-21-2006, 03:28 PM
I thought travolta was about as old as hagman. :thinking:

SWMustang
04-21-2006, 03:40 PM
He will always be Vinnie Barbarino to me. Every movie I see him in, I can't take him seriously. Kind of like the Brokeback Cowboy playing a US Marine in Jarhead. I couldn't watch that movie without thinking to myself how much the marine would rather be riding off into the sunset with a cute Cowboy.

Who would be a better choice to be JR? Tommy Lee Jones would be my pick.