PDA

View Full Version : Zero Week - 2006

LH Panther Mom
04-21-2006, 12:03 PM
With the first games of the 2006 season roughly 19 ( :eek: ) weeks away, some of us were doing some tentative planning for the upcoming season and the possibility of something to "travel" to a different game each week. For those of you who have had the pleasure of participating the last two years, I hope you've enjoyed meeting new folks and having the opportunity to "sign". You might also remember there have been a couple of uhm, let's see....uhm, snafus....that have hindered some of the travel time of each year's item. For any of you who haven't a clue what I'm talking about, here's the previous seasons' threads.

2004 t-shirt (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=18111)
2005 flag (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=32752)

:( :( Ranger Mom has declined to be in charge for the 2006 season. (If any of you are experts at cajoling, sucking up, sweet-talking, etc, now's the time to get started on her.) :kiss: :inlove: :kiss:

Now, to the real reason of this thread. Is there interest in doing something similar for this coming season? Does anyone have any great ideas? Are you extremely creative and have always wanted the chance to show us how brilliant you are? Any and all ideas are welcome and if there is anyone who would love to volunteer to be "in charge", please don't be shy. :)

pirate4state
04-21-2006, 01:43 PM
We so need to keep this going. :clap: If Ranger Mom really doesn't want to do it then I'll volunteer to "be in charge" :D

I have some ideas, but I'll wait and see what anyone else has to offer. ;)

EricDraven
04-21-2006, 02:22 PM
What do ya'll do? Kind of neat that forum members get together. Greatest site in the 'Net.

pirate44
04-21-2006, 02:27 PM

pirate44
04-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i better do a search before i ask that

AP Panther Fan
04-21-2006, 02:32 PM
I was going to suggest each region having a football to sign.....but after further thought....too much postage probably.:(

We have had some great meet and greets...made alot of new friends! For the most part we just get together before the game or at halftime...but there have been parties, tailgaiting etc....

Some of the "older" members could probably answer better.....;) :D

pirate44
04-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I was going to suggest each region having a football to sign.....but after further thought....too much postage probably.:(

We have had some great meet and greets...made alot of new friends! For the most part we just get together before the game or at halftime...but there have been parties, tailgaiting etc....

Some of the "older" members could probably answer better.....;) :D
if its postage that is a problem, we could have the "Downlow Sheet-of-Paper" or the "Downlow Envelope" :D

pirate4state
04-21-2006, 02:54 PM
if its postage that is a problem, we could have the "Downlow Sheet-of-Paper" or the "Downlow Envelope" :D LOL!! My idea may present a bit of a problem as far as postage is concerned :thinking: may have to research a bit more. :(

Bullaholic
04-21-2006, 03:05 PM
I think it's great to circulate a flag or a shirt, but it does involve a lot of logistics. How about if every town just made their own flag, shirt, or banner, sign it(optional) at one or over the course of several home games, take a group pic when it is ready, identify those in the pic and let the mods post it up to a "sticky" on the Downlow? "Guests" from other teams could be included if they are in attendance. Playoff games could be handled by the M&G's using the same procedure. At the end of the season, all of the pics could be transferred to a CD and those who wished could have a failrly complete picture directory for the Downlow which could come in handy when finding each other at M&G's.

spiveyrat
04-21-2006, 04:25 PM
if its postage that is a problem, we could have the "Downlow Sheet-of-Paper" or the "Downlow Envelope" :D

...or the DL Postcard. :D

pirate44
04-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
...or the DL Postcard. :D
im liking that one. isnt a post card 0.20 for postage. ;)
or if everyone is into defacing government property, those people (not that anyone on this site would participate in such an act) could sign a downlow dollar bill. then a person in charge could auction the dollar bill at the end of the season. how many signatures are we talking here?

pirate4state
04-21-2006, 04:32 PM
im liking that one. isnt a post card 0.20 for postage. ;)
or if everyone is into defacing government property, those people (not that anyone on this site would participate in such an act) could sign a downlow dollar bill. then a person in charge could auction the dollar bill at the end of the season. how many signatures are we talking here? some might have a problem with that see here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43736)

pirate44
04-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
some might have a problem with that see here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43736)
yeah, i was just being silly as always. but i do like the signed football idea. how much trouble would it be to let the air out of it after its signed and aired back up after it is mailed? it would make for a smaller package and cant be any more expensive to ship then a flag or shirt.

pirate44
04-22-2006, 09:37 PM
and i nominate P4S to organize everthing. ill help pitch in for the price of the football

oh yeah, then it could bre auctioned off at the end of the season like the shirt was with the proceeds going toward the 3ADL

NHSRattler60
04-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Doing the dollar thing is like doing the

3adl Rocket Launcher.

I propose we do the 3adl Jersey. Or Helmet.

District303aPastPlayer
04-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Doing the dollar thing is like doing the

3adl Rocket Launcher.

I propose we do the 3adl Jersey. Or Helmet.

a jersey sounds good... but what kind... like a football one or just a jersey shirt

NHSRattler60
04-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Football of coarse :D

District303aPastPlayer
04-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Football of coarse :D

Complete with the Fantom of the DownLow logo

pirate4state
04-23-2006, 12:52 AM
and i nominate P4S to organize everthing. ill help pitch in for the price of the football
oh yeah, then it could bre auctioned off at the end of the season like the shirt was with the proceeds going toward the 3ADL Awww, thanks. :) Well, we still have some time to come up with some ideas. :nerd:

Aren't football jerseys expensive? It'd be cool if we could get one for super cheap and have 3ADownLow in the spot where the players name usually is. :thinking:

pirate4state
04-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Complete with the Fantom of the DownLow logo ummmmmmmm, NO :p

espn1
04-23-2006, 10:03 AM
I think the best thing to do is to set up a FEDEX account. Who ever wants the Item must RSVP at an earlier date by check, or take up donations. That way you could give them an account code each week, and simply write down the code and mail.
So since the ADMINS. are getting the big bucks, I think they need to step up to the plate.:D :D :D

NHSRattler60
04-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Depends on what you want...I have a couple of jerseys, my Navasota Jerseys and they were 60 dollars.

District303aPastPlayer
04-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Depends on what you want...I have a couple of jerseys, my Navasota Jerseys and they were 60 dollars.

i can talk to one of the guys here in town to see what one will go for...

Ranger Mom
04-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Did yall see the flag at the end of the season??

There is NO WAY you could get all those signatures on a football!

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2006, 09:17 AM
I like the idea of the blanket and also a jersey. If we decide on a jersey, I would think that a "generic" white jersey would be best, then adding DL info to it. It would also probably be considerably less money (and non-homer) than a "team" jersey.

pirate4state
04-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I like the idea of the blanket and also a jersey. If we decide on a jersey, I would think that a "generic" white jersey would be best, then adding DL info to it. It would also probably be considerably less money (and non-homer) than a "team" jersey. ITA.

pirate4state
04-24-2006, 02:20 PM
http://www.footballamerica.com/images/Jersey4thWhite.jpg

Found this on the web for $12.95. I can check with local embroidery place to find out what the cost for 3ADOWNLOW on the back would cost, but this looks like it might work. :thumbsup:

DaHop72
04-24-2006, 02:22 PM
http://www.footballamerica.com/images/Jersey4thWhite.jpg

Found this on the web for $12.95. I can check with local embroidery place to find out what the cost for 3ADOWNLOW on the back would cost, but this looks like it might work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NHSRattler60
04-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Indeed :)

pirate4state
04-24-2006, 02:44 PM
:nerd: I've ordered 2 jerseys, just in case. ;) I'm such a nerd when it comes to this kind of stuff. :nerd: :D :D

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2006, 02:47 PM
:nerd: I'm such a nerd when it comes to this kind of stuff. :nerd: :D :D
Yes, we know and agree. :nerd: :p :kiss:

(Good job, by the way. :thumbsup: )

pirate4state
04-24-2006, 02:53 PM
This is very rough and the year will have to be changed, but what do y'all think??

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/jerseylogo.jpg

OR do we stick with just 3A DOWNLOW on the back of the jersey?

Hurry football season!!! :D

Ranger Mom
04-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Is that mesh except for the shoulders??

If so, where are you gonna sign??

AP Panther Fan
04-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

If so, where are you gonna sign??

You might have just caused her to lose her lunch.....:eek: ;)

pirate4state
04-25-2006, 02:19 PM

If so, where are you gonna sign?? I don't know? I figured we could use a piece of a cardboard inside the jersey to keep the sharpie from bleeding through, but who knows?? Guess we'll find out when I get the jerseys next month. ;)

Ranger Mom
04-25-2006, 04:27 PM
I don't know? I figured we could use a piece of a cardboard inside the jersey to keep the sharpie from bleeding through, but who knows?? Guess we'll find out when I get the jerseys next month. ;)

It's holey..holy...it has HOLES in it. Very very difficult to sign...believe me, we already tried.

We got a jersey almost identical to that for one of the coaches when my kids were playing pee wee football....it didn't work. You weren't hardly able to read anything!!

pirate4state
04-25-2006, 04:59 PM
It's holey..holy...it has HOLES in it. Very very difficult to sign...believe me, we already tried.

We got a jersey almost identical to that for one of the coaches when my kids were playing pee wee football....it didn't work. You weren't hardly able to read anything!! :weeping: Well darn!!! I think I can still cancel my order. Back to the original idea, I guess. ;)

Gobbla2001
04-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Why don't we pay for jason to travel to the games... he is the most loved thing on this board...

AP Panther Fan
04-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Why don't we pay for jason to travel to the games... he is the most loved thing on this board...

there's another one of those hair-brained ideas.... ;) :D

NHSRattler60
04-28-2006, 06:11 AM
or get a jersey that's not AS Holes.....one that's more fabric than holes.

KingRob
04-29-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm kinda jealous that I can't do a meet and greet event, since I'm over here in Germany. However, I would buy a t-shirt if given the opportunity!! Gotta support the 3ADL!

Gobbla2001
04-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
I'm kinda jealous that I can't do a meet and greet event, since I'm over here in Germany. However, I would buy a t-shirt if given the opportunity!! Gotta support the 3ADL!

Can you send me some beer?

pirate4state
05-10-2006, 03:46 PM
The jerseys I ordered are out-of-stock. :( I guess it kinda works out since Ranger Mom said they were gonna be hard to sign. Any other ideas?

mustang04
05-10-2006, 03:54 PM
i still think a t-shirt idea would be cool...not for signatures...but for ppl who want a tshirt...would be awesome:thinking: