PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a Gander Mountain close by

lostaussie
04-21-2006, 10:27 AM
just got one built in Tyler and i'm going to check it out tomorrow. i was wondering how it compares to cabelas or basspro?

44INAROW
04-21-2006, 10:29 AM
I've heard of it, but never been to one. - My husband could spend an entire day in those kinds of stores ;)

big daddy russ
04-21-2006, 11:11 AM
There's one right around the corner from my Aunt's house in Houston, off 290 and Hwy. 6. Nowhere near as big as Bass Pro Shops, but much better than Academy or other "department store" outdoor shops. I've never been to a Cabela's, so I can't compare those two, but it's definitely fun to look around in there.

If you have the time, I think you'd be better off slipping over to Grapevine, but if not, Gander Mtn. will do just fine.

District303aPastPlayer
04-21-2006, 11:21 AM
baytown lee popped into my head first... then i opened the thread

Cardinalbb
04-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Beaumont

zeus63
04-21-2006, 02:28 PM
I didn't even know what it was. When I opened the thread I thought it was a Brokeback Mountain bashing thread.

lostaussie
04-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
There's one right around the corner from my Aunt's house in Houston, off 290 and Hwy. 6. Nowhere near as big as Bass Pro Shops, but much better than Academy or other "department store" outdoor shops. I've never been to a Cabela's, so I can't compare those two, but it's definitely fun to look around in there.

If you have the time, I think you'd be better off slipping over to Grapevine, but if not, Gander Mtn. will do just fine. i will be checking out gander mountain tomorrow. there is both a cabelas and a basspro in grapevine(around that vicinity). they are probably 15 miles apart. both great stores but i like cabelas the best.