PDA

View Full Version : For Myspace.com Haters

Gobbla2001
04-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Five Students Arrested in Alleged Threat

RIVERTON, Kan. (AP) - Five teenage boys accused of plotting to kill other students in a shooting rampage at their high school were arrested Thursday after details of the alleged scheme appeared on the Web site MySpace.com.

Sheriff's deputies found guns, ammunition, knives and coded messages in the bedroom of one of the suspects, Sheriff Steve Norman said.

Norman said he would ask prosecutors bring charges of conspiracy to commit murder against the young men, ages 16 to 18.

He said officials at Riverton High School began investigating on Tuesday after learning that a threatening message had been posted on MySpace.com.

The message discussed the significance of April 20, which is Adolf Hitler's birthday and the anniversary of the 1999 Columbine High School attack in Colorado, in which two students killed 13 people and committed suicide, the sheriff said.

``The message, it was brief, but it stated that there was going to be a shooting at the Riverton school and that people should wear bulletproof vest and flak jackets,'' Norman said.

School officials identified the student who posted the message and talked to several of his friends, Norman said.

Meanwhile, a woman in North Carolina who had chatted with one of the suspects on Myspace.com received a list of about a dozen potential victims and notified authorities in her state, who contacted the sheriff's department, Norman said.

Norman said that the potential victims were popular students and that the suspects may have been bullied.

``I think there was probably some bullying, name calling, chastising,'' he said.

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001/20060420/1626735799.htm&floc=NI-ne3

Astrosdawg07
04-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Man, that's crazy. I don't know though, we don't have any of those problems at Jasper High. No one is just bullied around...

MHSvarsity2007
04-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Man, that's crazy. I don't know though, we don't have any of those problems at Jasper High. No one is just bullied around...

nobody is bullied in merkel enough to make them want to go on a killing rampage...or at least i dont think so. :doh:

Cameron Crazy
04-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Everyone goes on rampages here like everyday!

Cameron Crazy
04-20-2006, 07:06 PM
JK LOL!!!

mustang04
04-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
nobody is bullied in merkel enough to make them want to go on a killing rampage...or at least i dont think so. :doh:

man..i was about to have a BAD BAD comeback....but i didnt wanna say it on an open forum...plus i know anyone from merkel would've been pissed if they read it haha

NHSRattler60
04-20-2006, 08:01 PM
a 4-20 is also cop code for possesion of Marijuana.

hence 4-20.

luvhoops34
04-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Good thing they posted their plans on myspace, where somebody found out what their intentions were. :D

MHSvarsity2007
04-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
man..i was about to have a BAD BAD comeback....but i didnt wanna say it on an open forum...plus i know anyone from merkel would've been pissed if they read it haha

thankfully you contained yourself.

District303aPastPlayer
04-21-2006, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
a 4-20 is also cop code for possesion of Marijuana.

hence 4-20.

actually its not :)

there was a bulletin that was poster earlier about it. i'll mail it to you :)

big daddy russ
04-21-2006, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Five Students Arrested in Alleged Threat
...Norman said that the potential victims were popular students and that the suspects may have been bullied.

``I think there was probably some bullying, name calling, chastising,'' he said.

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001/20060420/1626735799.htm&floc=NI-ne3
Are you kidding me? Just because they were bullied?

When I was in third grade I was one of the smallest kids in my class... got bullied plenty. When that happens, you either learn to stand up for yourself or back down to everyone. Sadly, most kids nowadays are taught that it's better to back down no matter what's happening.

My first fight came in third grade, after a couple of years of being bullied. That afternoon when I got home from school, my dad told me something that's stuck with me to this day. He said that most of those types of problems won't follow you if you just walk away, but there are a few that will. You have to learn to pick your fights, but stand up for yourself when you need to.

I walked up to the 'ringleader' that morning during recess, popped him in the mouth, tackled him, and went after it. Those guys never messed with me again, and we actually wound up becoming friends.

My old man told me he was wondering when I'd fight back. I'd been taking so much crap for all those years, and he was proud of me for standing up for myself. Just couldn't tell Momma that he said that to me.

Whether you agree with my dad or not, that's something that has stuck with me to this day and it's something I'll teach my future children. I believe there is a time and a place for fistacuffs, and a time and a place to just put someone in their place. I don't agree with fighting unless the problem won't go away any other way, but at the same time I don't think you should back down everytime someone tries to push you around, or you'll just keep letting it happen for the rest of your life. Sounds like these kids just needed to learn to stand up for themselves the right way, whether it was actually fighting or just saying something.

piratebg
04-21-2006, 07:21 AM
I saw on the news last night that Del Mar College in Corpus Christi has banned Myspace.com from all of their campus computers.

GOFOR2
04-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I saw on the news last night that Del Mar College in Corpus Christi has banned Myspace.com from all of their campus computers.

The problem is not MYSpace or any network that allows kids to openly express their opinions and views. The problem is with the individual and people who have neglected these forsaken souls, that feel they have to resort to violence, or extreme measures, in order to be heard or be taken seriously. This young generation of kids needs far more attention that other generations, mosltly because this is the age of multi media. More and more televisions and other media are baby sitting kids, and more and more parents are spending less and less time with their kids.

District303aPastPlayer
04-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
The problem is not MYSpace or any network that allows kids to openly express their opinions and views. The problem is with the individual and people who have neglected these forsaken souls, that feel they have to resort to violence, or extreme measures, in order to be heard or be taken seriously. This young generation of kids needs far more attention that other generations, mosltly because this is the age of multi media. More and more televisions and other media are baby sitting kids, and more and more parents are spending less and less time with their kids.

church!!