PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield Lady Cats win Nationals...

Bobkat
06-09-2003, 04:21 PM
Hey guys I know this is a football board, but wanted to acknowledge the accomplishment of some very hard working young ladies. Orangefield's Little Dribbler Senior Division team (13-14yr old girls) just won the National tournament in Levelland/Lubbock this past week. I'm very happy to have been a coach on this team that beat it's opponents by an average of 20pts a game throughout the tourney. Great job ladies and Lady Cat basketball definetly has a bright future.
eek! :) :D

big daddy russ
06-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Congratulations, Orangefield. And hey, Bobkat, I don't mind if you throw in some good news like that every now and then. I love hearing about that kinda stuff.

Old Cardinal
06-09-2003, 09:30 PM
That is just great-I love to hear of the accomplishments of any youth. That National Championship take real dedication....

Bobkat
06-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Thanks Big Daddy and Old Cardinal, these girls definetly deserved it. They worked they're tails off for it, so thanks for the kind words. Expect to see 2 or 3 of these young ladies starting on our varsity next year as freshmen, they're that good. And our varsity won 20 games this past season, so the future looks really bright in Bobcat land. Hopefully they can bring home a state championship sometime in the near future. Just one more note of interest, to let you know how good this group plays together, these 8th graders are playing in the local Varsity summer league. They've lost two games, both against West Orange's varsity, a playoff team in 4A last year. West Orange beat them in overtime last time they played, but we've beat every other varsity team in the area. Great job Ladies!!!

Old Cardinal
06-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Wow, you folks are serious! I know that H-J had a good group of 7th graders in summer bracket ball, do you know how they ended up in the league play?

<small>[ June 10, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Bobkat
06-10-2003, 04:16 PM
H-J finished 2nd at our regional tournament, so they to advanced to Nationals. I believe they finished 6th this year at Nationals.