PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer QB and UIL have Breakfast in Waco

Haunta Yo
04-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Q: Where's the best place to eat breakfast tomorrow?
A: 1401 S. New Road in Waco

UIL hearing officer to preside over State Executive Committee hearing AUSTIN — A hearing of the University Interscholastic League will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 20 at 1401 S. New Road in Waco.

The case, referred to the UIL Hearing Officer by the UIL State Executive Committee, involves the eligibility of a student athlete from Gilmer High School.

Tomorrow's meeting is an open meeting, and all interested parties are welcome to attend.

lostaussie
04-19-2006, 08:44 PM
you beat me to it by like 30 seconds:D

Haunta Yo
04-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Think they'll have donughts?

LH Panther Mom
04-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Think they'll have donughts?
:clap: :clap: :doh:

lepfan
04-19-2006, 11:25 PM

STANG RED
04-20-2006, 07:02 AM
I usually hate meetings, but that is one I'd like to set in on.
I think a downlower from the area should go and set in on it, and give us all a report. Any Waco area downlowers want to volunteer?

GreenMonster
04-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I usually hate meetings, but that is one I'd like to set in on.
I think a downlower from the area should go and set in on it, and give us all a report. Any Waco area downlowers want to volunteer?

SHANE!!!!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS ONE.

ILS1
04-20-2006, 08:39 AM
A: 1401 S. New Road in Waco

I know the Waco ISD Stadium is located on New Road.

:thinking:

44INAROW
04-20-2006, 08:48 AM
I hope everyone who went wore their rubber boots, cause I have a feeling the bull**** will be running deep :eek:

mrescape43
04-20-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I hope everyone who went wore their rubber boots, cause I have a feeling the bull**** will be running deep :eek:

I think you hit the nail on the head on this one. May be deep enough to justify SCBA! LOL

Black_Magic
04-20-2006, 09:02 AM
I hope everyone who went wore their rubber boots, cause I have a feeling the bull**** will be running deep :eek: A can of worms is about to be opened.:rolleyes:

44INAROW
04-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
A can of worms is about to be opened.:rolleyes:

that can has long been open........ I just made a comment

LH Panther Mom
04-20-2006, 09:10 AM
I hope everyone who went wore their rubber boots
Or hip waders.... ;)

lostaussie
04-20-2006, 09:12 AM
everybody acts like a kid trying to play football is a bad thing. we will see how it turns out. i hope he gets to play. but if he doesn't it certainly will not be the demise of buckeye football. remember, whatever side you are on, we are talking about a kid whos FATHER GOT SHOT at the school he used to be attending. think about that and think about what if that was your kid.

Black_Magic
04-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
everybody acts like a kid trying to play football is a bad thing. we will see how it turns out. i hope he gets to play. but if he doesn't it certainly will not be the demise of buckeye football. remember, whatever side you are on, we are talking about a kid whos FATHER GOT SHOT at the school he used to be attending. think about that and think about what if that was your kid. NO doubt he has the right to move.. But I think Moving to a town that far away specificaly to play for a certain team is maybe the problem these folks have with it. Is there no other High School closer to where he was? I dont know all the facts so It just a question.

44INAROW
04-20-2006, 09:22 AM
everybody acts like a kid trying to play football is a bad thing. we will see how it turns out. i hope he gets to play. but if he doesn't it certainly will not be the demise of buckeye football. remember, whatever side you are on, we are talking about a kid whos FATHER GOT SHOT at the school he used to be attending. think about that and think about what if that was your kid.
I understand all that, I am not starting a big ole argument, I just stand by my original comments from a while back,, as a mother, if I was CONCERNED for my child's safety, I would have moved a LONG TIME AGO and FURTHER AWAY and whatever coach stayed or left would have NOTHING to do with my decision, and I would have TAKEN my son's name, address and phone # off the internet website with that is in HIS name. It was a terrible thing that happened to his father, I do not disagree with that. I couldn't care less if or where he plays - I just think. nevermind, I better not say what I think...........

lostaussie
04-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
NO doubt he has the right to move.. But I think Moving to a town that far away specificaly to play for a certain team is maybe the problem these folks have with it. Is there no other High School closer to where he was? I dont know all the facts so It just a question. i don't know this kid from adam . but i know if my kid was a tennis star and for some unknown reason i had to move to a different place, i certainly wouldn't move to a school with a bad tennis program. it's like some people wanted him to move to a class A program that did not have a football program. that's not how it happens in the real world, whether we like it or not. i have talked to several coaches and administrators that have said point blank---------"if he lives in the district (which he now does) with a parent (which he does) then this is a done deal." it is not against the law to move. i personally thing Gilmer asked for this just to get it over with, however i do not know that to be the case.

Black_Magic
04-20-2006, 09:42 AM
i don't know this kid from adam . but i know if my kid was a tennis star and for some unknown reason i had to move to a different place, i certainly wouldn't move to a school with a bad tennis program. it's like some people wanted him to move to a class A program that did not have a football program. that's not how it happens in the real world, whether we like it or not. i have talked to several coaches and administrators that have said point blank---------"if he lives in the district (which he now does) with a parent (which he does) then this is a done deal." it is not against the law to move. i personally thing Gilmer asked for this just to get it over with, however i do not know that to be the case. Well the Problem I see him running into is Where he moved and WHY he moved. it does not take a rocket scienticst to conect the dots especialy with the reasoning MOM gave for why he moved to gilmer.... I belive she stuck her foot in her mouth if she said what is aldged about why she moved him to Gilmer. It would not be an issue if you didnt have comments or public remarks to screw the deal up. Mum needed to remember MUM is the word on this deal and not comment.

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2006, 09:43 AM
I understand all that, I am not starting a big ole argument, I just stand by my original comments from a while back,, as a mother, if I was CONCERNED for my child's safety, I would have moved a LONG TIME AGO and FURTHER AWAY and whatever coach stayed or left would have NOTHING to do with my decision, and I would have TAKEN my son's name, address and phone # off the internet website with that is in HIS name. It was a terrible thing that happened to his father, I do not disagree with that. I couldn't care less if or where he plays - I just think. nevermind, I better not say what I think...........

Don't worry....your support group is here for you.;) Unfortunately, I think many of us will be dissappointed with the outcome of this. As someone signed on and said weeks ago, "it's a done deal"....I would be willing to bet that person was in the know and very close to the situation....

Do I agree with it...NO, NOT BASED ON WHAT I HAVE HEARD

Is Life or the UIL "fair".... NOT ALWAYS!

JMO!

pirate4state
04-20-2006, 10:12 AM

:clap: :clap: Go on girl and speak your mind that's what we are all about!!! :D :evillaugh :D

JasperDog94
04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
With all the evidence I've heard via the mom, the website, etc..., if the UIL clears him to play, then they should never EVER block a student transfer based on athletic reasons.

Bullaholic
04-20-2006, 11:17 AM
After having read a lot of posts on the G.J. Kinne transfer....here's my current opinion. G.J. Kinne has (3) choices for highschools to attend: (1) Canton (2) Waco, where his father lives or (3) Gilmer, where his mother lives. He has chosen Gilmer. If no case can be made that his choice was the result of some contact with anyone in the Gilmer ISD for athletic recruitment purposes---I think the UIL will allow the transfer to stand, especially when the safety issue and the national attention of his father's shooting incident are considered. It is going to be hard to prove that this move was for athletic reasons under these circumstances---regardless of a lot of conjecture.

Ranger Mom
04-20-2006, 11:23 AM
I think what is in question though is WHY did the mom move to Gilmer? When the dad was injured, she didn't move FROM Gilmer to Canton and then back to Gilmer again.

JasperDog94
04-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
...If no case can be made that his choice was the result of some contact with anyone in the Gilmer ISD for athletic recruitment purposes---I think the UIL will allow the transfer to stand... Here's the problem with that arguement. The rule doesn't say that you have to be recruited. The rule is about transferring for athletic purposes. Gilmer, as far as I've heard, has done nothing wrong. The problem lies with the statements of the mother. I just don't see how any clear thinking person can think this move was not for athletic purposes.

Think with your head, not your heart.

Bullaholic
04-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think what is in question though is WHY did the mom move to Gilmer? When the dad was injured, she didn't move FROM Gilmer to Canton and then back to Gilmer again.

True, Rm. There are actions and quotes by the mom which would give rise to questions, but if there is no hard evidence that this transfer was for athletic reasons, if the "safety" issue is brought into consideration in this case, and there is no objection from Canton---I don't see how the UIL can block the transfer. I have no dog in this "hunt"....this is just my "gut" feeling at this time.

Bullaholic
04-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Here's the problem with that arguement. The rule doesn't say that you have to be recruited. The rule is about transferring for athletic purposes. Gilmer, as far as I've heard, has done nothing wrong. The problem lies with the statements of the mother. I just don't see how any clear thinking person can think this move was not for athletic purposes.

Think with your head, not your heart.

Very true, JDog....but there is a great deal of difference between "proving" the motivation and "suspecting" the motivation in this high profile case, especially with the "safety" argument in existence. Again, I have no "dog" in this hunt...I am just trying to give an opinion on how this will end.

Ranger Mom
04-20-2006, 11:42 AM
I agree with both of the above. BUT...if ever I decided I might wanna move my kids for athletic purposes, then I think I might pay some kids to threaten him/her....etc...and then I will have to safety issue to fall back on.

I am not making light of the situation with Coach Kinne, but can you see where I am going with this?

I think this is gonna set a precedent!!

Bullaholic
04-20-2006, 11:51 AM
I agree with both of the above. BUT...if ever I decided I might wanna move my kids for athletic purposes, then I think I might pay some kids to threaten him/her....etc...and then I will have to safety issue to fall back on.

I am not making light of the situation with Coach Kinne, but can you see where I am going with this?

I think this is gonna set a precedent!!

I agree, RM, and I think there are probably a lot of folks who feel the same way, but, as we know, only the UIL's ruling counts. This may be like a case in our judicial system when nobody in the country doubts the guilt of a defendant, but a lawyer finds a legal proceeding violation, and the judge is compelled to let the defendant go free.

wos fan1
04-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Any word on the outcome yet?

Ranger Mom
04-20-2006, 11:56 AM
What's sad about is this, if Gilmer DOES go on and win the State Championship (and we all know how good they were in the first place)...the championship will have a "black mark" on it that will never go away.

I feel sorry for the Gilmer players....no matter what they do this season...it will be under a black cloud of suspicion and doubt.

wos fan1
04-20-2006, 11:57 AM
I agree! I know they are going Divsion 1 though.

Haunta Yo
04-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Any word on the outcome yet?

UIL RULES G.J. KINNE IS ELIGIBLE AT GILMER HIGH SCHOOL...

A University Interscholastic League's Hearing Officer has ruled G.J. Kinne is eligible to play extracurricular activities at Gilmer High School.

The hearing was held today in Waco, and requested by the UIL's State Executive Committee.

Gilmer I.S.D. was represented by superintendent Rick Albritton, and athletic director/head football coach Jeff Traylor.

G.J. Kinne's father, Gary Joe Kinne was also present.

Kinne, an all-state quarterback, transferred from Canton to Gilmer in late-March.

Today's hearing was necessary because the District 13-3A Executive Committee was deadlocked 2-2 in regards to Kinne's eligibility at Gilmer High School.

Superintendents from Mineola and Pittsburg voted against Kinne's eligibility, while superintendents from Gladewater and Sabine voted for his eligibility.

The hearing officer ruled in favor of Kinne's eligibility because he met three important requirements:

1) The Carter family had established residency in Gilmer ISD.
2) Canton ISD signed Kinne's PAP Transfer Papers.
3) Hearing officer ruled Kinne left Canton for safety reasons.

tdsteele
04-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Apparently, should they go on to have a deep run in the playoffs, the only black marks will be on their opponents. I can see it now........"gee whiz, we got beat 53-3 but if they didn't have the Kinne kid, we could have held them to 43."

JasperDog94
04-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by tdsteele
Apparently, should they go on to have a deep run in the playoffs, the only black marks will be on their opponents. I can see it now........"gee whiz, we got beat 53-3 but if they didn't have the Kinne kid, we could have held them to 43." The thing is we'll never know.

lostaussie
04-20-2006, 01:40 PM
What's sad about is this, if Gilmer DOES go on and win the State Championship (and we all know how good they were in the first place)...the championship will have a "black mark" on it that will never go away.

I feel sorry for the Gilmer players....no matter what they do this season...it will be under a black cloud of suspicion and doubt. so untrue. they are very hard to come by. do you think that IF they win it, they will care what someone from another town says. jmho.

lostaussie
04-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo

Today's hearing was necessary because the District 13-3A Executive Committee was deadlocked 2-2 in regards to Kinne's eligibility at Gilmer High School.

Superintendents from Mineola and Pittsburg voted against Kinne's eligibility, while superintendents from Gladewater and Sabine voted for his eligibility.

pittsburg will not be in our district next year. mineola probably made a bad mistake. gladewater saved themselves some undue misery. and sabine wouldn't have mattered either way:D