PDA

View Full Version : Rant About A Local Driver

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-19-2006, 01:54 AM
It was about 3:30 P.M. and I had just gotten finished dropping my roommate off at the airport to attend the funeral, the second of which he has had to attend in the last week, of his departed Grandmother in Louisiana. I was almost back from the trip to the airport when all of the sudden there is an aluminum ladder in the middle of the lane I just so happen to be in. As i attempted to swerve and miss it, the darned thing reaches out and grabbedmy tire as it would have seemed. Im pretty sure I had the biggest truck on the island of O'ahu following me and nearly get killed. I managed to avoid a major accident by slowing down gradually and getting to the side of the road unharmed. After making my short venture to the side of the road, I have a violent episode of "colorful expletives," and then call my insurance to get a tow-truck out to tow my car to get it repaired and checked out. After calling my insurance company and finding out Im going to have to wait an hour an a half until the tow truck can arrive at my location, which was roughly 300 yards from the place I bought it from, I get out to find my tire basically demolished. I wasnt too sure if anything else had happend to it so I decided I was gonna have the professionals look at it. Shortly, maybe two or three minutes had passed and a police officer stopped to assist me if need-be. I give him my liscence, registration, and insurance and he goes back to his motorcycle and starts filling out his police report. The individual (who dropped the ladder, who happened to be a construction worker that works with ladders daily I would think, securing to his work truck and unsecuring to use everday which is part of his job that he actually gets paid money to do, forgot to do something, like oh...I dont know TIE DOWN HIS "insert colorful expeltive here" LADDER.) stopped and gave the officer his information. Ath this point it was good for him to not come back to my car, given my current state of anger coupled with my angering quickly to extreme extents for reasons unspecified recently, he might have ended up somewhere he didnt want to be yet and I would have ended up in federal-pound-rear end-prison. To finish the story I had to rent a car and pay my own money for this idiot's mistake. I have calmed down quite a bit and can think a little clearer now, and guess the only two really good things that happened were that no one was injured at all and that he came back to get his ladder and give the police officer his information, but more so to get his ladder.

p.s.......thinking deeply and mischieviously inside my head.......maybe the ladder is broken and he will fall and get scuffed up a bit the next time he uses the ladder.......one can only hope.:evillaugh :evillaugh:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

3afan
04-19-2006, 05:58 AM
shouldnt your, or his, insurance pay for a rent car?