PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so I'm confused...

kepdawg
04-18-2006, 10:03 PM
THIS IS NOT MINE - I GOT IT FROM ANOTHER BOARD.

It seemed like something some of you might get a kick out of.

Okay, I'm confused... (http://indiana.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1402&mid=72392273&sid=&tid=72392273&style=2&Reset=1)

I know, it happens all the time.

Nova's program tonight is how the sun is growing dimmer, which means, I guess, that it's gonna get colder.

But Al Gore stands in New York a couple years ago on the coldest day in New York history and says we've got global warming.

Now yesterday, the BBC said global warming is overblown, that it may not be happening.

Last year, tree cores showed the Middle Ages were much warmer than now.

Michael Crichton shows temp and CO2 tables which purport to show no correlation between global temps and CO2 levels from past data.

And Tom Cruise wants to eat his kid. Or was it the glob which formed the kid?

I don't get it. Is everybody nuts? Is it possible Mad Cow Disease has been with us for a long time and is contagious?

We complain about high gas prices, yet gas is cheaper than water, everybody else in the world pays more for gas than we do, and our state and federal governments tax the hell out of gas. Then, when they decide they haven't charged us enough for gasoline, they decide umpteen different formulations are necessary for different states, even though air moves and the air from each state goes somewhere else. It's said we need more refineries, but environmental and Congressional rules won't let us build them. We need more oil, but we can't drill where the oil is. We need more alternative fuels, but again, we can't build them because of environmental rules, the problems with waste and the regulatory process.

And these paradoxes are happening everywhere.

The poor say the rich don't pay enough income taxes, yet it's only the rich who pay taxes, if you buy the poor's definition of who's rich.

All the minorities, women and old people are protected from discrimination, so the first people laid off are young, white males. Gee is it any wonder white males are doing worse in school than women?

We're in a war where the other side can do anything they want to you -- blow you up, burn you in the streets, cut off your genitals -- whether or not you're military or civilian, male, female or child. But we shouldn't listen to their conversations, make them do dumb stuff or hurt them, even if doing so might save a whole bunch of lives.

We lament the movement of jobs overseas, yet we want to drive foreign cars. We want to drive foreign cars because the quality of American cars can't compare. But the people who built those lousy cars are the same ones who get hurt by foreign competition and they don't like it.

We say employers can't hire illegal aliens, but if they do, despite the fact they may be criminally prosecuted for doing so, they can't fire them.

A French company (Alcatel) buys an American company (Lucent) and says layoffs will be necessary but they'll be fair. But French companies can't lay off French workers.

The United Nations, supposedly the world's watchguard and sanity check, turns out to be one of the most corrupt organizations on earth.

We say emergency rooms must treat illegal aliens even if they can't pay. Which means we pay for them.

I am so confused. No wonder Tom Cruise went nutz. We ARE Mad Cow Disease.

LH Panther Mom
04-18-2006, 10:08 PM
:confused: :confused: :clap: :clap:

big daddy russ
04-18-2006, 10:45 PM
LOL. I took a geology class a few years back which said that part of global warming has to do with the fact that we're on the downside of the last ice age. We're actually still in it, but as the cycle continues the earth's climate should continue to warm over the next few milleniums, until the entire earth is as warm as is was during the Cretaceous (back when the dinosaurs were still here).