10. Valley View 21-3

:D :D

lostaussie
04-18-2006, 08:31 PM
2. Carthage 20-2
3. Lindale 21-3
4. Gladewater 20-3
5. Lufkin Hudson 18-6
i would say east texas seems to be doing fairly well!!!!!!

BreckTxLonghorn
04-18-2006, 08:35 PM
I definitely think Breck deserves to be top 10, but considering Iowa Park's record is close, and they gave Breck the only two losses, Iowa Park should be in there too.

District303aPastPlayer
04-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Pharr Valley View?

Adidas410s
04-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I definitely think Breck deserves to be top 10, but considering Iowa Park's record is close, and they gave Breck the only two losses, Iowa Park should be in there too.
yeah...they don't even drop when they lose! That's messed up

Pmoney
04-18-2006, 08:44 PM
hmmm i havent seen Snyder in the top 10 the whole season :thinking:.....they are good enough to be in my opinion

hutex04
04-18-2006, 09:11 PM
valley view? i thought they were 2a???

GWOOD
04-18-2006, 09:37 PM

Iowa Park's Losses:

Wichita Falls (4A)
Burkburnett (4A)
Mansfield (5A)
Midland Lee JV (OK, this was not a good loss. But, I saw this game. Midland Lee JV was playing out of their heads)
Wichita Falls Rider (4A)

They also have beaten Wichita Falls twice since that first loss to them. They have also beat 4A Amariloo Caprock.

They are 17-5. Have beat Breckenridge both games.

GWOOD
04-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
valley view? i thought they were 2a???

Pharr Valley View is ranked #7 among Rio Grande Valley schools. This includes all the 5A and 4A schools. They have been doing great and then lost last Monday to Port Isabel who was a .500 team. Therefore, move them into the top 10.

GreenMonster
04-18-2006, 10:41 PM

The voters must be
:crazy:

mrescape43
04-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
hmmm i havent seen Snyder in the top 10 the whole season :thinking:.....they are good enough to be in my opinion

I believe Snyder will be there in the end. A majority of their losses came from errors which they appear to have overcame.

neck_06
04-19-2006, 07:51 AM
rankings still don't matter come playoff time.

Johnnypaycheck
04-19-2006, 08:02 AM
rankings only matter in college football...

EricDraven
04-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney

Agree with that.

pancho villa
04-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
rankings only matter in college football...

Yeah, if i gave a **** about baseball.

mrescape43
04-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Yeah, if i gave a **** about baseball.

Hey JR Chief! If you don't give a **** about baseball then keep your useless immature posts on this subject to yourself.

neck_06
04-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Hey JR Chief! If you don't give a **** about baseball then keep your useless immature posts to yourself.

ooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pancho villa
04-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Hey JR Chief! If you don't give a **** about baseball then keep your useless immature posts on this subject to yourself.

That hurt my feelings.

raider red 2000
04-19-2006, 08:46 AM
pancho it will be ok.

those dirt waterers get their feelings hurt....stand around ball sure is getting exciting :)

neck_06
04-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
That hurt my feelings.

awww...........it will be ok.............;)

hawkfan
04-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Iowa Park's Losses:

Wichita Falls (4A)
Burkburnett (4A)
Mansfield (5A)
Midland Lee JV (OK, this was not a good loss. But, I saw this game. Midland Lee JV was playing out of their heads)
Wichita Falls Rider (4A)

They also have beaten Wichita Falls twice since that first loss to them. They have also beat 4A Amariloo Caprock.

And weren't those loses to Burk And WFHS during basketball playoffs? I know most of the baseball team was still on the court at that time.

neck_06
04-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
And weren't those loses to Burk And WFHS during basketball playoffs? I know most of the baseball team was still on the court at that time.

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

quit whining, rankings don't matter. just show 'em all what you got in the playoffs

GWOOD
04-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
rankings still don't matter come playoff time.

neck_06 & others,

Isn't this a given?

Not sure why it bugs you so much for people to talk about the top teams in the state--who might be/who might not/who's going to be the surprises.

I know some people really get bent out of shape if their team gets overlooked but they are a minority. Too bad for them.

Most of us who like to talk about this just really like baseball or use it to compare how their team stacks up or something like that. A lot of folks on here are often overly optimistic about their team and their ability. I appreciate optimistic and hopeful people. I don't run into many of them.

Personally, I always enjoyed baseball more when there were people who loved what is going on in high school baseball as opposed to being apathetic towards it.

neck_06
04-19-2006, 09:11 AM
neck_06 & others,

Isn't this a given?

Not sure why it bugs you so much for people to talk about the top teams in the state--who might be/who might not/who's going to be the surprises.

I know some people really get bent out of shape if their team gets overlooked but they are a minority. Too bad for them.

Most of us who like to talk about this just really like baseball or use it to compare how their team stacks up or something like that. A lot of folks on here are often overly optimistic about their team and their ability. I appreciate optimistic and hopeful people. I don't run into many of them.

Personally, I always enjoyed baseball more when there were people who loved what is going on in high school baseball as opposed to being apathetic towards it.

just stating the facts.

EricDraven
04-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Rankings shmankings. How many #1 seeds made the Final Four.
How many "#1 Teams" go wire to wire and win it all?

GWOOD
04-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by EricDraven
Rankings shmankings. How many #1 seeds made the Final Four.
How many "#1 Teams" go wire to wire and win it all?

How many people fill out brackets and make predictions regardless that it makes no difference to the outcome.

hawkfan
04-19-2006, 09:19 AM
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

quit whining, rankings don't matter. just show 'em all what you got in the playoffs

IP won't have any problems with that. Trust me.

GWOOD
04-19-2006, 09:21 AM
just stating the facts.

Just stating the obvious.

EricDraven
04-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Here's a fact: Vikings considered belching after a meal a compliment.

raider red 2000
04-19-2006, 10:06 AM
prove it

EricDraven
04-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Quote from Inmar Gurenstrued "Oot da uncha beclha ver meala guden tach" The Viking Diaries, 1483.

raider red 2000
04-19-2006, 10:32 AM
sure

EricDraven
04-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Hey, it's documented!

RMAC
04-19-2006, 10:54 AM
How many people fill out brackets and make predictions regardless that it makes no difference to the outcome.

and you have 1UP'd everyone else with that one. lol...great stuff! :)

neck_06
04-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
IP won't have any problems with that. Trust me.

good.

RMAC
04-19-2006, 12:01 PM
I think Breck will do good in the playoffs until they lose the coin flip and get a 3-game series. This won't be good for them as they only have Heatley who can throw and from what I've heard nobody else. Even if they win the first game, I would imagine that the players for the other team will have his speed and their timing down by the time game 3 roles around at which point, it could get ugly for the Bucks.

GWOOD
04-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I think Breck will do good in the playoffs until they lose the coin flip and get a 3-game series. This won't be good for them as they only have Heatley who can throw and from what I've heard nobody else. Even if they win the first game, I would imagine that the players for the other team will have his speed and their timing down by the time game 3 roles around at which point, it could get ugly for the Bucks.

Breckenridge may not get tested for a couple of rounds. They have already secured the 2nd place spot in 5-3A. They will play the third place team in 6-3A. Right now, Pilot Point, Sanger, and Whitesboro are all tied for 2nd place. Breck should easily take this series, whoever it is.

If they win the first round they will play the 1st place team from District 8, which will probably be Glen Rose. I think Breckenridge will take them. After that, they would likely get Bowie, who is leading District 6-3A. That would be a great series.

Macarthur
04-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Iowa Park's Losses:

Wichita Falls (4A)
Burkburnett (4A)
Mansfield (5A)
Wichita Falls Rider (4A)

Just a couple more notes on the IP record. That game against Midland's JV was a tourney game that had no affect on their pool play so they played many reserves. They won that tourney. Those losses to Burk & WFHS were before basketball was over and they have beaten Old High since. Not sure they would beat Burk cause they are pretty good. So basically their two significant losses were to a 5A school and the #2 team in 4A. If Breck deserves to be there, how can you exclude IP?

RMAC
04-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by RMAC

Look at Dumbo...always ripping off my thoughts!

Cameron Crazy
04-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Dont rip off RMAC'S thoughts

VWG
04-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Decatur is looking strong this year.
Who is coming out on top in the Perryton/Canyon district?

GWOOD
04-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Decatur is looking strong this year.
Who is coming out on top in the Perryton/Canyon district?

As of last Thursday they were tied at 4-1. Haven't been able to find a Perryton/Borger score from last Friday. Canyon was open.
They play this Friday though. Perryton won the first time they played, 7-6.

Decatur was on a roll and then lost to non-district foe Sanger 5-3 on Saturday. Sometimes coaches of really good teams start their #3 pitcher when they can get in an extra game late in the season to get him ready for playoffs. Don't know if they happened or not but it might explain the loss.