PDA

View Full Version : I don't like plumbers today.....

AP Panther Fan
04-18-2006, 11:41 AM
I have been dealing with this plumber here at work for 2 days! I don't speak plumbing and I don't think he speaks english....but that is beside the point.

He comes over yesterday from Corpus (30 minutes) looks at it and says he will have to order a part and come back. He comes back today with the wrong part, goes back to Corpus, comes back to AP and finally fixes the darn men's urinal at the other end of our building..(like I really care that men need a urinal)....

anyway, now he is going to charge us for 3.5 hours yesterday and 5.5 hours today at approximately $70/hour...it's obviously not my money I am spending BUT GEEZ...I think I am being ripped off, violated etc....

I just spent $315.00 for him to drive to/from Corpus 3 times and call around for what he said was 1.5 hours to get the part. The actual repair took 4.5 (HE SAID) hours and THAT is being generous! :mad:

Hope we don't have any plumbers on here.......

MAJOR OWCHI!

pirate4state
04-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan on 4-18-2006
..(like I really care that men need a urinal).... LMAO!! Here is your plumber: http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/flush.gif

AP Panther Fan
04-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/flush.gif

uh-oh....

Look out folks!!! :eek:

Now you know why I have been so darn pre-occupied! He spent 30 minutes reassuring me that he doesn't make any more money for charging me more hours! I probably just paid extra for that 30 minute explanation! :mad:

pirate4state
04-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Now you know why I have been so darn pre-occupied! He spent 30 minutes reassuring me that he doesn't make any more money for charging me more hours! I probably just paid extra for that 30 minute explanation! :mad:

LMAO!!!

Ranger Mom
04-18-2006, 12:00 PM
I found out just this morning that the girl who works in housekeeping actually DOES speak English.

She has been cleaning our offices for at least 3 years and I never knew. I heard her talking to the Building Manager....she got on the elevator with me and I said, "I didn't know you spoke English"....she said, "yeah, sometimes it's easier to act like I don't, that way people don't ask so much of me"!

I was kinda taken aback for moment....I didn't ask anything of her but sent her away with a message to the building manager..."Why the heck are we using John Wayne toiler paper all the sudden??"

EricDraven
04-18-2006, 12:01 PM
I may start trying that!

AP Panther Fan
04-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LMAO!! Here is your plumber: http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/flush.gif

I can't see your picture.:( I hope it was one of those fat, ugly, butt-crack showing dudes...even though my plumber didn't look like that.;)

AP Panther Fan
04-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I found out just this morning that the girl who works in housekeeping actually DOES speak English.

She has been cleaning our offices for at least 3 years and I never knew. I heard her talking to the Building Manager....she got on the elevator with me and I said, "I didn't know you spoke English"....she said, "yeah, sometimes it's easier to act like I don't, that way people don't ask so much of me"!

I was kinda taken aback for moment....I didn't ask anything of her but sent her away with a message to the building manager..."Why the heck are we using John Wayne toiler paper all the sudden??"

Okay, I'll ask.....what is John Wayne toilet paper? Be gentle on me, it has been a stressful day. :D

EricDraven
04-18-2006, 12:06 PM
"Rough and tough and doesn't take s*** off of anybody"

AP Panther Fan
04-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by EricDraven
"Rough and tough and doesn't take s*** off of anybody"

Okay, you made me smile...it might be a good day after all!:)

EricDraven
04-18-2006, 12:11 PM
it's a great day! SPring in the air. Fish are bitin'. What more could you ask for?

piratebg
04-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by EricDraven
it's a great day! SPring in the air. Fish are bitin'. What more could you ask for?

Quilted Northern or Charmin?

AP Panther Fan
04-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Quilted Northern or Charmin?

w/aloe....:cool:

EricDraven
04-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Explain scented toilet paper to me. My girlfriend buys it and I just don't understand. I mean, you're gonna wipe your....anyway.

piratebg
04-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Scented toilet paper doesn't make much sense to me either. A Glade Plub In, candels, or even scented trash bags make more sense. JMO

EricDraven
04-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Or a good cigar!

SintonFan_inAustin
04-18-2006, 01:18 PM
if it helps a little i just charge a plumbling company 135.00 an hour for labor and 324.00 for parts for their Fax Machine. The driving back and forth is a ripped off. Its his fault for not gettting the right part the first time:)

raider red 2000
04-18-2006, 01:21 PM
i need to become a plumber...i can kill time like the best of em.

i wouldnt pay for the time it took him to check it out the first time....nor would i pay for his time to go get the right part....he screwed up.

just my .02

STANG RED
04-18-2006, 01:25 PM
You only have to know 4 things to be a plumber.
1. Hots on the left
2. Colds on the right
3. $hi! runs down hill
4. Dont bite your finger nails

Thats an old construction trash joke.
I guess yall know what I am now.

DaHop72
04-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
1. Hots on the left
2. Colds on the right
3. $hi! runs down hill
4. Dont bite your finger nails :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

piratebg
04-18-2006, 01:26 PM
And no matter what, despite how big of an urge you have, do not lick the rubber end of a plunger.

AP Panther Fan
04-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
1. Hots on the left
2. Colds on the right
3. $hi! runs down hill
4. Dont bite your finger nails

Thats an old construction trash joke.
I guess yall know what I am now.

Are you a plumber? Geez, I could have probably paid less even with you driving all the way from Sweetwater. :D

I did enjoy your 4 handy things to remember!:cool:

STANG RED
04-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Are you a plumber? Geez, I could have probably paid less even with you driving all the way from Sweetwater. :D

I did enjoy your 4 handy things to remember!:cool:

No No No!!! But I guess I do qualify as construction trash. I have been an electrician for 27+ years. I mainly do large commercial and industrial jobs.

Small service jobs are always a pain, because someone is always complaining. j/k :D