PDA

View Full Version : Prayer worldwide

Old Cardinal
03-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Someone has started a worldwide prayer effort for 3-3-03 at 3:03 pm, today. Let us pray that the Dictator of Iraq will go into exile! I would like a special prayer for "Big Red 01", my son, who is a Combat Engineer, for the 82nd Airborne- Paratroopers. He was a Marine back in Desert Storm. Every year, if he can, he takes his vacation to come home and see a few Bridge City football games, in the fall. He also enjoys 3A down low conversations, when he has the time.

Chris Hart
03-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Old Cardinal, your son is in my prayers as well as the rest of our armed forces, and this country's leaders. May God's will be done!

<small>[ March 03, 2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

Phil C
03-03-2003, 05:43 PM
Mine too Old.

sinton66
03-03-2003, 08:00 PM
Big Red 01 will stay in my prayers as will all other members of our armed forces going into harm's way. God Bless and keep them one and all.

Old Dog
03-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Old Card....roger on those prayer requests! Did not know your son was involved; thanks for the heads up. Times like these sure bring folks together in their concerns over things that really matter.

Also old card, did you see the latest Sports Illustrated with the short article on Steve Worster? Remember you discussed him a while back and some of the younger posters didn't know who he was!

Billy Boy
03-03-2003, 09:10 PM
My prayers are with all the men and women of the armed forces. May GOD bless each and everyone.

Old Cardinal
03-03-2003, 11:10 PM
To Old Dog: No I did not know about the Sports Ill. article, will try to locate it...That is interesting in that you called him Steve Worster instead of Wooster. His actual real name is Stephen Worster on his birth certificate. His Dad and Mom were great people and he had a brother that was All-State also, that died an untimely death as a young man. I was glad that they inducted him into the "Hall of Fame". I have always felt that Steve would have liked to have played College baseball(Catcher), instead of football, but with his skill-he went on to be a 3-time All American. He has a good job in Industrial sales and lives down on the bayou, and is really a nice quiet guy.....I watched him play all through HS and he was by far the best running back I have ever seen in High School football, bar none.....Thank you my friends for joining me in praying for our men and women, willing to be in harms way, trying to protect us from the spread of that cancer called terrorism!

Old Dog
03-04-2003, 10:43 AM
Just spelling by the seat of my pants.....you know, "accidently" got it correct!

big daddy russ
03-04-2003, 11:06 AM
I've got those prayer requests logged down. Old Card, you must be a proud father.

By the way, ESPN radio did an interview with Worster on Sunday morning and touched on that article in SI. Apparently, one of the personalities on ESPN radio used to be the voice of the Bridge City Cardinals back in the mid- to late-70's and knew Worster.

<small>[ March 04, 2003, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>