PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt said it best

Ranger Mom
04-17-2006, 06:47 PM
This was an email I got today, so lots of yall probably got it......(and may have already posted it, if so, sorry for the duplication........RM

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American . . .There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile . . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language . . . and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt

...and some pictures that were with the email...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/image002.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/image003.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/image007.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/image010.jpg

District303aPastPlayer
04-17-2006, 06:49 PM
the first picture i agree with... and thats where it stops.

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 06:52 PM
I want a shirt that says "Grab a Quiji Board and gripe to Santa Anna about it"...

Or:

"We still have San Jacinto, want to try it again?"

Or how about:

"Wow, you really DO speak English?"

Or maybe even:

"Your food tastes great but your S@#$ really stinks"

Or even:

"Hold on while I get my translator"

Or:

"No"

Ranger Mom
04-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Just curious....and this may have already been discussed....What is the difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien??

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What is the difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien??

this a joke? lemme know?

Ranger Mom
04-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
this a joke? lemme know?

Nope...no joke!

C'mon D, you know me better than that!!

I want someone to tell me, so I don't gotta research it myself!! :p

smustangs
04-17-2006, 06:59 PM
an immigrant is someone who came over legally and has a green card or holds citizenship were as an alien is someone who snuck across the border and here is illegaly

smustangs
04-17-2006, 07:00 PM
and as far as the bottom picture goes if they love mexico so much as to do that they should be glad to go back over there:thinking:

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
and as far as the bottom picture goes if they love mexico so much as to do that they should be glad to go back over there:thinking:

I am not too sure that the picture with the Mexican flag above the upside down American flag wasn't taken in Mexico...

If it was indeed taken in American... I'll just keep the peace on that one...:mad:

Ranger Mom
04-17-2006, 07:03 PM
an immigrant is someone who came over legally and has a green card or holds citizenship were as an alien is someone who snuck across the border and here is illegaly

Okay...then what's the big deal?? Are these people holding up "IMMIGRANT" signs fighting for the immigrants that are LEGALLY here or the illegal aliens that aren't LEGALLY here??

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Okay...then what's the big deal?? Are these people holding up "IMMIGRANT" signs fighting for the immigrants that are LEGALLY here or the illegal aliens that aren't LEGALLY here??

It is all sparked over the illegal-immigration talk, however at these protests etc... I have only heard them talking about immigrant rights (no illegals infront of immigrants), so they either missed the boat or missed the boat...

smustangs
04-17-2006, 07:05 PM
a lot of them prolly have family over as aliens or what not and are saying that immigrants are what drive america and if we strengthen the borders and dont let them in as freely then america will suffer

smustangs
04-17-2006, 07:06 PM
I want a shirt that says "Grab a Quiji Board and gripe to Santa Anna about it"...

Or:

Or how about:

Or maybe even:

Or even:

Or:

"No"

HAHA NICE:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
04-17-2006, 07:06 PM
I am not too sure that the picture with the Mexican flag above the upside down American flag wasn't taken in Mexico...

If it was indeed taken in American... I'll just keep the peace on that one...:mad:
There's been several instances of some of these folks taking down our Flag here and replacing it with a Mexican flag.:o

smustangs
04-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
There's been several instances of some of these folks taking down our Flag here and replacing it with a Mexican flag.:o

then it seems they should have no problem going back home or anything of that nature haha

and on a side note this really gets my blood hot because our grandfathers and fathers did not go fight for countries rights so they can come over and bash ours granted we havent really fought to defend mexico as much but its the same principal

SWMustang
04-17-2006, 07:08 PM

That was taken at a high school in California

District303aPastPlayer
04-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
That was taken at a high school in California

that explains alot

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 07:09 PM

Hey, if they truely believe in this enough and they're willing to fight for it then let's get that army together...

Get that ole daisy warmed up...

smustangs
04-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey, if they truely believe in this enough and they're willing to fight for it then let's get that army together...

Get that ole daisy warmed up...

i agree i really dont think they know what could happen and to which extent it could happen

SintonFan
04-17-2006, 07:12 PM
then it seems they should have no problem going back home or anything of that nature haha

and on a side not this really gets my blood hot because our grandfathers and fathers did not go fight for countries rights so they can come over and bash ours granted we havent really fought to defend mexico as much but its the same principal
Two weeks ago I happened to drive down Marbach here in SA to a tool sale and guess what? I saw about 100 students marching across from Taft HS waving the Mexican flag and chanting. I wouldn't know what they were saying as I turned up the song I was playing. Curious as to what was on my radio?
"God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood.:)

SintonFan
04-17-2006, 07:13 PM

Or:

Or how about:

Or maybe even:

Or even:

Or:

"No"
GREATNESS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 07:13 PM
this is civil warish... I hate it...

SintonFan
04-17-2006, 07:30 PM
this is civil warish... I hate it...
I don't see it that way at all. I do have mixed feelings. As a race, I love the Mexican people and their culture.
I think what peeves most of us off is the audacity of many of these protests. The citizenship benefits they have received, but none of the responsibilities that go with it. It's ludicrous at best.:o

pirate44
04-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Two weeks ago I happened to drive down Marbach here in SA to a tool sale and guess what? I saw about 100 students marching across from Taft HS waving the Mexican flag and chanting. I wouldn't know what they were saying as I turned up the song I was playing. Curious as to what was on my radio?
"God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood.:)
april 1st, i was downtown san antonio. there were hundreds of people marching. when i got closer though, it was just a march for the cancer society.

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
when i got closer though, it was just a march for the cancer society.

Should I feel bad for laughing???

Those are good marches...

Emerson1
04-17-2006, 07:51 PM
They arn't helping there cause any flying the american flag upside down.
And I'm no history major, but was Mexico ever in control of the California area?

SintonFan
04-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Not if it was intended as a joke.:confused:
Seriously though, many were chanting "Si se peude" or something like that. I drove by it more than once, p44.

Ranger Mom
04-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
april 1st, i was downtown san antonio. there were hundreds of people marching. when i got closer though, it was just a march for the cancer society.

LOL!! Same thing happened to me on Saturday. The road I was driving down was blocked off by sherriff cars and there were tons of people walking. I pulled right up to where the blockade started and the next thing I knew...Jesus (holding a cross) and 5 roman soldiers marched right in front of my truck! It was surreal ...and brought tears to my eyes!

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 07:59 PM
"Si se peude"

Hmmm... So they want us to understand them but they're speakin' the Spanish?

Where's my "Hold on while I get my Translator" shirt???

LH Panther Mom
04-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the first picture i agree with... and thats where it stops.
Have you or do you plan to join any protests?

PhiI C
04-17-2006, 10:38 PM

I think that picture was taken in Mexico after their team beat us in soccer. :)

District303aPastPlayer
04-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Have you or do you plan to join any protests?

nope and hell no. if they want to become citizens, let em apply for it. :D

RMAC
04-17-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They arn't helping there cause any flying the american flag upside down.
And I'm no history major, but was Mexico ever in control of the California area?

If I can think back to last year, I believe they controlled what is today Cali, OR, WA, UT, Mont, WY, all the western US and most importantly, TEXAS. I say let's just invade Mexico, or annex them actually, make all their people U.S. citizens, and we'd all be happy. We'd have all of their resorts and Cancun and all that crap. It'd be great. Plus, we'd save $ b/c of the border since it wouldn't be like the 2000 miles that it is now.

piratebg
04-18-2006, 08:12 AM
That's it. I've had it. I'm boycotting all taco stands, Mexican restaraunts, fruit cup stands, flea markets, and Home Depots. :mad:

JasperDog94
04-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
That's it. I've had it. I'm boycotting all taco stands... You're just now boycotting taco stands?:eek: :eek: You do know what's in those, right? Ever wonder why there are no stray dogs in Mexico?:eek: :eek: :eek: :doh: