PDA

View Full Version : Power Outage Press Release...

LH Panther Mom
04-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Now that it's back up, I got back into my work email and had received this from the head of our IT dept.

ERCOT sent this press release:
Statewide Power Shortage

ERCOT – the entity that manages the statewide electric grid – has declared an emergency and has ordered that utilities drop or stop serving 1,000 MW of load statewide.

Austin’s share of that emergency order is 37-40 MW. Austin Energy begun rotating blackouts in Austin about 4:20 pm to comply with our share of the load shedding requirement.

The state’s problem is due to unseasonably hot temperatures plus generating plants in planned outages for maintenance.

The statewide power shortage is expected to continue until about 6:00 pm. But that’s an estimate.

Ask all citizens to reduce electrical use to the extent possible.

Emerson1
04-17-2006, 06:31 PM
My school lost power for about 15 minutes,. Wish it would of been longer so we could of gove home, but then again it would of gotten pretty hot.

GetRDoneStangs
04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
We lost power at several of our pipeline pump stations from Midland to Weatherford and at the Claydesta Office in Midland. I think it is back up...... now could be a long, HOT, summer. We have broken record for 3 days in a row with temps in upper 90's and low 100's..... I can't wait 'till August.....

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Of course that means 2 a days are fixing to start!

ILS1
04-17-2006, 06:57 PM
My cousin called from Hutto and said the power was out as well there too. But it wasn't due to any of that. A construction crew cut a power cable close to where Texas Hwy. 130 is being built. Their power was out about 3 hours.

:rolleyes:

SintonFan
04-17-2006, 07:16 PM
I turned my thermostat up to 80. How much more do you people want?!?:eek:
lol

AggieJohn
04-17-2006, 07:57 PM
i lost power from about 5 too 6 tonight