PDA

View Full Version : Report: Alleged victim IDs two; 90 percent on third

District303aPastPlayer
04-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Durham County prosecutors have informed attorneys for members of the Duke lacrosse team that the exotic dancer who claims she was sexually assaulted identified two players with 100 percent certainty and is 90 percent certain on a third player, ABC News reports.

No charges have been filed in the case, and defense attorneys have said that DNA testing failed to connect any members of the lacrosse team to the alleged assault. They have also said that they expect District Attorney Mike Nifong could ask a grand jury for charges as early as Monday.

The woman, a student at nearby North Carolina Central University, said she and another woman were hired to perform March 13 at a team party at the house.

Meanwhile, in a tape obtained by ABC News, a security guard who might have been the first person to see the alleged victim after the alleged attack said there were no signs or mention of sexual assault.

ABC News obtained the audio recording of what is purported to be a private investigator questioning the security guard, whose call to 911 led police to a grocery store parking lot where they found the alleged victim. On the tape, which was recorded April 3 -- three weeks after the alleged sexual assault -- the guard can be heard saying "There ain't no way she was raped -- ain't no way, no way that happened."

On the tape, the guard recounts how she called 911 on the night of the alleged attack after a driver of a car came into the grocery store and said a woman wouldn't get out of her car. According to the guard, the driver told her that she picked up the alleged victim, who she had never met before, out of sympathy when she heard people yelling racial slurs at her while she was walking down the street.

The guard says she smelled alcohol on the driver, but not on the alleged victim. On the tape, she is heard saying that the alleged victim "couldn't talk at all. … She was out of it." However, the guard only talked with the driver of the car and not the alleged victim.

The guard is heard on the tape that she wondered why the driver didn't take the alleged victim to a nearby hospital instead of the grocery store. When police arrived at the scene, the alleged victim was still in the car and police had to forcibly remove her from the vehicle. According to police affidavits, it was later in the grocery store parking lot where the alleged victim told police she was allegedly sexually assaulted at the Duke lacrosse party.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Adidas410s
04-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Seriously....is there a difference between 85% and 90% sure when ID'ing somebody??? Either way, the DNA tests found no trace of ANYTHING...including latex which throws out the condom theory! :rolleyes:

GreenMonster
04-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Rape allegations suck. It is all based on what the woman says. I'm not trying to discount women that are truly raped but it is entirely too easy for a woman to cry rape and really put a man in a serious bind. As soon as these things get reported the court of public opinion dooms the man in question before any of the evidence is even collected. This is another system in dire need of an overhaul. Like Adidas said, there was no trace of any DNA or Latex found on the victim. Yet the DA in the case is still planning to prosecute. Where is the proof? The DA claims it is in the victim's statements. Personally, I would need to see some better evidence than what someone says happened.

SWMustang
04-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Rape allegations suck. It is all based on what the woman says. I'm not trying to discount women that are truly raped but it is entirely too easy for a woman to cry rape and really put a man in a serious bind. As soon as these things get reported the court of public opinion dooms the man in question before any of the evidence is even collected. This is another system in dire need of an overhaul. Like Adidas said, there was no trace of any DNA or Latex found on the victim. Yet the DA in the case is still planning to prosecute. Where is the proof? The DA claims it is in the victim's statements. Personally, I would need to see some better evidence than what someone says happened.

Throw in the fact that we're not just talking about Jane Doe here - the woman is a stripper.

BTEXDAD
04-17-2006, 02:31 PM
I think there were some business (monetary) dealings here that weren't taken care of in advance, then disagreed on after the fact. Both parties probably at fault on that.
This caused some ill feelings and a motive for revenge by the stripper.

Also, the lacrosse players may have planned to stick it to the strippers (meaning not pay them full amount of money) from the beginning. This irritated the strippers, words and profanity were exchanged. and then the escalation to rape charges later on.
That's my theory.

Macarthur
04-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I think there were some business (monetary) dealings here that weren't taken care of in advance, then disagreed on after the fact. Both parties probably at fault on that.
This caused some ill feelings and a motive for revenge by the stripper.

Also, the lacrosse players may have planned to stick it to the strippers (meaning not pay them full amount of money) from the beginning. This irritated the strippers, words and profanity were exchanged. and then the escalation to rape charges later on.
That's my theory.

that sounds plausible

Gobbler Fan
04-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Throw in the fact that we're not just talking about Jane Doe here - the woman is a stripper.

Throw that fact to the side it has no relevance here --This woman was also a college student also throw the fact that she if is black away too unless it makes a difference to you or anyone else . This is being blown up by the media that she is black and is a stripper and the fact that the people she is accusing are white . Seriously if it were reversed a caucasion woman accusing players of raping her from the all black college that this young lady attends....what do you think would have happened by now ?:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
04-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Throw that fact to the side it has no relevance here --This woman was also a college student also throw the fact that she if is black away too unless it makes a difference to you or anyone else . This is being blown up by the media that she is black and is a stripper and the fact that the people she is accusing are white . Seriously if it were reversed a caucasion woman accusing players of raping her from the all black college that this young lady attends....what do you think would have happened by now ?:thinking:

as much as i hate the race card... you are right...

SpreadtheRed
04-17-2006, 04:08 PM
It reminds me of To Kill a Mockingbird

SWMustang
04-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

I don't care about the race card - I care about the stripper card. Maybe you know many hard working, honest strippers with no daddy issues or drug problems - but I don't. The fact that this has gone to a grand jury with no evidence outside of he said/she said is amazing.

piratebg
04-17-2006, 04:47 PM
REASONABLE DOUBT

That's all I got to say about that.