PDA

View Full Version : an "illegal immigrant" story...what do you think???

Adidas410s
04-17-2006, 08:59 AM
I heard this on a few radio stations this morning and thought I would pass it along:

FORT WORTH - A woman in her early 20s was in critical condition at a Dallas hospital Sunday night after she stopped to help at a minor accident on Jacksboro Highway and N.W. Loop 820 and was seriously injured in a wreck involving an apparently intoxicated driver, police said.

About 8:30 p.m., a driver entering N.W. Loop 820 from westbound Jacksboro Highway lost control of his car and struck a guardrail on the highway ramp, said Lake Worth police Capt. Dave Tatsak.

He was not injured and, after the wreck, a man and woman passing by stopped to help him change a blown tire.

Then a red and white Honda came speeding along the access road and struck the car involved in the original accident, pinning the left leg of the female good Samaritan between the guardrail and the first car, he said.

She was taken by helicopter to Parkland Memorial Hospital, police said.

The driver of the Honda fled on foot and was chased down by witnesses, Tatsak said.

The man was taken to Harris Methodist Fort Worth hospital after complaining of a shoulder injury.

Tatsak said he is likely to face charges of driving while intoxicated and other offenses.

"We're gonna keep a guard on him, and he'll be taken to jail as soon as he's released from the hospital," Tatsak said.

As of this morning the lady is now listed as being in "good condition. More information about the drunk driver was released and it was made known that he is a "Mexican National" (the PC illegal immigrant term these days) that has no license, no insurance, but his car was found with drugs stashed away in the backseat.

My biggest worry here is what happens to this lady? She loses her leg while helping somebody because of someone else's negligence...and now she has no way to receive any form of compensation for the loss of her leg because the person a) doesn't have insurance and b) has no legal standing in this country and thus makes them EXTREMELY difficult to prosecute.

I'll leave it at that and let you voice your own opinion....

piratebg
04-17-2006, 09:15 AM
This is a sad story, but it is a common one also. People who are unfortunate enough to get caught up in situations like this are left helpless, and all they can do is watch Border Patrol take these offenders back to Mexio to plan how they will cross over tomorrow.

NateDawg39
04-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Sadly, it is the way of things.

raider red 2000
04-17-2006, 10:31 AM
would it be better for the lady had he been a drunk "legal"

i doubt it.

life sucks sometime.

Blastoderm55
04-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Even more sad is that there are plenty of American citizens caught doing the same thing.

Adidas410s
04-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

i doubt it.

life sucks sometime.

If he is legal then she at least has some way to pursue some type of compensation (incl salary and other types of insurance the guy might have) in the courts. When he is illegal she does not even have those options...

luvhoops34
04-17-2006, 10:38 AM
This type of thing is exactly why ILLEGAL ALIENS need to be deported out of this country, NOW!!!

I don't care how long they've been here "ILLEGALLY", they need to be deported back to Mexico or whatever country they are from and apply to come here like everybody else.

The shouldn't get special privileges because they swam the river or walked across the desert, and have been residing here ILLEGALLY for years.

If we as tax paying LEGAL citizens of the United States, committed a FELONY here, what would happen to us? Our azz would be in jail that's what! And for those of you who don't know, it's a felony to be in the United States illegally.

Illegal aliens should not be issued a drivers license, from any state. They should not be able to receive medicaid and starting this year, people are going to ask for proof of US citizenship before they can get medicaid. Finally!

And I know I'm gonna catch hell for this, but we should not be educating children of illegal aliens. It costs us as tax payers to do so. They pay no taxes and reap all the benefits.

I also think that we should STOP the practice of every baby being born here a legal US citizen, unless one or both parents are citizens.

If these things were to occur, then it wouldn't be so appealing for illegals to want to be here in the first place.

They say things are so bad south of the border.....well stay there and help fix the problem. Mexico and other South American countries are dumping their problems on us. They don't want to spend the money and fix their system of government, they want us the United States to take care of all their woes.

It's time we stood up as Americans and tell our government that we have had enough of this BS!

piratebg
04-17-2006, 10:42 AM

i doubt it.

life sucks sometime.

At least they could be dealt with legally. The offender could be tried and sentenced, and the victim could still be compensated for injuries and what not. In this case, all he is going to get away with is a slap in the wrist and a free ride back. Who is to say what is going to happen when he tries to come back?

raider red 2000
04-17-2006, 10:45 AM
somone can pop a cap in his butt for all i care, but does it give the lady back her leg if she loses it?

Ranger Mom
04-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
This type of thing is exactly why ILLEGAL ALIENS need to be deported out of this country, NOW!!!

I don't care how long they've been here "ILLEGALLY", they need to be deported back to Mexico or whatever country they are from and apply to come here like everybody else.

The shouldn't get special privileges because they swam the river or walked across the desert, and have been residing here ILLEGALLY for years.

If we as tax paying LEGAL citizens of the United States, committed a FELONY here, what would happen to us? Our azz would be in jail that's what! And for those of you who don't know, it's a felony to be in the United States illegally.

Illegal aliens should not be issued a drivers license, from any state. They should not be able to receive medicaid and starting this year, people are going to ask for proof of US citizenship before they can get medicaid. Finally!

And I know I'm gonna catch hell for this, but we should not be educating children of illegal aliens. It costs us as tax payers to do so. They pay no taxes and reap all the benefits.

I also think that we should STOP the practice of every baby being born here a legal US citizen, unless one or both parents are citizens.

If these things were to occur, then it wouldn't be so appealing for illegals to want to be here in the first place.

They say things are so bad south of the border.....well stay there and help fix the problem. Mexico and other South American countries are dumping their problems on us. They don't want to spend the money and fix their system of government, they want us the United States to take care of all their woes.

It's time we stood up as Americans and tell our government that we have had enough of this BS!

Amen Sister!!:clap:

luvhoops34
04-17-2006, 10:58 AM
somone can pop a cap in his butt for all i care, but does it give the lady back her leg if she loses it?

You're missing the whole point. If this country was doing it's job and keeping ILLEGALS out, then the accident wouldn't have happened in the first place.

piratebg
04-17-2006, 11:00 AM
You're missing the whole point. If this country was doing it's job and keeping ILLEGALS out, then the accident wouldn't have happened in the first place.

tru dat :clap:

Adidas410s
04-17-2006, 11:04 AM
don't worry...RR2k doesn't take to well to others advice! :p Keep giving it though...I agree with ya! ;)

District303aPastPlayer
04-17-2006, 11:07 AM

then a legal would have been drunk and hit her... it happens...

Adidas410s
04-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
then a legal would have been drunk and hit her... it happens...

So if the illegal doesn't hit her then somebody else would? I'm failing to see the logic...:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
04-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
So if the illegal doesn't hit her then somebody else would? I'm failing to see the logic...:confused:

how... you explained it to yourself in a question... it was willed to happen...

luvhoops34
04-17-2006, 11:17 AM

It's not a logical statement, that's why.....

Adidas410s
04-17-2006, 12:03 PM
how... you explained it to yourself in a question... it was willed to happen...

I was taking your statement and asking you a question about it? You are saying that if #1 (the illegal) doesn't drive drunk and reckless and hit the victim that #2 (a legal person) would have done it instead?

That is like somebody saying "well if Chief hadn't been ROM'd last Thursday then D303a would have been ROM'd instead." I am using the result "Chief getting ROM'd" and merely substituting somebody else in for the actions commited by Chief. It doesn't work that way.

Aesculus gilmus
04-17-2006, 12:15 PM
It's not yet a felony just to be in the country illegally. That's what the House bill the illegals have been protesting against recently would have done. The Senate bill, on the other hand, would have granted amnesty (or "guest worker" status, as its proponents would say) to practically everyone who has made it up here.

Since the two houses of Congress are so far apart and are coming at the issue diametrically opposed to one another philosophically, nothing will be done, which is exactly what the businesses employing the illegals want.

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 12:19 PM
American Citizens drive drunk too... I have once and will never do it again... bet this guy won't too...

turbostud
04-17-2006, 12:20 PM
I think on May 2, 2006 we should have "A Day without a Gringo" day and cutoff all social services ie. Foodstamps, WIC, Welfare, Gov Assisted Healthcare for a day.

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
American Citizens drive drunk too... I have once and will never do it again... bet this guy won't too...

So basically you all know I agree that they shouldn't be allowed here illegally, so my last statement was just stating that the story does not move me in either way...

District303aPastPlayer
04-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I think on May 2, 2006 we should have "A Day without a Gringo" day and cutoff all social services ie. Foodstamps, WIC, Welfare, Gov Assisted Healthcare for a day.

why? statistically, more "white people" are on welfare than any other ethnic group of people.

pirate44
04-17-2006, 12:25 PM
lately there hasnt been any logic in d303app's posts about illegal aliens.

piratebg
04-17-2006, 12:26 PM
why? statistically, more "white people" are on welfare than any other ethnic group of people.

Are those the ones that live in trailers?

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 12:26 PM
I think it would be cool to have an "Everything Gringo" Day... just eat at American places that day...

Sad thing is that most of the people who work in the other places whether it be Italian/Mexican/whatever are Gringos... so we'd just be hurting ourselves...

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 12:28 PM

We're the majority, probably why ha...

Are you saying white people are Gringos? I'm getting confused again... yesterday to me it meant white, then yesterday I found out it means American, then today I get told it is American again, now it's about white people again? :confused:

District303aPastPlayer
04-17-2006, 12:29 PM
i just argue over this stuff to make conversation...

SWMustang

Where did you see that statistic?

piratebg
Why can't we go back to just hating the French????

SWMustang
04-17-2006, 12:30 PM
If he is legal then she at least has some way to pursue some type of compensation (incl salary and other types of insurance the guy might have) in the courts. When he is illegal she does not even have those options...

I don't think she has a leg to stand on.

turbostud
04-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Ok then we will call it " A Day Without Social Services Day" and we'll see who it impacts the most.

DaHop72
04-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I don't think she has a leg to stand on. :eek: :eek: :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
04-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Ok then we will call it " A Day Without Social Services Day" and we'll see who it impacts the most.

see my quote to see who it impacts more...

Adidas410s
04-17-2006, 12:33 PM

that's a low blow...way too low!

SWMustang
04-17-2006, 12:35 PM
that's a low blow...way too low!

Sorry. You're right. It's just been a sucky day so far.

raider red 2000
04-17-2006, 12:44 PM
don't worry...RR2k doesn't take to well to others advice! :p Keep giving it though...I agree with ya! ;)

I, RR2K, dont do too well with advice...what does that mean?????

heck, i think it all started whn i was in preschool and had to wear a sign that said, "WATCH OUT!!! I BITE"

I guess it would have been better for my illegeal grandad to have never come over.....so that i couldnt be here right now.

Adidas410s
04-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Remind me where this...

I, RR2K, dont do too well with advice...what does that mean?????

heck, i think it all started whn i was in preschool and had to wear a sign that said, "WATCH OUT!!! I BITE"

Somehow ties in with this...

I guess it would have been better for my illegeal grandad to have never come over.....so that i couldnt be here right now.

Don't get so worked up over things! :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 12:48 PM

:eek: :rolleyes:

Illegal is Illegal... glad you're here, but don't pull the sob-card :D

raider red 2000
04-17-2006, 12:50 PM
heck i am just messin around.

as far as SOB card- you callin me a SOB or tellin me to quit crying :)

Gobbla2001
04-17-2006, 06:07 PM
you callin me a SOB

Haha, I didn't even think about that being taking that way... that's halarious...

No, not telling you to stop crying either...

I forget which show it is, but I caught a clip of a show that is kind of like American Idol, instead they're showing their inventions, not singing...

I guess it's called "American Inventor"...

This guy invented a game for his kids in his classroom that was pretty neat... the guy told the story of how his kids weren't interested in class and that the game really got them interested... The first judge says "I see how much you love your kids, and for that i'm gunna go to let you go to the next round because I think a lot of kids need teachers just like you..." Of course the inventor got a little choked up, but no bawling or anything...

then the second judge (The SIMON of American Inventor) says "You know, this is American Inventor, not American sob-story"... I wanted to smack that guy...

SintonFan
04-17-2006, 06:24 PM

lol
I agree with you rr2k. It did probably all start back then. Maybe they should have had you wear a sign that said, "I'm with stupid" with no arrows pointing anywhere.:D :p

44INAROW
04-17-2006, 06:28 PM

OMG :devil: :devil: :eek: :eek: :D

big daddy russ
04-17-2006, 07:02 PM
You sure about that?

The Tomas Rivera Center at Claremont University had some statistics of their own that almost backed this statement up recently, but it was later found that their studies grouped illegals into the percentage of "poor households receiving public assistance."

raider red 2000
04-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
I agree with you rr2k. It did probably all start back then. Maybe they should have had you wear a sign that said, "I'm with stupid" with no arrows pointing anywhere.:D :p

i always wante one of those I'm with stupid" shirts, but i never found one with an arrow that can be rotated to poin at whoever i want.