PDA

View Full Version : Let's Face it Burnet......We forgot how to lose.

Burnet Dawg06
12-15-2002, 05:22 PM
It's true....we have been beaten for the 1st time this season. We have forgotten how to lose so when we did lose we got a taste of our own medicine. Just think of how Sommerset, Wharton, Sinton & Jasper felt when we beat them eek! ...The same way we felst when Everman beat us. They are a really great team. I think what turned the game around is when the Everman player(Corey, I think) got hurt. :( It made Everman mad and Burnet feel guilty for hurting him. Anyways, congrats Everman, 2002 3A-1 state champs. Burnet great season. We'll be back next year! :D

BHSfan03
12-15-2002, 05:34 PM
So thats what all the other teams we played felt like...losing sucks!! Burnet Dawg06, you gotta remember- that wasn't just any ole playoff game we lost at...that was STATE, so it made it an even bigger deal!

Burnet Dawg06
12-15-2002, 05:48 PM
You're right BHSFan03, we did lose at the State game so it did make a big difference. It just really hurts to see our players so upset after losing. But after winning 14 games in a row, we are feeling what all the other teams we beat in the playoffs were feeling. They lost their dream of becoming state champs just like we did. But we acheived most of our dream!

Old Cardinal
12-15-2002, 08:01 PM
Great reasoning from some really good people!

burnetplayer94
12-15-2002, 08:25 PM
I dont thank it made everman mad that the player got hurt but it gave them some to play for. sure it is sad that it happened and my prayers go out to his family. they wanted to win it for him. my hats go off to both teams what a great year they both had. see you next year everman!