PDA

View Full Version : From the Looks of it...

District303aPastPlayer
04-14-2006, 11:31 AM
A tornado has hit the University of Iowa... pray for the Hawkeye's...

Cameron Crazy
04-14-2006, 11:41 AM
When did you find this out?

District303aPastPlayer
04-14-2006, 11:43 AM
CNN right now... it was on... they have UofI students on sayin that tornadoes have hit Iowa City and a bunch of counties...

Cameron Crazy
04-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Thats terrible did it really like hit the campus?

Adidas410s
04-14-2006, 11:53 AM
This is the story from Fox News

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Severe storms ripped through eastern Iowa on Thursday night, spawning tornadoes that crushed homes and car and killed one person.

The National Weather Service said the fatality occurred in Muscatine County, where a tornado toppled the victim's mobile home. The victim's name was not released.

Twisters, high wind and hail toppled trees and cut off power to thousands across the region. No other injuries were immediately reported.

Residents sifted through debris downtown and in several neighborhoods. "We're in disaster mode," an Iowa City dispatcher said.

At the University of Iowa, which the National Weather Service said was hit by one tornado, students were assessing the damage, including downed trees.

Andrew Loffswold fled his apartment when he heard the howling winds of an oncoming twister grow louder. When he returned, his second-story apartment was in shambles, its roof torn off and its contents turned upside down.

"I'm just trying to salvage anything I can," said Loffswold, a 19-year-old student from Sioux City.

big daddy russ
04-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Does anyone down in the Coastal Bend remember when a tornado hit Del Mar College a few years ago? I was doing a story on the West Campus when that happened.

District303aPastPlayer
04-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Does anyone down in the Coastal Bend remember when a tornado hit Del Mar College a few years ago? I was doing a story on the West Campus when that happened.

i remember... tore up a building or two...

lepfan
04-14-2006, 01:50 PM
They showed a pic of one of the sorority houses earlier this morning....on CNN. It was pretty messed up.

Cameron Crazy
04-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Thats terrible i hope everything gets better.and doesnt hurt the unviersity

AP Panther Fan
04-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

I remember that. Aransas Pass actually had high school students there at the time. There is some trade/technical program on that campus that we bus students over for on a daily basis.

I think that might have been the same day that tornados hit along Nueces Bay Blvd and the refineries.