PDA

View Full Version : i saw "Walk the Line" the other night

pirate44
04-13-2006, 11:16 PM
i liked it better the first time it was released when it was called "Ray"

by the way, the REAL Johnny Cash sings way better.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-13-2006, 11:19 PM
I fell into a burnin ring of fire=======:cool:

Bulldog_12
04-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate44

Why would they have called a movie about Johnny cash "Ray"????
;) :D

pirate44
04-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I fell into a burnin ring of fire=======:cool:
haha..when i heard that i couldnt help think of that hemmoroid cream commercial.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Hello, my name is Johnny Cash:D :D

kaorder1999
04-13-2006, 11:26 PM
i thought it was a great movie

SintonFan
04-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Wha??????:(
Joaquin Phoenix in this movie is unbelievable. He does a great job of starting tentatively with vocals and confidence. Eventually, in time, and with June he starts to come into his-self. I am a huge fan of JC and no one on this planet could have done a better job than Joaquin. Did you know that Reese sang all that she did?
Seriously FoFo, I have analyzed this movie. I bought it because of it's merit imho. :o
Dangit, I grew up listening to the Gran Ole Opry and appreciate this stuff. I agree the movie wasn't perfect though...

clayton7
04-14-2006, 01:56 AM
"Johnny why are you wearing black? It looks like your going to a funeral."....Johnny-"Maybe I am"...what a hard a$$

BreckTxLonghorn
04-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by clayton7
"Johnny why are you wearing black? It looks like your going to a funeral."....Johnny-"Maybe I am"...what a hard a$$

Johnny also wore wayfarers, which are the most harda$$ sunglasses that ever existed....

(I have wayfarers, and I just had to put that comment in:))

spiveyrat
04-14-2006, 06:59 AM
I thought it was pretty good too.

Adidas410s
04-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Johnny also wore wayfarers, which are the most harda$$ sunglasses that ever existed....

(I have wayfarers, and I just had to put that comment in:))

yeah they made you a B/A until this guy put them on...

http://www.sunglasstent.com/images/RayBanSunglassesWayfarersTomCruiseRiskyBusiness.jp g

clayton7
04-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah they made you a B/A until this guy put them on...

http://www.sunglasstent.com/images/RayBanSunglassesWayfarersTomCruiseRiskyBusiness.jp g

Haha:clap:

pirate44
04-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Wha??????:(
Joaquin Phoenix in this movie is unbelievable. He does a great job of starting tentatively with vocals and confidence. Eventually, in time, and with June he starts to come into his-self. I am a huge fan of JC and no one on this planet could have done a better job than Joaquin. Did you know that Reese sang all that she did?
Seriously FoFo, I have analyzed this movie. I bought it because of it's merit imho. :o
Dangit, I grew up listening to the Gran Ole Opry and appreciate this stuff. I agree the movie wasn't perfect though...
Seriously SF, i think i can sing Johnny cash songs better that that phoenix guy :rolleyes:

AggieJohn
04-14-2006, 09:49 AM

by the way, the REAL Johnny Cash sings way better. but for those of us who never knew, we have an appreciation of the man

pirate44
04-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
but for those of us who never knew, we have an appreciation of the man
never knew what?

AggieJohn
04-14-2006, 10:03 AM
never knew what? never knew of johnny cash's music

pirate44
04-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
never knew of johnny cash's music
oh, i see. your best bet is to actually listen to Johnny cash. youll have a higher appreciation for the music, then if you just watch the movie. nothings better than "A Boy Named Sue"

SintonFan
04-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Seriously SF, i think i can sing Johnny cash songs better that that phoenix guy :rolleyes:
Blasphemy! Of course I haven't heard you sing, though.:thinking:
I think'll I just agree to disagree with you 44.

PPHSfan
04-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Joaquin Phoenix was brilliant in this movie.

I sat in the theater back in November and did not move for the entire film. I walked away amazed at how great the acting was across the board in this film.

turbostud
04-14-2006, 08:57 PM
When I bought the DVD it came with a 5 song CD with all the songs by Joaquin Pheonix and Reese Witherspoon. I thought they both did a great job singing especially on the song "Jackson".

pirate44
04-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Blasphemy! Of course I haven't heard you sing, though.:thinking:
I think'll I just agree to disagree with you 44.
c'mon, phoenix aint THAT good.

SintonFan
04-14-2006, 10:11 PM
c'mon, phoenix aint THAT good.
Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor imo. He also rocked in Signs and The Village among other movies. He might not have incredible range but what he does, he does very very well.

Etexpirate
04-14-2006, 10:15 PM
He's just plain "hot"!

pirate44
04-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor imo. He also rocked in Signs and The Village among other movies. He might not have incredible range but what he does, he does very very well.
i dont think anyone has said anything about his acting. i said he isnt johnny cash when it comes to singing. if you disagree with me, ok. i also said i liked Ray better. the movie was almost identical to Ray. and ill add another comment. what's-his-face who played ray charles did a better job of acting than phoenix.

SintonFan
04-14-2006, 10:56 PM
lol
Like I said, I can agree to disagree.
He was great in "Walk the line"...:p

pirate44
04-14-2006, 11:06 PM
lol
Like I said, I can agree to disagree.
He was great in "Walk the line"...:p
SF, do you mind showing me the post where i said he wasnt great in "Walk the line"?

SintonFan
04-14-2006, 11:21 PM
SF, do you mind showing me the post where i said he wasnt great in "Walk the line"?
I don't think you said that. But to say you can sing them better implies he did a poor job(or your a pretty good singer). If you specifically meant he sang poorly, I disagree with you. All the other stuff was extra credit for how well I believe he did. It's rare for me to be a big fan of anyone in Hollywood, but I tend to follow his movies.

pirate44
04-15-2006, 07:47 AM
I don't think you said that. But to say you can sing them better implies he did a poor job(or your a pretty good singer). If you specifically meant he sang poorly, I disagree with you. All the other stuff was extra credit for how well I believe he did. It's rare for me to be a big fan of anyone in Hollywood, but I tend to follow his movies.
if you cant pick up my jokes better than that, i guess ill have to use more ;) :) :p :D :rolleyes: :eek: when i post these things.

but since i lost my voice a couple weeks ago, i can hit those low notes a little better:D ;)

Maroon87
04-15-2006, 08:21 AM
I watched the movie again last night. I was amazed at how well Phoenix had Cash's mannerisms down, especially onstage.:cool:

SintonFan
04-15-2006, 10:26 AM
if you cant pick up my jokes better than that, i guess ill have to use more ;) :) :p :D :rolleyes: :eek: when i post these things.

but since i lost my voice a couple weeks ago, i can hit those low notes a little better:D ;)
I guess I do need to be a little more perceptive.:o
About the smilie thingy. Just don't become a smilie cannoneer like me.:D

Cameron Crazy
04-15-2006, 10:36 AM
its a chick flick

Bull's-eye
04-16-2006, 07:42 PM
what's-his-face who played ray charles did a better job of acting than phoenix.

That would be former Terrell High School QB Eric Bishop, also known as Jamie Foxx.