PDA

View Full Version : Corpus Christi Hooks Promotions

pirate44
04-13-2006, 07:47 AM
i'll definately be there for my company spring outing may 13th for the Craig Biggio figurine, but id love to get a hooks ballpark replicaon april 26th. we'll have to see though. we all need to have a mng there one evening.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7338/hookspromos1rc.jpg

piratebg
04-13-2006, 07:51 AM
I went on the 9th and got my boys baseball gloves. I also have tickets for the 15th when they are giving away the home caps, and I have tickets for June 4 so that my kids can get the jersies. I entered my boys into the kids club for $10 and got 4 berm tickets for 8 home games. My eldest son aslo got 2 extra sets of tickets for his birthday. We love the Hooks and are going to catch atleast 10-12 games this season.

pirate44
04-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I went on the 9th and got my boys baseball gloves. I also have tickets for the 15th when they are giving away the home caps, and I have tickets for June 4 so that my kids can get the jersies. I entered my boys into the kids club for $10 and got 4 berm tickets for 8 home games. My eldest son aslo got 2 extra sets of tickets for his birthday. We love the Hooks and are going to catch atleast 10-12 games this season.
sounds great. im on the list here at the office for our season tickets (6) and might get to go to 2 or 3 games that way. otherwise, id like to pick out several of the good promotional dates and go. it is such a great way to spend an evening.:thumbsup:

pirate44
04-13-2006, 07:57 AM
oh yeah, AP Panther Fan, if youre in need of filling that box (hooks lux. box) of yours, let me know. ;)

piratebg
04-13-2006, 07:59 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Coack K one of their radio announcers, or was he just a recent guest on the show? I ran into him at the game on Sunday. Then I thought I heard his name on their radio broadcast on KOUL or K99 two nights ago.

pirate44
04-13-2006, 08:02 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Coack K one of their radio announcers, or was he just a recent guest on the show? I ran into him at the game on Sunday. Then I thought I heard his name on their radio broadcast on KOUL or K99 two nights ago. i heard he was doing color for one of the hooks games. i dont know if its a recurring position or not

AggieJohn
04-13-2006, 08:21 AM
yeah, same here....i want luxury box seats

Cameron Crazy
04-13-2006, 09:06 AM
we have a minor leauge team here not that big though

piratebg
04-13-2006, 09:18 AM
There are 2 in our area, but only 1 that gets all of the attention.

District303aPastPlayer
04-13-2006, 09:20 AM
There are 2 in our area, but only 1 that gets all of the attention.

in the aviators defense... they dont have a) the stadium, b) the major league affiliation, c) the big name players...

piratebg
04-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
in the aviators defense... they dont have a) the stadium, b) the major league affiliation, c) the big name players...

Have you ever been to an Aviators or Hooks game?

District303aPastPlayer
04-13-2006, 09:23 AM
yes and yes... i would rather be at the hooks game any day of the week...

piratebg
04-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Sundays and Mondays have been my days of choice since last season.

District303aPastPlayer
04-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Fireworks Fridays are always cool... last season i almost got one of the bats from a player...

piratebg
04-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Fireworks Fridays are always cool... last season i almost got one of the bats from a player...

Last year I got a foul ball and had it autographed by almost every player, including both mascots. It's on display in my son's room. We caught it at the first game we went to last season. Talk about catching a memory.

pirate44
04-13-2006, 09:59 AM
aviators game aint bad and i recommend it as an alternative if you want to save a few bucks on admission, parking, beer and food, but compared to the Hooks experience, (cost-no-object) its just not in the same leauge (figuatively speaking)

District303aPastPlayer
04-13-2006, 10:08 AM
i sense a meet and greet "brew"ing up with this...

pirate4state
04-13-2006, 10:10 AM
I went on the 9th and got my boys baseball gloves. I also have tickets for the 15th when they are giving away the home caps, and I have tickets for June 4 so that my kids can get the jersies. I entered my boys into the kids club for $10 and got 4 berm tickets for 8 home games. My eldest son aslo got 2 extra sets of tickets for his birthday. We love the Hooks and are going to catch atleast 10-12 games this season. I was at this game. Too bad the Hooks got pounded!! :(

We def. need a M&G here!! :thumbsup:

piratebg
04-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I was at this game. Too bad the Hooks got pounded!! :(

Pounded in two innings. Hunter Pence, though, is one heck of a hitter. I left that game remembering his name.

District303aPastPlayer
04-13-2006, 10:12 AM

gmti

SintonFan
04-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Fireworks are always a fun draw. I wonder who they have their contract with?:thinking:

AggieJohn
04-13-2006, 11:47 AM
you would wonder that...

SintonFan
04-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
you would wonder that...
It's a natural wonderment isn't it...:p

pirate44
04-13-2006, 12:05 PM
I was at this game. Too bad the Hooks got pounded!! :(

i propose june 10th ;)

Vrabird
04-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Went to the game last night and was able to rub elbows and get picture taken with THE voice of the Astros, Mr. Milo Hamilton. Purchased his book and had it autographed. He is a great person and have always loved his way of calling them like he sees them for the past 25 years in the Astro booth. Said it was sure different sending the Astros off on the road without being with them to call the game. He looks great and he will always be remembered as one of the best there is in the business.

pirate44
04-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Vrabird
Went to the game last night and was able to rub elbows and get picture taken with THE voice of the Astros, Mr. Milo Hamilton. Purchased his book and had it autographed. He is a great person and have always loved his way of calling them like he sees them for the past 25 years in the Astro booth. Said it was sure different sending the Astros off on the road without being with them to call the game. He looks great and he will always be remembered as one of the best there is in the business.
wow, thats cool. i knew he was coming some time, but i didnt realize he was there last night. i love Milo. i once listened to a game where the singer of the nationall anthem added too much "artistic" changes to the song. milo yelled out at the girl "SING IT LIKE IT WAS WRITTEN!!!" i nearly wrecked my car laughing so hard.:D

Vrabird
04-13-2006, 12:51 PM
I can close my eyes and almost feel as though I'm at the game when I listen to his calls. He describes the game so vividly, that I can actually see whats happening without being there. Many a game time, I've turned the sound down on the TV and turned Milo on to hear his rendition of the game.

pirate44
04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Vrabird
a game time, I've turned the sound down on the TV and turned Milo on to hear his rendition of the game.
thats a great way to do it :thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
04-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i propose june 10th ;)

sounds good to me.

piratebg
04-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i propose june 10th ;)

My schedule stops on June 6th. We are hiring right now so I know I will be training someone in June. Hopefully I will have that day off.

pirate44
04-13-2006, 06:05 PM
My schedule stops on June 6th. We are hiring right now so I know I will be training someone in June. Hopefully I will have that day off.
well, if it doesnt work out, id like to decide on a day on their promotional schedule so we can get a nice gift out of it ;)