PDA

View Full Version : Honey, We're Killing the Kids!

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Anyone watch it? Amazing how they did the digital aging of those three kids. The show was okay, but I can't imagine it being a huge success.

STANG RED
04-11-2006, 11:19 AM
I watched for a little while before going to bed. That spoiled rotten fat 12 year old really got on my last nerve quick. How was he acting by the end?

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I watched for a little while before going to bed. That spoiled rotten fat 12 year old really got on my last nerve quick. How was he acting by the end?

He was still being a little turd, but believe it or not, his parents think he got the most out of it.:rolleyes:

Did you see the part where they made the kids eat tofu and the little one threw up at the dinner table. LMAO:D

The other funny part was when the middle boy stole the mini-muffins and then lied about eating them in the bathroom. They had him on camera taking the bag and then the empty bag in the trash can.:D

STANG RED
04-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
He was still being a little turd, but believe it or not, his parents think he got the most out of it.:rolleyes:

Did you see the part where they made the kids eat tofu and the little one threw up at the dinner table. LMAO:D

The other funny part was when the middle boy stole the mini-muffins and then lied about eating them in the bathroom. They had him on camera taking the bag and then the empty bag in the trash can.:D

Ha Ha, no I missed all that, but I think my wife stayed up and watched it all. I'll have to ask her about it tonight.
I just have a hard time watching to much bad behavior by spoiled rotten kids. We watch Nanny 911 and that other nanny show from time to time. I just have a hard time believing how bad some peoples parenting skills are. All it really takes is a little common sense. We didnt get a child raising manual either when our daughter was born, but the good lord gave us enough common sense, the we raised a pretty awesome daughter.

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Ha Ha, no I missed all that, but I think my wife stayed up and watched it all. I'll have to ask her about it tonight.
I just have a hard time watching to much bad behavior by spoiled rotten kids. We watch Nanny 911 and that other nanny show from time to time. I just have a hard time believing how bad some peoples parenting skills are. All it really takes is a little common sense. We didnt get a child raising manual either when our daughter was born, but the good lord gave us enough common sense, the we raised a pretty awesome daughter.

Speaking of which, when will she find out if she got the RA job? Got my fingers crossed for her. Is she part of the mentoring program? Thinking of signing my son up for that. It is pretty neat, the mentee just agrees to meet with the mentor about once a week to talk, ask questions, grab a bite to eat...etc...:)

JasperDog94
04-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Some parents are more worried about their kids constantly being happy than teaching them the dicipline of the word "NO!"

STANG RED
04-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Speaking of which, when will she find out if she got the RA job? Got my fingers crossed for her. Is she part of the mentoring program? Thinking of signing my son up for that. It is pretty neat, the mentee just agrees to meet with the mentor about once a week to talk, ask questions, grab a bite to eat...etc...:)

We were hoping to find out about the RA yesterday, but still no word. I think she is interested in becoming a mentor though. Since she has been training the past few weeks for the OL job this summer, she has learned so much about the nuts and bolts of how registration and university business is done, I think she would make a good mentor. I'm sure the mentor program is very good for alot of incoming freshman, but they really can get most of the same just by developing a good relationship with their RA.

Do you know yet when yall will be going down for registration? I would strongly encourage going on the very first one if at all possible. We werent able to make the first one last year, but was abel to go to the 2nd. It didnt make a huge difference, but we did notice some of the classes had already filled up.
Let me know, when you know for sure when your going. Ill put you in touch with my daughter, and maybe you can get alot of your questions asked and answered on a one on one basis early on.

District303aPastPlayer
04-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Some parents are more worried about their kids constantly being happy than teaching them the dicipline of the word "NO!"

where i work, i can agree wholeheartedly

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2006, 02:18 PM
We were hoping to find out about the RA yesterday, but still no word. I think she is interested in becoming a mentor though. Since she has been training the past few weeks for the OL job this summer, she has learned so much about the nuts and bolts of how registration and university business is done, I think she would make a good mentor. I'm sure the mentor program is very good for alot of incoming freshman, but they really can get most of the same just by developing a good relationship with their RA.

Do you know yet when yall will be going down for registration? I would strongly encourage going on the very first one if at all possible. We werent able to make the first one last year, but was abel to go to the 2nd. It didnt make a huge difference, but we did notice some of the classes had already filled up.
Let me know, when you know for sure when your going. Ill put you in touch with my daughter, and maybe you can get alot of your questions asked and answered on a one on one basis early on.

Well, I hope the news is good. We don't know when we will be going to registration/orientation yet. We do plan on making the trip next weekend for another Bobcat Day in order to check out the dorms a bit better and let some more of the information sink in that probably got by us on the first visit. My son has his senior trip June 6-13 so that might make a difference as to when we get to go, not sure though.

I will definitely take you up on your offer of speaking with your daughter. She probably already knows the answers to most of my questions. When the time draws nearer, I will pm you and swap info and phone numbers. Let me know if she gets the RA and what dorm she will be in.:)