PDA

View Full Version : 3A Over Rated Teams in 06

oldcrow
04-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Who will be the most OVER RATED team next near in 3A Football?

District303aPastPlayer
04-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Gilmer :p

lostaussie
04-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Gilmer :p hehe. i knew that was coming:D

District303aPastPlayer
04-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
hehe. i knew that was coming:D

had to get it out of the way quickly :D

Adidas410s
04-11-2006, 09:52 AM
heck it's the only 3A team that recruits :p

District303aPastPlayer
04-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
heck it's the only 3A team that recruits :p

well, once GA retired it took the title...

Adidas410s
04-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
well, once GA retired it took the title...

he did his recruiting down in 2A though because nobody cared that much about 2A!

vet93
04-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Hey...some of us care about 2a;)

Originally posted by Adidas410s
he did his recruiting down in 2A though because nobody cared that much about 2A!

NateDawg39
04-11-2006, 10:43 AM
I think the most over rated team will be Kennedale, Bridgeport, Gilmer, Canyon, Canton, Breckenridge, Wylie, Madison and as usual, Sweetwater....to name a few. GO HUTTO!!! and Decatur I guess since I played there...

Adidas410s
04-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I think the most over rated team will be Kennedale, Bridgeport, Gilmer, Canyon, Canton, Breckenridge, Wylie, Madison and as usual, Sweetwater....to name a few. GO HUTTO!!! and Decatur I guess since I played there...

Breckenridge, Canton, Bridgeport and Wylie??? Seriously??? You just like hating on the teams that do better than Decatur huh? ;)

Macarthur
04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but I think the IP Hawks will have a bit of a rebuilding year. They lost a lot of seniors. They will probably be better once district rolls around, but again, they play a brutal non-district schedule.

Whsdogs
04-11-2006, 11:02 AM

haha...your funny

JasperDog94
04-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Isn't it kinda hard to say a team is overrated when we don't even have any ratings yet?:confused: :nerd: :nerd:

neck_06
04-11-2006, 11:04 AM
SINTON they are always overrated. ;)

(this should stir the pot a little)

Whsdogs
04-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by neck_06

agree..lol :devil:

pirate4state
04-11-2006, 11:07 AM

(this should stir the pot a little) :rolleyes: Yes, we are always overrated. :clap: Thanks for the nod. ;)

LH Panther Mom
04-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Isn't it kinda hard to say a team is overrated when we don't even have any ratings yet?:confused: :nerd: :nerd:
Do I need to throw together some rankings? :devil: :devil: :devil:

cowboyfan8
04-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Bridge City

Adidas410s
04-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

probably wouldn't hurt....

ya know you COULD just create a random # generator in Excel and have it give you 20 #'s and then just pull those 20 schools off of Jerry's rankings. It would save a lot of time and paper

44INAROW
04-11-2006, 11:19 AM

It would add some excitment to the day for sure :D

STANG RED
04-11-2006, 11:25 AM

Easy there Nate, your stiring with way too big of a spoon now!

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2006, 11:32 AM

Time to break out your "magic" bowl for the team names to be tossed in....I want to pick the top ten. lol.;)

Aesculus gilmus
04-11-2006, 11:40 AM
The biggest misconception going into this season will be all the Division II schools dreading having to play Gilmer in the playoffs.

Gilmer will go into Division I for the first time since 2001.

I already read a Tim MacMahon column in the Dallas News lamenting the fact that Dallas Madison would have to face Gilmer with G.J. Kinne at QB in the third round.

I don't know who DM will have to face out of East Texas this year, but it won't be either Gilmer or Tatum, so they've actually got a shot to get to the Region II title game.

JasperDog94
04-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I already read a Tim MacMahon column in the Dallas News lamenting the fact that Dallas Madison would have to face Gilmer with G.J. Kinne at QB in the third round.
This dude is making one heck of an assumption. GJ won't see the field at Gilmer by the time fall rolls around.

Whsdogs
04-11-2006, 12:06 PM
This dude is making one heck of an assumption. GJ won't see the field at Gilmer by the time fall rolls around.

and whys that?

gtownpoke
04-11-2006, 12:09 PM
the players and coaches in gilmer like him and took him in really well. i guesswith all the quick scoring he wont see the field AS MUCH but he will definitely see it.

pirate44
04-11-2006, 12:10 PM

nah, we dont care

Bullaholic
04-11-2006, 12:31 PM

What did you do to come up with this, Nate----throw darts at a UIL alignment list? :D

LH Panther Mom
04-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
What did you do to come up with this, Nate----throw darts at a UIL alignment list? :D
I think he took my leftovers. :D

mustang04
04-11-2006, 12:34 PM

hahaha...sweetwater could be overrated ur right....

but what i dont like is the "as usual" thrown in there....im pretty sure that last season they played in the state semi's, that is a little overrated youre right, year before they lost to snyder by an extra point who then lost to gilmer, the year before we lost to a very good vernon team 3rd round, the year before we lost 4th round to Greenwood because of a fumble with little time left, and greenwood was LOADED then, ohhh and that was the season that we BEAT the UNDEFEATED Decatur Eagles....cuz i remember alot of the posters here that season saying how Mychal Carrillo and the Sweetwater Mustangs were overrated and yall were undefeated...blah blah...WE WON! and how about decatur 2 years ago.....yall were supposed to be the BEST team in the state, then yall lost to wylie...think about what teams ur knockin before you say something

Old Tiger
04-11-2006, 02:11 PM
WO-S :D

TheDOCTORdre
04-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by mustang04

but what i dont like is the "as usual" thrown in there....im pretty sure that last season they played in the state semi's, that is a little overrated youre right, year before they lost to snyder by an extra point who then lost to gilmer, the year before we lost to a very good vernon team 3rd round, the year before we lost 4th round to Greenwood because of a fumble with little time left, and greenwood was LOADED then, ohhh and that was the season that we BEAT the UNDEFEATED Decatur Eagles....cuz i remember alot of the posters here that season saying how Mychal Carrillo and the Sweetwater Mustangs were overrated and yall were undefeated...blah blah...WE WON! and how about decatur 2 years ago.....yall were supposed to be the BEST team in the state, then yall lost to wylie...think about what teams ur knockin before you say something

i couldnt have said it better myself reggie, well actually i probably could but I dont feel like taking the time, i think you got the point across

NateDawg39
04-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by mustang04

but what i dont like is the "as usual" thrown in there....im pretty sure that last season they played in the state semi's, that is a little overrated youre right, year before they lost to snyder by an extra point who then lost to gilmer, the year before we lost to a very good vernon team 3rd round, the year before we lost 4th round to Greenwood because of a fumble with little time left, and greenwood was LOADED then, ohhh and that was the season that we BEAT the UNDEFEATED Decatur Eagles....cuz i remember alot of the posters here that season saying how Mychal Carrillo and the Sweetwater Mustangs were overrated and yall were undefeated...blah blah...WE WON! and how about decatur 2 years ago.....yall were supposed to be the BEST team in the state, then yall lost to wylie...think about what teams ur knockin before you say something Sweetwater still sucks...:p

NateDawg39
04-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
What did you do to come up with this, Nate----throw darts at a UIL alignment list? :D no ...I picked the names out of a Decatur Hat

TheDOCTORdre
04-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Sweetwater still sucks...:p

STEPHENVILLE -- If you don't believe the old cliche that football is a game of inches, you obviously didn't see Saturday 's Region I-3A semifinal between Sweetwater and Decatur.

The difference in a nail-biting 24-21 Mustang win over the previously-unbeaten Eagles was Sweetwater's ability to stop a desperation, last-second pass completion for only 47 yards.

Don't laugh. If the pass had gone one yard further, Decatur would be advancing to the state quarterfinals this weekend instead of Sweetwater.

It was that close.

In fact, many of those who were gathered at Tarleton State University's Memorial Stadium thought -- at least initially -- that Decatur had pulled off a miracle finish.

But then officials signalled that the catch by Eagle receiver Brian Christian had come up just short of the end zone -- thanks to game-saving tackles by Jon-Eric McDonald and Randyn Tenery after the ball was first tipped by Mychal Carrillo -- and Sweetwater's players began celebrating their incredible victory.

It was the last, and most improbable, of three key defensive plays in the fourth quarter that allowed Sweetwater (9-3) to keep its season alive.

The Mustangs -- who are in the quarterfinals for the first time since 1997 -- now face Midland Greenwood, which defeated Ballinger in its regional playoff on Saturday.

Decatur (12-1) was ahead 14-10 at halftime and also after three periods, and regained a 21-17 advantage in the fourth stanza after Sweetwater had gone back on top (17-14) early in the period on a 4-yard run by fullback Jack Squires.

Andrew McKinney, who had scored shortly before halftime on a 13-yard run to give Decatur a four-point lead, caught a 29-yard pass from quarterback Chandler Dane to put the Eagles ahead 21-17 with 8:05 left in the game.

Decatur forced a Sweetwater punt and quickly moved to the Mustang 40 on a 34-yard run by McKinney, who had a game-high 150 yards on 23 carries. But then the momentum began shifting the other way.

The Eagles lost eight yards on their next two runs, thanks mainly to a fumbled snap from center, pushing them back to the 48. Then Carrillo intercepted Dane's pass and returned it back to Sweetwater's 48 with 3:19 left to set up the game-winning drive.

Carrillo proceeded to lead the Mustangs on a seven-play, 52-yard march which he capped with a 5-yard run, and Reid Bishop's extra point put Sweet-water ahead 24-21 with only 1:02 remaining.

But those 62 seconds seemed to last forever.

Decatur returned a short kickoff back to Sweetwater's 49 and completed a 9-yard pass on first down. But Steven Reed intercepted Dane just two plays later -- the Mustangs' fourth pick of the game -- and returned it to Sweetwater's 32.

The Mustangs tried to run out the clock, but couldn't pick up a first down and Decatur got another chance from its 45 after forcing a punt.

The Eagles, though, had only 21 seconds left and were out of timeouts. And after two incomplete passes and one completion that gained only seven yards, they were down to their final chance from Sweetwater's 48 with only :05 lto play

:D

NateDawg39
04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
STEPHENVILLE -- If you don't believe the old cliche that football is a game of inches, you obviously didn't see Saturday 's Region I-3A semifinal between Sweetwater and Decatur.

The difference in a nail-biting 24-21 Mustang win over the previously-unbeaten Eagles was Sweetwater's ability to stop a desperation, last-second pass completion for only 47 yards.

Don't laugh. If the pass had gone one yard further, Decatur would be advancing to the state quarterfinals this weekend instead of Sweetwater.

It was that close.

In fact, many of those who were gathered at Tarleton State University's Memorial Stadium thought -- at least initially -- that Decatur had pulled off a miracle finish.

But then officials signalled that the catch by Eagle receiver Brian Christian had come up just short of the end zone -- thanks to game-saving tackles by Jon-Eric McDonald and Randyn Tenery after the ball was first tipped by Mychal Carrillo -- and Sweetwater's players began celebrating their incredible victory.

It was the last, and most improbable, of three key defensive plays in the fourth quarter that allowed Sweetwater (9-3) to keep its season alive.

The Mustangs -- who are in the quarterfinals for the first time since 1997 -- now face Midland Greenwood, which defeated Ballinger in its regional playoff on Saturday.

Decatur (12-1) was ahead 14-10 at halftime and also after three periods, and regained a 21-17 advantage in the fourth stanza after Sweetwater had gone back on top (17-14) early in the period on a 4-yard run by fullback Jack Squires.

Andrew McKinney, who had scored shortly before halftime on a 13-yard run to give Decatur a four-point lead, caught a 29-yard pass from quarterback Chandler Dane to put the Eagles ahead 21-17 with 8:05 left in the game.

Decatur forced a Sweetwater punt and quickly moved to the Mustang 40 on a 34-yard run by McKinney, who had a game-high 150 yards on 23 carries. But then the momentum began shifting the other way.

The Eagles lost eight yards on their next two runs, thanks mainly to a fumbled snap from center, pushing them back to the 48. Then Carrillo intercepted Dane's pass and returned it back to Sweetwater's 48 with 3:19 left to set up the game-winning drive.

Carrillo proceeded to lead the Mustangs on a seven-play, 52-yard march which he capped with a 5-yard run, and Reid Bishop's extra point put Sweet-water ahead 24-21 with only 1:02 remaining.

But those 62 seconds seemed to last forever.

Decatur returned a short kickoff back to Sweetwater's 49 and completed a 9-yard pass on first down. But Steven Reed intercepted Dane just two plays later -- the Mustangs' fourth pick of the game -- and returned it to Sweetwater's 32.

The Mustangs tried to run out the clock, but couldn't pick up a first down and Decatur got another chance from its 45 after forcing a punt.

The Eagles, though, had only 21 seconds left and were out of timeouts. And after two incomplete passes and one completion that gained only seven yards, they were down to their final chance from Sweetwater's 48 with only :05 lto play

:D I played in that game... I know what happened, Sweetwater was a good team...Yall need to tone it down, we play yall this year so im gonna get in your head to ammuse myself until a winner is decided. If we when, I told you so, if we lose, then I eat a fat crow for dinner. Just like I did 4 times last year.

NateDawg39
04-11-2006, 06:13 PM
oh and how many Snyder fans or whoever talk as much crap as I do? In fact WE ALL DO!!!!! Get over yourself and take a hit, It never fails that someone will come on here with the intention of talking crap and here comes someone to take it and become upset by the crap being shoved in their mouth...but wait!! That person who just got it handed to him or her, turns around and talks EVEN MORE crap to another person...its a never ending cycle. The circle of the Down Low.

LH Panther Mom
04-11-2006, 07:58 PM
oh and how many Snyder fans or whoever talk as much crap as I do? In fact WE ALL DO!!!!! Get over yourself and take a hit, It never fails that someone will come on here with the intention of talking crap and here comes someone to take it and become upset by the crap being shoved in their mouth...but wait!! That person who just got it handed to him or her, turns around and talks EVEN MORE crap to another person...its a never ending cycle. The circle of the Down Low.
I never talk crap. :p (Mainly because I had no one to talk crap to.... :doh: )

gobblerfan02
04-11-2006, 08:29 PM
DANG, I haven't even put my two cents in and everyone's hackin away at everyone else....not to take anything away from 'em, but I think WOS is overrated!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by oldcrow
Who will be the most OVER RATED team next near in 3A Football?

I think that before anybody gets on here and starts talking crap, everyone should take a step back and take a look at what kind of hard work the players of the teams that you are tearing down are putting into success. To all of you players, do your talking on the field, and to all of your adults with negative comments, you are pathetic individuals for trying to encourage the failure of any young man with dreams and ambitions. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

LH Panther Mom
04-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I think that before anybody gets on here and starts talking crap, everyone should take a step back and take a look at what kind of hard work the players of the teams that you are tearing down are putting into success. To all of you players, do your talking on the field, and to all of your adults with negative comments, you are pathetic individuals for trying to encourage the failure of any young man with dreams and ambitions. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
Simmer down.

whtfbplaya
04-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Simmer down. :clap:

Ranger Mom
04-11-2006, 08:50 PM
I never talk crap. :p (Mainly because I had no one to talk crap to.... :doh: )

I don't think I have ever talked crap either.

I all about the "warm fuzzies"!:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Simmer down.
I'm not mad about anything, but I don't retract anything that I said, I meant it 100%.

JasperDog94
04-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
the players and coaches in gilmer like him and took him in really well. i guesswith all the quick scoring he wont see the field AS MUCH but he will definitely see it. He won't score one touchdown with Gilmer. He transfered for athletic purposes. The UIL won't allow him to play next year.

LH Panther Mom
04-11-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm not mad about anything, but I don't retract anything that I said, I meant it 100%.
Please find where I have ever talked crap about any player. I've got boys that play and I understand the hard work that goes into a season, regardless of the final outcome. Not ALL of us adults, nor even most of us, are guilty of it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2006, 09:22 PM
My post was directed to those who do insult the players, not the proud supporting parents such as yourself.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-11-2006, 09:27 PM
most of the trashing talking is from kids still in school;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
most of the trashing talking is from kids still in school;) You would be suprised how many adults have gotten into it.

whtfbplaya
04-11-2006, 09:41 PM
You would be suprised how many adults have gotten into it.

There are not any adults on this board.:D

Old Tiger
04-11-2006, 09:55 PM
I, myself am of the trash talking origin. I talk trash to try to get in players heads I don't mean anything by it. But those days are done, I'm nothing but a washed up has been. :D

Gary it's people having conversations and calling out certain things. They don't mean anything by it nor do they hate the kids. Rivalry's run deep. In 10 years you and Charles will probably still be talking crap to one another. Just have fun dude. Be a kid before it's too late!!!!:eek:

injuredinmelee
04-11-2006, 10:24 PM
some of us need some Dale Carnegie training.

How To Win Friends and Influence People.

SintonFan
04-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
some of us need some Dale Carnegie training.

How To Win Friends and Influence People.
I agree! I love Carnegie seminars!:) :clap:

mrescape43
04-11-2006, 11:10 PM
He won't score one touchdown with Gilmer. He transfered for athletic purposes. The UIL won't allow him to play next year.

If you aren't right, the UIL should implode itself!:thinking:

gtownpoke
04-11-2006, 11:30 PM
you want to put money down on that? im a college student and could use some cash

STANG RED
04-12-2006, 10:26 AM

And we wouldnt have it any other way! :clap:
Talking and getting crap back is 1/2 the fun. The other 1/2 is getting good honest info on other towns, people, and teams, and making some new friends/enimies/friends/enimies/friends.:D

NateDawg39
04-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
And we wouldnt have it any other way! :clap:
Talking and getting crap back is 1/2 the fun. The other 1/2 is getting good honest info on other towns, people, and teams, and making some new friends/enimies/friends/enimies/friends.:D Thank you! Our presence here would surely become down right boring if kept away from the ability to upset people. I like getting into arguments with most people. Especially Bullaholic because of his come back ability!:D

NateDawg39
04-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
If you aren't right, the UIL should implode itself!:thinking: I think the UIL needs to take a vacation for a year and let the Down Low run things...that would be the first sign of the end of the world.

JasperDog94
04-12-2006, 11:44 AM
I think the UIL needs to take a vacation for a year and let the Down Low run things...that would be the first sign of the end of the world. If that's the case then GJ wouldn't play. See (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42985&highlight=poll)

JasperDog94
04-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
If you aren't right, the UIL should implode itself!:thinking: Why do you say that? His mother said that if a certain coach weren't promoted in Canton, then that would effect their decision to stay. That coach didn't get the promotion. They left. How is that not moving for athletic reasons?

whtfbplaya
04-12-2006, 12:14 PM
:confused:

gtownpoke
04-12-2006, 12:35 PM
aside from athletic reasons (which I definitely see yalls point there) yall dont think the UIL would take into consideration they also moved for safety reasons? If he hadn't moved into a football powerhouse would this be an issue?

JasperDog94
04-12-2006, 01:28 PM
I think that's the point. Of all the places they could have moved, they moved to a football powerhouse that would showcase his skills.

The UIL rule says you can't move for athletic reasons. It doesn't say that you can move for athletic reasons AND safety reasons. After all the mother has said, I just cannot be convinced that this is all about safety.

gtownpoke
04-12-2006, 05:41 PM
either way i think they are gonna let him play.

Aesculus gilmus
04-12-2006, 06:59 PM
The UIL should show some leniency not only in this case, but also in the Gilbert Moye case, which was wrongly decided, IMHO.

Here was a kid whose home in Jasper was hit by a hurricane. What's he supposed to do? Read up on UIL regulations after the wind died down as to what he should do next? And he is STILL going to miss the first four games of 2006, unless the UIL revisits the decision. That is absolutely not fair, particularly if, as I imagine will be the case, the UIL lets Kinne play in spite of the statements they made about the coach they preferred to be hired in Canton who wasn't.

The letter of the law killeth, but the spirit giveth life. That's in the Bible somewhere. Or ought to be.:D

mrescape43
04-12-2006, 07:29 PM
The UIL should show some leniency not only in this case, but also in the Gilbert Moye case, which was wrongly decided, IMHO.

Here was a kid whose home in Jasper was hit by a hurricane. What's he supposed to do? Read up on UIL regulations after the wind died down as to what he should do next? And he is STILL going to miss the first four games of 2006, unless the UIL revisits the decision. That is absolutely not fair, particularly if, as I imagine will be the case, the UIL lets Kinne play in spite of the statements they made about the coach they preferred to be hired in Canton who wasn't.

The letter of the law killeth, but the spirit giveth life. That's in the Bible somewhere. Or ought to be.:D

They should give the same ruling in Kinne's case that they gave in the Moye case. If Kinne had moved back to Mesquite where his mother came from this wouldn't be an issue. You can't make the statement that this move gives you the chance at a ring without taking the heat. In addition to this the mother said that if a certain coach was hired as head coach or OC they wouldn't move. Open your eyes and smell the bull sh&&

Aesculus gilmus
04-12-2006, 07:58 PM
My point is both Moye and Kinne have had to go through events beyond their control. Both should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Moye certainly did not get that. They let the hammer down on that poor kid. He couldn't control the hurricane hitting his home any more than Kinne could prevent the angry parent shooting his father last April. He may well have had legitimate safety issues to deal with had he remained in Canton.

Haunta Yo
04-12-2006, 08:26 PM
The UIL should show some leniency not only in this case, but also in the Gilbert Moye case, ... And he is STILL going to miss the first four games of 2006, unless the UIL revisits the decision.

As of right now he could miss more than 4 games, especially if they play a zero week game. I don't think he enrolled in Diboll until mid-Oct. He should be playing in all their district games though.

wos fan1
04-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
WO-S :D Will see!! :p

tmac
04-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Well bridgeport seems to make its way into the top 25 most years and lately i have no clue why but this year will be different Bridgeport plays Decatur and Gainesville both of which have been Great the past few years and thats just 2 district games plus i cant wait to see Decatur vs gainesville that seems like a new jumpstarted rivalry with decatur takin out gainesville twice in 04-05 once to end the year in the 2nd round of the playoffs and gainesville returnin the favor the next year but u never know every year is different thats y we all love it

JasperDog94
04-13-2006, 08:17 AM

The letter of the law killeth, but the spirit giveth life. That's in the Bible somewhere. Or ought to be.:D Moye was recruited by Diboll. Plain and simple. If Moye wanted to play in Lufkin, no problem. He was living in Lufkin. But Diboll officials made in known that they wanted him there and told him that the Jasper football team wouldn't take the field again for the rest of the year and that he should just come on in to Diboll and he would be the starting QB.

Trust me on this one. He was recruited. Unfortunately for Moye he listened to the wrong people.

Aesculus gilmus
04-13-2006, 05:01 PM
What about the hurricane? His home was destroyed in Jasper. He moved in with a relative in Lufkin who worked for Diboll ISD and with whom, as I understand it, he rode to school in Diboll.

If Diboll had recruited him, why was he on the Jasper roster the first few games of last season?

All I am asking is that he be reinstated for the OPENING GAME and not have to wait until midway through the season. Give the kid a break!

j_dog
04-13-2006, 06:45 PM
.....Moye certainly did not get that. They let the hammer down on that poor kid. He couldn't control the hurricane hitting his home .........
I wish Gilbert the very best in his career and life and I certainly wish he were still playing at Jasper. But from what you read on some boards, the only athlete in Jasper affected by the storm was Gilbert. But the truth is that several Jasper players faced severe hardships to keep playing at Jasper, but they made their sacrifices and stuck it out. I can see it no other way. Gilbert received some bad advice, and to his detriment, acted on it.

mistanice
04-18-2006, 09:11 PM
He still has a very good chance at playing at UT.

Pmoney
04-18-2006, 09:18 PM
SWEETWATER

this should stir things up

:p

lostaussie
04-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
SWEETWATER

this should stir things up

:p yea, if the right ones are on that should definately get you to 1800:D

Pmoney
04-18-2006, 09:29 PM
lol that was my idea:D

Crimestick
04-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Jasper was better off this year once things settled after Moye's departure. He was not the same guy this year (at least against WO-S) that he was last year.

NateDawg39
04-19-2006, 04:19 PM
To add to the boil...Snyder is gonna lose all there games. Sweetwater will lose the 1st round. AND BRIDGEPORT IS the BEST!!!:rolleyes: I lied on the last one.

Bullaholic
04-19-2006, 04:21 PM
To add to the boil...Snyder is gonna lose all there games. Sweetwater will lose the 1st round. AND BRIDGEPORT IS the BEST!!!:rolleyes: I lied on the last one.

No, you were blinded by truth about Bridgeport in a sudden moment of inspiration and mental clarity. :D

Cameron Crazy
04-19-2006, 04:27 PM
IP is overrated and im not just saying that cause they said it...but from what i hear they are having a big rebuilding year this year so we will see how that goes down.

Sweetwater Red
04-19-2006, 04:34 PM

Sweetwater 35
Monahans 16

Monahans 43
Bridgeport 42

Cameron Crazy
04-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Are these the scores from last year..

Sweetwater Red
04-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Yes. I think Colin Jones scored all of BP's
42 points. He is headed for TCU.