PDA

View Full Version : Spring In the Hill Country

Bullaholic
04-10-2006, 12:37 PM
About 5 years ago, I made a trip in late April with my dad and his brothers down to Rockdale and on down through the Texas Hill Country. Springtime in the Texas Hill Country has to be one of the prettiest sights anywhere, and the weather is gorgeous. The Bluebonnets and the Indian Paintbrushes were everywhere. How do they look this year?

(Now before somebody asks me to turn in my "man" card....I still drink a little beer, play poker, and watch sports.) :D

CenTexSports
04-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I took the back roads from Cameron to Franklin this weekend and it was very colorful. Whole pastures of pink and blue.

The best I have ever seen is in the rolling hills south of Weatherford. I have seen times where you could not see the end of the Blusbonnets. Literally, hundreds and hundreds of acres with no gaps.

STANG RED
04-10-2006, 01:24 PM
We had a bunch of bluebonnets out here in West Texas a week or two back, but they have all turned to brownbonnets with the layer of dirt that has collected on them.

espn1
04-11-2006, 04:29 AM
Over all the Bluebonnet population is down this year. Just not enough rain. Alot of other Wild Flowers are just not making a showing compared to other years.