PDA

View Full Version : I think I hate golf!

CenTexSports
04-10-2006, 10:31 AM
I played in a blind bogey on Saturday and I played about as bad as I can. It was miserable. I played yesterday morning and I shot 39 on the front with one birdie and 31 on the back with 5 birdies. How can you play that different in less than 24 hours?

Snyder_TigerFan
04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
That's golf for you.

JasperDog94
04-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Because golf is an evil, evil, evil invention. (I don't consider it a sport) Why not take up something more productive...like fishing.:)

STANG RED
04-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I played in a blind bogey on Saturday and I played about as bad as I can. It was miserable. I played yesterday morning and I shot 39 on the front with one birdie and 31 on the back with 5 birdies. How can you play that different in less than 24 hours?

Aw, thats nothing! I can play that different within 4 hours. I once shot a 35 on the front, and followed that with a 55 on the back. My clubs barely survived that round!

neck_06
04-10-2006, 11:58 AM
i wish i could make a birdie..........

Chief Ohera
04-10-2006, 01:29 PM
i hate golf to, i like to play "putt-putt" when i am a little tipsy, but i won't touch a club unless i have something in my system. i don't like golf b/c it isn't a sport that requires great fitness like the other sports.

so long and until next time............

Bullaholic
04-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
i hate golf to, i like to play "putt-putt" when i am a little tipsy, but i won't touch a club unless i have something in my system. i don't like golf b/c it isn't a sport that requires great fitness like the other sports.

so long and until next time............

Chief....You ever hang out with Bode Miller? :D If not you should---you guys have a lot in common.

UPanIN
04-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Golf is a wonderful game.

You can be going along well and "BAM" a snowman on a par 3 hits you right between the eyes.

Life is kinda like that too.

CenTexSports
04-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I probalby play more than any 3 of you put together and I can normally go with the flow on bad rounds or bad months but Saturday not only did I play bad but the guys I was with were arguing and it was just brutal. It was the worst day of golf I have had in a long time.

Before I tell you how much I play, remember, that I live is a town with no Wal-Mart and my kids are grown. During the winter, I play at least 36 holes per week but the average is closer to 72. During the summer I play 18 to 27 after work on Tuesday and Thursday, a nine hole scramble on Wednesday evening, and 36 Saturday and Sunday. Occasionally we play more on Saturday and Sunday but it just depends. One more thing, a round usually takes around 2 1/2 hours but is can be less and very seldom any mor than 3 hours.

whtfbplaya
04-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Me to:clap:

DaHop72
04-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Some days it's golf, other days it's flog.:D

AP Panther Fan
04-10-2006, 05:37 PM
I probalby play more than any 3 of you put together and I can normally go with the flow on bad rounds or bad months but Saturday not only did I play bad but the guys I was with were arguing and it was just brutal. It was the worst day of golf I have had in a long time.

Before I tell you how much I play, remember, that I live is a town with no Wal-Mart and my kids are grown. During the winter, I play at least 36 holes per week but the average is closer to 72. During the summer I play 18 to 27 after work on Tuesday and Thursday, a nine hole scramble on Wednesday evening, and 36 Saturday and Sunday. Occasionally we play more on Saturday and Sunday but it just depends. One more thing, a round usually takes around 2 1/2 hours but is can be less and very seldom any mor than 3 hours.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Your wife is truly a golf widow.

My senior son has recently taken up golf, but darn, it sure is expensive. He was rather pleased when we were looking online over the weekend at Texas State and their 9 hole course. Membership is about $200/yr, greens fees for students $6.00, cart for students $5.00....a much better deal for our champagne taste/beer budget.;) :D

AggieJohn
04-10-2006, 07:02 PM
This is how my score card looks:

Hole #1-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #2-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #3-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #4-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #5-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #6-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #7-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #8-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #9-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #10-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #11-Birdie- I love Golf
Hole #12-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #13-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #14-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #15-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #16-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #17-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #18-Bogey- I hate Golf

GreenMonster
04-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
This is how my score card looks:

Hole #1-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #2-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #3-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #4-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #5-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #6-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #7-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #8-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #9-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #10-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #11-Birdie- I love Golf
Hole #12-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #13-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #14-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #15-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #16-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #17-Bogey- I hate Golf
Hole #18-Bogey- I hate Golf

Dude, if par is 72 then you shot an 88. That's pretty dang bueno in my book. If I could go out and play in the sub 90's regularly I'd play more often. It's just too discouraging seeing 99's and 100's on my scorecard. :(

GreenGobbla
04-10-2006, 10:32 PM

alright, 2 1/2 to 3 hours is pushing it...i work at one of the nicest golf courses in san antonio, and on average the players there take anywhere from 4 to 5 hours to play a round...and by the way, i would like to play you one day

CenTexSports
04-11-2006, 07:20 AM
My card says that I am a 4 handicap but the course I play is pretty short. In reality, I am probably a 7 or 8. I don't mind long courses or water or sand but tight courses are a little bit of a problem with my cut.

BTW, the guy I play with the most is a 1 handicap and when we play together on Tuesday afternoons, we play in less than 2 hours. Before the time change, we were starting at 3:45 and playing 27 before it got dark.

STANG RED
04-11-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
alright, 2 1/2 to 3 hours is pushing it...i work at one of the nicest golf courses in san antonio, and on average the players there take anywhere from 4 to 5 hours to play a round...and by the way, i would like to play you one day

Which course do you work at? I played The Quarry in San Antonio one time. Very nice course, but I've never been so hot and miserable in my life, as when playing those 4 or 5 holes down in the bottom with those solid white 100' + granit (or whatever) walls reflecting all that sun right on you and blocking any breeze. They sure will kick a slice back in the fareway though.

GOFOR2
04-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Aw, thats nothing! I can play that different within 4 hours. I once shot a 35 on the front, and followed that with a 55 on the back. My clubs barely survived that round!

i can top that, I think.
once shot 30 on the front and then 45 on the back.
that was not fun.

GreenGobbla
05-05-2006, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
i can top that, I think.
once shot 30 on the front and then 45 on the back.
that was not fun.

i had a buddy shoot that exact score in a tournament....dont see how you can shoot 6 under, then blow up that bad and shoot 9 over....:thinking:

injuredinmelee
05-05-2006, 06:03 AM

mental game. Why so many golfers never realize their full potenial.