PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge to NBA...

Adidas410s
04-10-2006, 08:13 AM
This one is from a major media news source so I count it as being more credible than a "fringe" website.

---------------------------------------------

The Texas Longhorns will reportedly be without one of their leading scorers next season.

LaMarcus Aldridge, whose sophomore season ended with a disappointing performance in Texas' overtime loss to LSU in the NCAA Tournament's Elite Eight, has told teammates and the Longhorns coaching staff he will enter the NBA draft, three sources told The Dallas Morning News.

Aldridge is projected as a possible high first-round pick in the NBA draft -- and ranks at No. 3 on ESPN Insider Chad Ford's Top 100 -- but declined to discuss his future after Texas' loss.

Aldridge's 26-point, 13-rebound performance against West Virginia in the Sweet Sixteen had scouts buzzing that he had solidified his place as a potential No. 1 pick in the draft, according to Ford. But his 2-for-14 performance against LSU had scouts backing off a little bit.

The 6-10 forward averaged 15.0 points and 9.2 rebounds a game during the regular season.

In related news, Longhorns coach Rick Barnes will remain at Texas, despite reports the North Carolina State had targeted Barnes in its coaching search, the Morning News also reported.

Barnes' annual base salary will increase from $1.3 million to $1.8 million, and he will receive a $125,000 bonus if Texas reaches the NCAA Tournament, according to the newspaper.

In 2006, the Longhorns won a school-record 30 games, and earned a share of the Big 12 regular season title.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

injuredinmelee
04-10-2006, 08:22 AM
hope whoever drafts him has a good weightroom and they can get him in it.

neck_06
04-10-2006, 08:31 AM
that was dumb of him..........IMO

Phil C
04-10-2006, 08:31 AM
He should be a top one in the draft. I have heard the draft for the NBA is considered weak this year tough so the money might not be as high even though it will still be good.

injuredinmelee
04-10-2006, 08:36 AM
maybe he can hook up with chief for some juice.

kaorder1999
04-10-2006, 10:28 AM
i dont think its dumb of him at all. Hes been plagued with injuries in college. He coul dhave gone into the draft out of highshcool and could have been a first rounder. Two years in college is good for someone that is about to be given millions. He can always finish his degree if he wants. If he returns to Texas and seriously injures himself he may be done and could be no NBA. Or at least not drafted.

Chief Ohera
04-10-2006, 01:34 PM
so long and until next time.........

pirate4state
04-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera

:rolleyes: This is crazy. Even if you are joking, it isn't funny. :hand:

:nerd: alert :nerd:

:thinking:

Adidas410s
04-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:rolleyes: This is crazy. Even if you are joking, it isn't funny. :hand:

:nerd: alert :nerd:

:thinking:

+1...i'm sure this will be noticed by the powers that be

Adidas410s
04-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
+1...i'm sure this will be noticed by the powers that be

what was there to edit on my post? :thinking:

Bulldog_12
04-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Man, I missed it. I didnt get to see what it said before it got deleted.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-10-2006, 02:20 PM

Is there going to be a next time?:thinking:

Old Tiger
04-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I always miss the good stuff :(

LH Panther Mom
04-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Man, I missed it. I didnt get to see what it said before it got deleted.
Just some more "infinite wisdom"..... ;)

Chief Ohera
04-10-2006, 06:56 PM
If you were truly sorry for what you posted, you WOULDN'T have done it a second time. This is a high school sports forum. We are talking with and about high school athletes, and the promotion of steroids does NOT belong in this forum.~sinton66

AggieJohn
04-10-2006, 06:58 PM
the draft this year won't be a quality one that's for sure, so even if he is the top pick, that's not saying alot

big daddy russ
04-10-2006, 07:14 PM
...why should someone get in trouble about saying something that they believe in. i don't understand the law, saying steroids is illegal is like saying that pot is illegal which it shouldn't be, those drugs should be in the same catagory...
If you had a daughter in HS and some punk kid dropped her off at your front door step, said that he should slap her, that she's a slut, and that the next time he sees her he's going to beat the piss out of her, is there anything wrong with that? He really believes it.

If you believe in them, that's fine. But keep that between you and your friends.

By the way, if that kid did that to my hypothetical daughter, the only way he'd leave my property is in a body bag.

turbostud
04-10-2006, 07:30 PM
If you were truly sorry for what you posted, you WOULDN'T have done it a second time. This is a high school sports forum. We are talking with and about high school athletes, and the promotion of steroids does NOT belong in this forum.~sinton66

Until next time brothers. :D