PDA

View Full Version : Went to Sam Houston Race Park

injuredinmelee
04-09-2006, 09:25 AM
last night. I have been before and had a good time but last night was awesome. Learned alot about the ponies and the game. Glad I dotn live here I am afraid I would be here all the time. Tonight is the final night for thoroughbred racing until Sept or OCt so we might go back again this afternoon. Saw Johnny Lee perform beforehand in case any of yall remember him.

lostaussie
04-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Saw Johnny Lee perform beforehand in case any of yall remember him. of urban cowboy fame. i guess he did "looking for love" and "cherokee fiddle"?

GreenMonster
04-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
he did "looking for love"

I personally like Eddie Murphy's version better. You know, the one where he was portraying Buckwheat. I think he called it "Wookin' Por Nub" :D

SWMustang
04-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
last night. I have been before and had a good time but last night was awesome. Learned alot about the ponies and the game. Glad I dotn live here I am afraid I would be here all the time. Tonight is the final night for thoroughbred racing until Sept or OCt so we might go back again this afternoon. Saw Johnny Lee perform beforehand in case any of yall remember him.

you were about 8 miles from where I live. Quarterhorses will be running this summer. I like them better.

Old Tiger
04-09-2006, 12:52 PM
I like the quarter horse meets there becaus of the Hot Summer Nights Concert series. They have a lot of good people come through there and play and I always see it free :D

The quarterhorses are easier to pick than the thoroughbreds and a lot more exciting. I'm a good handicapper if you are ever there when I make an appearance. Know my way behind the scenes of it and can get the scoop on the horses through friends I have.

Has anyone been to Lonestar Park in Dallas or Retama Park in San Antonio?

injuredinmelee
04-09-2006, 11:13 PM
the q horse races are over so fast. i did go see some several years ago. I will be in houston alot in the next few months so i will holler one time. headed back to Abilene tomorrow afternoon. Will be good to get back to the slow pace and lack of traffic.