PDA

View Full Version : The best girls softball pitcher on the planet.

PPHSfan
04-08-2006, 07:03 PM
LOL,

I don't ever know who the bad ones are.

Maybe Old Card will sneak a peek.

kepdawg
04-06-2007, 03:45 PM
:confused:

pirate4state
04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
LOL bored @ home kep? :D

:( having King withdrawals? :(

Bullaholic
04-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL bored @ home kep? :D

:( having King withdrawals? :(

Maybe if we can't show pics of him, we'll just have to be happy talking about him. :D

pirate4state
04-06-2007, 03:55 PM
maybe, maybe

Did he tie the knot already?

kepdawg
04-06-2007, 03:55 PM
We need the return of The King and Old Card!

kepdawg
04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
maybe, maybe

Did he tie the knot already?

I forgot The King and Ranger Mom were gettin' hicthed! ;) I wonder if it's a shotgun wedding?

Old Tiger
04-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Old Card is around....I speak with him on a daily basis about softball and softball accesories

burnet44
04-07-2007, 02:02 AM
osterman
or
Finch

g$$
04-07-2007, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
osterman
or
Finch

Wrong - Lisa Fernandez. Great hitter too. Has the college rings & Olympic medals to prove it too. Probably best overall softball player to ever suit up, transformed the game. Actually married with a kid too, as is Finch. Can't say that for Osterman...

(Osterman & Finch are very good, but not the best ever.)

gobblerfan02
04-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Wrong - Lisa Fernandez. Great hitter too. Has the college rings & Olympic medals to prove it too. Probably best overall softball player to ever suit up, transformed the game. Actually married with a kid too, as is Finch. Can't say that for Osterman...

(Osterman & Finch are very good, but not the best ever.) I'll back you up on this one...who do you think osterman and finch idolized when they were younger???? Of course the best softball player ever is Fernandez...no question there!

g$$
04-09-2007, 02:56 AM
ttt

mustang04
04-09-2007, 09:49 AM
i'm sorry, but thats just bits of information that i try not to store in my memory

rangerjim
04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
How 'bout the best in Texas - Barnhill of Northwest H.S. (5A this year I think) to break the state strikeout record in her next start - juts 2 short after last week. Will be going to Univ. of Texas next year...........

Phil C
04-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
How 'bout the best in Texas - Barnhill of Northwest H.S. (5A this year I think) to break the state strikeout record in her next start - juts 2 short after last week. Will be going to Univ. of Texas next year...........

:) :clap:

Phil C
04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Lisa was great but let's remember that nowadays pitchers are facing much better hitters and batters than in the past. Softball on that level is still fairly young. We must remember that.

g$$
04-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Lisa was great but let's remember that nowadays pitchers are facing much better hitters and batters than in the past. Softball on that level is still fairly young. We must remember that.

That is like saying Bob Gibson, Sandy Koufax, & Bob Feller would not be as good or dominant b/c they played in a different era. I disagree - the cream always rises & the best of any era will always be just that. They would train differently (nutrition, weights, etc.) & be in the same boat as the stars of today.

BTW, Lisa Fernandez was still dominant as recently as the last Olympics with Finch & Osterman on the same team. She is the best women's softball player ever.

Ranger Mom
04-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I forgot The King and Ranger Mom were gettin' hicthed! ;) I wonder if it's a shotgun wedding?

HaHa!! I just saw this!

I haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks and something is wrong with his phone!

Old Tiger
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$
That is like saying Bob Gibson, Sandy Koufax, & Bob Feller would not be as good or dominant b/c they played in a different era. I disagree - the cream always rises & the best of any era will always be just that. They would train differently (nutrition, weights, etc.) & be in the same boat as the stars of today.

BTW, Lisa Fernandez was still dominant as recently as the last Olympics with Finch & Osterman on the same team. She is the best women's softball player ever. I would take the tandem of Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams from the Auburn team a few years ago over Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside from the great Army team of the 40's.

g$$
04-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I would take the tandem of Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams from the Auburn team a few years ago over Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside from the great Army team of the 40's.

You are reaching. I guess you have seen old footage to make that statement. Lisa Fernandez played on the same team as those others, & was the best pitcher & player on the team. Fernandez did pitch the gold medal game right & hit 3 hole? Enough said.

The best from any era could compete today because they would make the necessary adjustments & have access to the regimens of today. Could every player play today? No, they could not.

Phil C
04-09-2007, 04:54 PM
g$$ I admire Lisa Fernandez. :)

g$$
04-09-2007, 04:57 PM
g$$ I admire Lisa Fernandez. :)

I know you do, & she is the best ever. Her body of work proves that point too. Cat, Finch, Dot, Bustos, etc. all take a backseat to her as overall players.

Phil C
04-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I know you do, & she is the best ever. Her body of work proves that point too. Cat, Finch, Dot, Bustos, etc. all take a backseat to her as overall players.

g$$ did you know Cat has a pefect 100% hitting average in college? :)

g$$
04-09-2007, 05:06 PM
g$$ did you know Cat has a pefect 100% hitting average in college? :)

How many ABS? I know you are in agreement with me here, just messing with you. Cat was an awesome pitcher, but Fernandez was the real deal at P, 3B, & hitting plus she transformed the game. 1st woman to have softball gear with her name, brought the game to new levels, helped generate interest, etc.

Fernandez is also a heterosexual, married with a child (as is Finch). I don't really care but that is a fact too. As for Cat, ...let's just say she is on both teams!

Bull19
04-09-2007, 05:06 PM
HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY POST A PIC OF FINCH PLEASE!!

Old Tiger
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Fernandez is also a heterosexual, married with a child (as is Finch). I don't really care but that is a fact too. As for Cat, ...let's just say she is on both teams! It would be alright if they were not heterosexual because they are girls and they get an exemption as long as they are pretty. :)

I agree Lisa Fernandez was AWESOME!

g$$
04-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
It would be alright if they were not heterosexual because they are girls and they get an exemption as long as they are pretty. :)

I agree Lisa Fernandez was AWESOME!

Pretty commonly accepted these days, agreed. I still prefer a beautiful, athletic, genuine, hetero woman myself though!

Bull19
04-09-2007, 05:14 PM
IF FINCH WENT BOTH WAYS,,,THAT BE COOL,,,,CAT JUST MAKES ME WANNA THROW UP

Old Tiger
04-09-2007, 05:17 PM
http://www.strictmasculin.ro/admin/_files/newsannounce/i_Jennie_Finch.jpg
Finch...oh geez! brb :p